R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 08-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #691
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Does anyone have the window masks and a decal sheet for the stock DEST210R Durango body, that they would sell?
I have a brand new body that's painted. I want to strip the paint and repaint it.

Let me know.

Thanks!
Quality RC Parts Handmade in the USA
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #692
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Aluminium Chassis Feeler thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post12483455

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:10 AM   #693
Tech Adept

Just pulled the trigger and bought a DEST210, build will be coming up soon.

Any mods worth carrying out during the build?

Only options I have bought are exotek shock collars as the plastic kits versions are a bit poor.

I have some Tresrey alloy rear hex from an old 210, will these fit the ST?
Headling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #694
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headling View Post
Just pulled the trigger and bought a DEST210, build will be coming up soon.

Any mods worth carrying out during the build?

Only options I have bought are exotek shock collars as the plastic kits versions are a bit poor.

I have some Tresrey alloy rear hex from an old 210, will these fit the ST?
Look at the first post of the DESC210 thread. Do the front wheel shim mod.

You may want to consider aluminum RF and RR hangers. I think it's an essential upgrade.

Which 210?
DEX210: No. 14mm hex
DESC210: Yes. 15mm hex
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #695
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply, will do the crush spacer mod during the build.

Shame on the hex they are 14mm

Oh well will get some durango alloy hexs on order
Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #696
Tech Adept

Anyone got a good MM high traction set up??
Old 09-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #697
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I'm have an issue with my shocks leaking. They are leaking from the bottom (cartridge). I'm noticing shock oil gathering on my spring cup.
I've been Googling and searching this thread and haven't really found a good fix or explanation to why they're leaking.

Has someone found a fix for this? I've read that the shock seals are swelling, causing the leak. I've also read that the bleeder screw should be out of the shock cap when you screw the cap on the shock.
Has anyone found the culprit for the shocks leaking at the bottom?

Thanks!
Quality RC Parts Handmade in the USA
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #698
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
I'm have an issue with my shocks leaking. They are leaking from the bottom (cartridge). I'm noticing shock oil gathering on my spring cup.
I've been Googling and searching this thread and haven't really found a good fix or explanation to why they're leaking.

Has someone found a fix for this? I've read that the shock seals are swelling, causing the leak. I've also read that the bleeder screw should be out of the shock cap when you screw the cap on the shock.
Has anyone found the culprit for the shocks leaking at the bottom?

Thanks!
File down the plastic spacer in the shock a mm or so. I personally haven't had any issues.

Read the DESC210 first post for shock building advice. It's the same shocks. You should also bevel the shock caps if you haven't already done so.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #699
Tech Adept

I use tamiya red o rings in my durango shocks and these seem to work well and stay leak free for quite a while.

Get them of e bay pretty cheap
Old 09-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #700
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Tower Hobbies price on the RTR is pretty crazy - $199.00 for a RTR Rango? I have the 210 and the 410 and I like the cars despite their issues (terrible ball cups - but what else is new).

Here are a few targeted questions:
  • How does this kit handle compared to say a T4 platform (if you've had both)?
  • Is the gear diff in the RTR OK? I've never run gear diff on a 2wd?
  • Any other differences in the RTR versus the Kit? I've never bought an RTR but for $20 more it seems like a good deal with some electronis thrown in.
  • Speaking of - are the SP electronics at least OK (or throw away)?
  • Durango has odd wheel fitment (hex/axle) sizes. I have my 410 converrted to b44.1 wheels for ease of buying at the local track. Can you similarly convert this truck to match any other AE or Losi wheel set easily?

Any other thoughts?
Old 09-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #701
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
The Tower Hobbies price on the RTR is pretty crazy - $199.00 for a RTR Rango? I have the 210 and the 410 and I like the cars despite their issues (terrible ball cups - but what else is new).

• How does this kit handle compared to say a T4 platform (if you've had both)?
  • Is the gear diff in the RTR OK? I've never run gear diff on a 2wd?
  • Any other differences in the RTR versus the Kit? I've never bought an RTR but for $20 more it seems like a good deal with some electronis thrown in.
  • Speaking of - are the SP electronics at least OK (or throw away)?
  • Durango has odd wheel fitment (hex/axle) sizes. I have my 410 converrted to b44.1 wheels for ease of buying at the local track. Can you similarly convert this truck to match any other AE or Losi wheel set easily?

Any other thoughts?
A lot of people complain about the ball cups and a lot of people defend them in all of the Durango threads.

Personally, I rarely pop them off and I crash a lot. The key is to replace them after a few popoffs. Either crash or maintenance popoffs.

1. N/A to me.
2. There are differences but it depends how good you are I guess. For me, I doubt I could tell the difference but I'm running a ball diff with bfast components. I think it's really about getting used to it and your track. I was told that at a carpet/high grip track, I should use a gear diff for instant power.
3. Gear diff and missing MM parts. Painted body and wheels already have tires attached of course. I guess it depends if you're going to buy wheels and a new body.
4. Decent. You can't adjust timing on that speedo and you can't put on reverse if you want it. The radio is basic. Pretty much just trim adjustment. No expo.
5. I think it's been done but it's way more common on the buggies. I just run 15mm.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #702
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have a DEX210, DEX410, DESC410v2, and I just built a DEST210 yesterday. I don't have problems with the ball cups either.

The kit I got from Tower included the aluminum steering link and the Dimec 20 Type B chassis. It was missing the front bulkhead that fits the Type B chassis though. Luckily I had one. I built it MM4 since that's the way I run my DEX210. With the right driving technique I find it superior to RM (for me).

I bought my DEX210 used and replaced the ball diff with a gear diff because the ball diff was shot. I just figured the Dingo ball diffs were crap but after building this new one correctly I have changed my opinion. Buttery smooth and easy to adjust.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #703
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

Are there any differences between the DEST210R kit and the DEST210 RTR other than the diff?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #704
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post

ect

Any other thoughts?

Im ran the car, box stock at my club, apart from changing the radio gear and the servo to a MG one with a strait horn on, as the servo saver is mega weak, and i was winning races!

the 13.5t closed end motor was plenty fast enough for our track, and the tires seemd to grip rather well on the grass too, i have changed to schumacher minispike on rear and it grips brilliantly., but does suffer from understeer a fair bit now, but as i say, understeer is better than oversteer when racing.

the only things i have done to the car are change the rear tires, change the steering servo, and removed the deans connector to bullets, as i found the deans were coming a little loose, tripping the low voltage cutoff, oh, and i got me a clear shell too as i like my own style.

hope this helps
Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #705
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Gday Everyone,

Quick question I may be grabbing a DEST210R soon.

I run a DEX210 on a clay/dirt bumpy track that when the top layer is blown off has medium grip.

What is the common piston hole size for the DEST?? I was going to run 4 hole but see a few running 6 hole.

When I ran 6 hole in my DEX210 there wasnt enough squish and was getting chassis slap (we have 1/8 scale jumps).

I run 4 Hole 1.3mm hole piston in my DEX210 with 30wt F 25wt R this works very well in it, with short batt pack its 1635g

The ultimate question is can the DEX210 setups apply towards the Stadium truck as the weight will not be that much heavier?
Pittster is offline   Reply With Quote