R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 06-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrigger View Post
I might try these. I will say the new design, just from the pics I've seen, looks like the problem is pretty much solved. Also, I took an old aluminum chassis from my dex and cut the rear off to make a home made skid plate and found the extra material under the chassis caused the truck to bottom out a little earlier. And even with the front ground down on a sharp angle it would hang up on dirt a bit. I should add this was a temporary solution to allow me to run the following weekend after the chassis broke at the rear and I didn't make a skid plate for the front which proved to be my undoing the next outing as the front part of the chassis snapped.
It was a quick fix for me as well. I figured if it broke once it was a fluke. But after some research it was just a bad design. They worked for me. I'm going to switch to mid motor so the rear plate should help with traction. Can't get weight much lower then that lol. I ran practice last Sunday with them and by using both and not just the back it evend out the added weight. I diddent notice and duffrence in performance. I run 17.5 blinky and actually put faster laps down with them. But that could have been from the extra confidence that I got from not worrying about stripping a RF block from the chassis flexing lol
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #647
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal23 View Post
But that could have been from the extra confidence that I got from not worrying about stripping a RF block from the chassis flexing lol
That makes sense. Didn't think the RF block on mine stripped due to chassis flex though.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #648
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
That makes sense. Didn't think the RF block on mine stripped due to chassis flex though.
Oh don't get me wrong I've hit a few pipes or wrapped around a poor before and stripped a rf block. But I think that BC that rear peice is so small that when you hit something it can let the arm roll down and away from the RF block causing it to rip out. The first time it happend I diddent understand what had happened. I bought mine used so I figured it was just a bad part. But after about 3-4 of them I realized it was something else. BC when I hit stuff the block would strip, when I flopped on a jump the arm broke. I would rather replace an arm then that block. Much easer and faster IMHO. So between that plate and my new addition -a tresery alum RF block, I don't think I'll have the block issues anymore. And my driving is getting better so I should be able to use the arms for a few races lol.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ripped the right rear end out of mine last sat. and that does take some time to fix, and of course I lost the pivot ball as well.
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #650
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm planning on getting this truck. What are some spare parts that are good to have on hand?
Also, are there any "must have" upgrades I should get? Thanks.
jha07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #651
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah the new chassis they are just now offering. I put a T-bone bumper on mine to save the chassis, and it works. Does anyone know if the new ST chassis is any longer? I wish it was. I also had to put an aluminum steering arm on it as well, Amain Gh brand.
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #652
Tech Elite

17.5 blinky ran in the mod class. Mid motor 3. Indoor clay. With a broken chassis
Old 06-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #653
Tech Elite

New chassis is in at Tower. Added a DIMEC20 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal23 View Post
17.5 blinky ran in the mod class. Mid motor 3. Indoor clay. With a broken chassis
Nicely done. Congrats! No need to upgrade
Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #654
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

If any of you guys looking for a Stadium Truck for racing or back up I have one with 4 packs on it, send me a pm or check my thread history, it's a great truck just lack of interest unless a big event on my local tracks has forced me to sell.
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #655
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default wheel rubbing

What is up with the front wheels rubbing on the wheels/turnbuckles? I've had to trim mine a ridiculous amount to even get close to a free wheel at full lock.
rain100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #656
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain100 View Post
What is up with the front wheels rubbing on the wheels/turnbuckles? I've had to trim mine a ridiculous amount to even get close to a free wheel at full lock.
+1 same issue here

MIKES RC WORLD(r.i.p) | TACOMA RC RACEWAY | FOUR SEASONS RC RACEWAY(r.i.p) | ISLAND RACEWAY
Panic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:04 AM   #657
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain100 View Post
Probably my biggest complaint of the overall design, next to the original chassis weak points.

On a side note, my new "type b" chassis, motor guard and hangers arrived courtesy of Team Durango and I couldn't be happier with their customer service! Definitely retained a customer here!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #658
Tech Elite

Posted some thoughts on the new chassis over in the DESC210 thread. I picked one up for the ST as well.

Team Durango DESC210R
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #659
Tech Elite

if anyone is looking or needing some st tires and a spare body for there dest i have some. after breaking my chasssis i swapped the st over to an sct because i wanted to try out the rango as a sct for a while.

have a nice set of barcodes clay with lots of tread.
and a near new set of panther slicks.
and a custom painted body in decent shape.
as well as if somone picks it all up i will make a good package deal and throw in a few misc parts i wont need from the st. like body mounts and nik naks. also have a nip wing for it as well ill throw in. thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #660
Tech Elite

Got a dex210 for sale with some goodies on it if anyone is looking for one. Have a f/s thread on it as well. Would trade it for a dest210r or desc210r or sell for $175. Lmk