Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #796
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_predator View Post
Does anybody know What wheels will fit on the 15mm hex?
the stock Durango wheels are 14mm.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-m...l#post11891510
touringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #797
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringdriver View Post
the stock Durango wheels are 14mm.
For the buggy. Pretty sure both SC and ST are 15mm
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #798
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringdriver View Post
Hello guys, I've been racing the DEX210 for about 2 winters now and love. now that stadium truck is making a fast comeback at the area tracks i purchased a new DEST210 kit and got it finished up last night. i have a couple of questions about the kit however.
1) it came with the advanced chassis in a separate bag along with another bag with front bulkhead and rear inner hinge pin mounts. SO! my question is the front bulkhead does not mount flat on the optional chassis, is this normal? it has a complete different angle than the stock chassis with bulkhead.

2) why does it give the Dex210 style steering knuckles when the wheels have no holes to mount bearings so you can take full use of the cool guy steering blocks?

thanks for all the help and can't wait to race it next weekend.
1. A new bulkhead along with the RF and RR hangers should have been included. Use that.

2. Keep them for your buggy. Guessing it was just easier to not create a mold.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #799
Tech Rookie

Default Exotech re hanger

Hi guys,

I have the rtr dest and after reading here an aluminum rr hanger is a good upgrade went and bought the exotech +0 degrees (keep it stock as not sure on setup yet) but just tried to install it and it needs the ball ends like the rf hanger as the plastic rr hanger doesn't use them.

If I buy the ball ends will it fit? I read further up this thread they exotech don't make a hanger to fit the dimec b chassis, so how do I tell if mines an a or b?

Cheers Dean.

Last edited by deanob; 02-28-2014 at 11:05 AM.
deanob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #800
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanob View Post
Hi guys,

I have the rtr dest and after reading here an aluminum rr hanger is a good upgrade went and bought the exotech +0 degrees (keep it stock as not sure on setup yet) but just tried to install it and it needs the ball ends like the rf hanger as the plastic rr hanger doesn't use them.

If I buy the ball ends will it fit? I read further up this thread they exotech don't make a hanger to fit the dimec b chassis, so how do I tell if mines an a or b?

Cheers Dean.
It will fit with the ball ends. Exotek have recently released RR hangers for the type B chassis types http://www.exotekracing.com/dex-desc...hanger-type-b/ and http://www.exotekracing.com/dex-desc...nger-type-b-5/
The type B chassis type have higher side walls and have more material at the front and rear of the chassis, check the TD site for pics http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320230
Old 02-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #801
Tech Rookie

Hi ekt, thanks for the reply!

From looking through those links I think I have the type A chassis. I race on an outdoor astro track, would I benefit from the changing to the type B chassis?

Thanks again!
deanob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #802
Tech Rookie

Help! Just built my dest210r with the b kit and the front axles don't stick through the rims in the kit to put the wheel nuts on. What did I do wrong?
sharkbait69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #803
ekt
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanob View Post
Hi ekt, thanks for the reply!

From looking through those links I think I have the type A chassis. I race on an outdoor astro track, would I benefit from the changing to the type B chassis?

Thanks again!
From my experience the durability upgrade alone is worth the change. They also have reduced flex compared to the older style chassis, which creates more consistent handling.
For high grip astro I would recommend the DIMEC20 chassis http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320248

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait69 View Post
Help! Just built my dest210r with the b kit and the front axles don't stick through the rims in the kit to put the wheel nuts on. What did I do wrong?
Make sure the wheel properly seated on the hex.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #804
Tech Rookie

The wheel is seated. Are there two sets of axles? Could I have gotten the buggy axles installed instead?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #805
Tech Elite

Quote:
The wheel is seated. Are there two sets of axles? Could I have gotten the buggy axles installed instead?
Not possible for the buggy axles. The buggy wheels screw on and don't take a hex.

You have the spacer before the hex pin right? The SC axles are shorter but it wouldn't fit with the spacer.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #806
ekt
Tech Master

Quote:
Could you take a couple pictures, would help identify the issue.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #807
Tech Rookie

They protrude the same but just don't sick through the wheel. Plus, what tool are you guys using for the wheel nuts. Having problems getting something to work due to the small diameter of the bore in the wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Durango DEST210R thread-20140302_135221.jpg   Team Durango DEST210R thread-20140302_135125.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #808
Tech Rookie

Looks like the problem was the diameter of the hole in the rim. Still curious on any driver suggestions though.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #809
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
They protrude the same but just don't sick through the wheel. Plus, what tool are you guys using for the wheel nuts. Having problems getting something to work due to the small diameter of the bore in the wheel.
Those look just like mine. they however stick threw my wheels enough to start the nuts. However i have to use a Tamiya T wrench https://www.google.com/search?q=tami...ml%3B500%3B375 that comes with the cheaper on road car kits to tighten or remove the axle nuts. bad design on the wheels in my opinion. whatever nut driver you have it better be a thin wall in order to fit in the silly holes. also i tried racing with the stock chassis and anti squat blocks lastnight and didn't even make it 2 laps before the rear inner hinge pin pulled out of blocks due to so much flex. there again cheap design. but truck felt really great once i barrowed some aluminum parts and raced it in the main.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-m...l#post11891510
touringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #810
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just got the ST truck and love it. What gearing are most of you running with a 7.5t? I am currently at 22/81 and love the punch but it runs out quickly on longer straights. Most of you running the stock 87?
tfrankito is offline   Reply With Quote