Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 04:43 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There are Type B aluminium RR mounts, should be available soon, TD330579 and LRC TD330599
Old 08-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekt
There are Type B aluminium RR mounts, should be available soon, TD330579 and LRC TD330599
I saw that. Just can't find them. Hopefully soon
Old 08-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I just bought a DEST210R. Just wondering if or what necessary upgrades need to be done on the truck before racing? I'm new to stadium truck, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-shot
I just bought a DEST210R. Just wondering if or what necessary upgrades need to be done on the truck before racing? I'm new to stadium truck, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd recommend the RF and RR aluminum hangers. Also, look back a page or so for the wheel shim mod.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Who makes aluminum wheel hexes for the DEST210R?

Also, what's the max battery size (length, width & height) that will fit in the truck? I'm going to order some new 2s lipos, but I'm don't know the size of the battery tray. I haven't received my new DEST210R yet, if you're wondering why I'm asking for the battery tray size!!!

Thanks for your help!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:13 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Who makes aluminum wheel hexes for the DEST210R?

Also, what's the max battery size (length, width & height) that will fit in the truck? I'm going to order some new 2s lipos, but I'm don't know the size of the battery tray. I haven't received my new DEST210R yet, if you're wondering why I'm asking for the battery tray size!!!

Thanks for your help!!!
Here's a list of aluminium hexes http://durangofansite.com/DEST210aftermarket.html#trans
Don't know about the maximum sizes, but it is designed around 'race' packs
Length: 139mm
Width: 47mm
Height: 25.1mm
Old 08-23-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

I am a noob to 1/10 scale, ST, and Durango. I have a few questions regarding setup on my DEST210R.
Checking and setting ride height. Do I check it and set it the same as I do on my 1/8 scales? Install the battery, hold the truck about 12" above a table and drop it? At which points on the chassis do I measure?

Slipper clutch. Is there a "correct" way to set a slipper clutch, or a starting point? Is there a link on how to correctly set/adjust a slipper clutch?

A good basic setup. Does someone have, or can tell me where to find a good, basic setup for my DEST210R? I'm looking for a good, all around setup to start with.

I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times on this thread. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it very much!!

Old 08-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I am a noob to 1/10 scale, ST, and Durango. I have a few questions regarding setup on my DEST210R.
Checking and setting ride height. Do I check it and set it the same as I do on my 1/8 scales? Install the battery, hold the truck about 12" above a table and drop it? At which points on the chassis do I measure?

Slipper clutch. Is there a "correct" way to set a slipper clutch, or a starting point? Is there a link on how to correctly set/adjust a slipper clutch?

A good basic setup. Does someone have, or can tell me where to find a good, basic setup for my DEST210R? I'm looking for a good, all around setup to start with.

I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times on this thread. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it very much!!

• Yes and measure front and rear as you do w/ 1/8 lowest points.
  • hold rear tires pull throttle it should only come off the ground a couple inches, if it doesn't pull up at all tighten slipper, if it flips right up or pulls a super high wheelie loosen it
  • petitrc.com has several
  • exotek makes the locking alum hex's as well as many other great parts for the desc210
Old 08-23-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
  • Yes and measure front and rear as you do w/ 1/8 lowest points.
  • hold rear tires pull throttle it should only come off the ground a couple inches, if it doesn't pull up at all tighten slipper, if it flips right up or pulls a super high wheelie loosen it
  • petitrc.com has several
  • exotek makes the locking alum hex's as well as many other great parts for the desc210
Thanks for your help 8ight-e!!!

Yep, found, ordered, and installed the Exotek aluminum hexes! They do have a ton of nice stuff!

Thanks again for your help!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:05 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Here's a video on properly setting your slipper
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

I'm thinking about installing the gear diff in my DEST210R. I have read that it needs to be properly shimmed. I saw the assembly instructions on the Durango website. They show shimming the planetary gears, and putting the washer on the outdrives. Where else does it need shimming? When I install it into the tranny case?

Also, what's a good starting weight of oil to put in the gear diff? I read you should use black grease, but I also read that someone used 5k shock oil in their gear diff.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:20 PM
ekt
Tech Master

I'm thinking about installing the gear diff in my DEST210R. I have read that it needs to be properly shimmed. I saw the assembly instructions on the Durango website. They show shimming the planetary gears, and putting the washer on the outdrives. Where else does it need shimming? When I install it into the tranny case?

Also, what's a good starting weight of oil to put in the gear diff? I read you should use black grease, but I also read that someone used 5k shock oil in their gear diff.

The gear diff for the '210 series doesn't need to be shimmed at the bearings.
I use 5k oil in mine, but it is something you need to play with, to find what you like.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ekt
The gear diff for the '210 series doesn't need to be shimmed at the bearings.
I use 5k oil in mine, but it is something you need to play with, to find what you like.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!!

Now, do you use 5k shock or diff oil in yours?

Thanks again!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:05 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!!

Now, do you use 5k shock or diff oil in yours?

Thanks again!
As far as I am aware, anything above 1k is diff oil and anything under is shock oil
Old 08-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

I rebuilt my ball diff and used acer carbide balls from tower and they are awesome! I also added new plates and made sure to put the curved side away from the balls, this gives a smoother surface to roll on. This diff is so quiet, very nice. I ordered 3 sets of balls to do 2 diffs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.