R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechuckles8910 View Post
If only they had the Dex210r on sale...... my tracks run alot more buggies than ST.
Put up a post for want to buy and see what comes up. The sale prices seems high right now. I'd target $125-150 depending on what's on it
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #782
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

I've had a lot of help from fellow members on here...I just need help with one more thing I put my kit runn mid motor 4...my axles aren't long enough...guys at the track were saying to get the bigger length..they really hang out bad...should I go with the 97 or do the 99 just to play it safe...any help is appreciate..please comment or pm..again thank you all
Jake444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #783
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake444 View Post
I've had a lot of help from fellow members on here...I just need help with one more thing I put my kit runn mid motor 4...my axles aren't long enough...guys at the track were saying to get the bigger length..they really hang out bad...should I go with the 97 or do the 99 just to play it safe...any help is appreciate..please comment or pm..again thank you all
I haven't heard of too many axles popping out on the ST but it definitely was happening on the SC.

Hobbico initially replaced the axles with one 97 and one 99. 99 went on the diff screw head side. Hobbico's solution now is to use the longer outdrives.

I use 97 on both sides of my SC and have never had them pop out unless the rear arm cracked then broke at the hinge pin.

A friend of mine uses 99's with no issue.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:38 AM   #784
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mind_Blower

Since rear arms for the Durango trucks are on back order till April I thought I would just print my own. Top one is the stock arm, bottom is printed ABS. I'll let you guys know how they hold up.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Durango DEST210R thread-rear-arm.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #785
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mind_Blower

Ok, so I got about 20 laps on the printed arms and they felt fine on the track. I got hit in the rear tire and it broke. Wasn't a very hard hit either. The inner hinge pin pulled right thru the arm. It looks like it pulled right thru the layer lines so if I print it on it's side then the layer lines won't be parallel to the hinge pin. It should make it stronger in the weakest spot.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #786
Tech Rookie

Anyone know a good body replacement or where i can find a knew wing for my dest210?
rc_predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #787
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind_Blower View Post
Ok, so I got about 20 laps on the printed arms and they felt fine on the track. I got hit in the rear tire and it broke. Wasn't a very hard hit either. The inner hinge pin pulled right thru the arm. It looks like it pulled right thru the layer lines so if I print it on it's side then the layer lines won't be parallel to the hinge pin. It should make it stronger in the weakest spot.
Makes sense. In the pic it already looks like it was beefed up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_predator View Post
Anyone know a good body replacement or where i can find a knew wing for my dest210?
Don't know of a body replacement but I use the jconcepts finnisher wing. Can't cut along the lines but it works.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #788
Tech Rookie

Just getting into stadium trucks. Need some good tires. Any suggestions?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #789
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Just getting into stadium trucks. Need some good tires. Any suggestions?
There are a lot of good tires out there, are you going to be racing at a local establishment or just bashing around? If racing, find out what tire and compound works best where you'll be running it, you will save lots of time and $$..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #790
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
There are a lot of good tires out there, are you going to be racing at a local establishment or just bashing around? If racing, find out what tire and compound works best where you'll be running it, you will save lots of time and $$..
In GA there is almost no stadium truck racing. So most likely i would be bashing on grass or a very loose dirt homemade track. I am kind of just getting into rc so i dont know much on tires so i came here to get some opinions from other people.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #791
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
In GA there is almost no stadium truck racing. So most likely i would be bashing on grass or a very loose dirt homemade track. I am kind of just getting into rc so i dont know much on tires so i came here to get some opinions from other people.
Check out the Proline Gladiators and Badlands and see if either of those look like they'd fit your needs.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #792
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

has anyone tried the 4 hole setup on dest?

right now im using 6x1.2 with losi45 front and 37.5 rear and Love the way it jumps. but im thinking using 30 with front 4x1.2 and 30 and 5x1.2 rear to try to get it to corner just a little better so i can get wins instead of 2nd place like i have been getting with the new kit.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #793
Tech Rookie

Hello all,

I have a Dest210 and I have raced it at a local track a few times with the RTR set up. Speed passion 13.5T sensored motor and a Speed passion 60A esc. Using either a Peak Powermax 4200mah 45c or Geforce 4000mah 25c batteries. Stock 26t pinion and 87t spur. Never any issues.

So for kicks, I had a 12T Turnigy finned motor and a Turnigy 60A esc. Using same batteries. I am messing around with the gearing, changed it to either a 24t pinion and 84t spur, or 23t pinion and 83t spur or 24t pinion and 87t spur. I am having issues with the car hesitating on acceleration. Seems it has spotty throttle at the low end and then it bursts out. It happens from the beginning, before motor temps become an issue. I'm trying to use a gearing that is near to the same FDR as the stock 26t/87t. Keeping it around a 9.0-9.5 FDR. The recommended FDR is 9.0 for a 12T motor. For the Durango, the internal ratio is 2.6. The battery and esc never get hot, but after 5 min the motor can get too hot to touch. Is this motor just not strong enough for it? Do I need to go even lower on the pinion for this smaller motor? I do have a program card for the turnigy esc, perhaps an adjustment with some of the settings? I haven't taken it back out to the track yet, just parking lot or the park.

Also, would the FDR be the same for each motor regardless of turns? Or could it be different for the turnigy motors due to the fact they are finned and a little smaller internally?

As a side note, I had the 12T turnigy motor and esc in a Blackfoot Xtreme and although the gearing is much different in the BFX, I never had any issues with the set up.

Thank you in advance for any ideas. I like having reverse on this esc. Heh

Chuck
Chuckrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #794
Tech Rookie

Does anybody know What wheels will fit on the 15mm hex?
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #795
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Chassis and Bulkhead options

Hello guys, I've been racing the DEX210 for about 2 winters now and love. now that stadium truck is making a fast comeback at the area tracks i purchased a new DEST210 kit and got it finished up last night. i have a couple of questions about the kit however.
1) it came with the advanced chassis in a separate bag along with another bag with front bulkhead and rear inner hinge pin mounts. SO! my question is the front bulkhead does not mount flat on the optional chassis, is this normal? it has a complete different angle than the stock chassis with bulkhead.

2) why does it give the Dex210 style steering knuckles when the wheels have no holes to mount bearings so you can take full use of the cool guy steering blocks?

thanks for all the help and can't wait to race it next weekend.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-m...l#post11891510
touringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote