R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 06-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

http://sumo-racing.com/DurangoDEX210.html

Found what I needed. Figured I'd share incase someone else was wondering or worried about it. I think its a good piece. Thought about making my own but for the price its to easy not to. Now I'm just wondering if I should still replace the chassis or if that will work. I'm not sure if the 2 screws in the middle part will be able to hold up to the stress or if they will strip out . But I figure WTH might as well throw it on and see if it works. I'm not jumping houses so I dought I will bend the skid plate. And if rips out I need to replace the chassis anyways might as well give it a shot.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #632
Tech Elite

In case anyone is looking for a second car or spare parts car mxer has that 2 day old dest down 2 $160. Not a bad deal peeps
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #633
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal23 View Post
Now I'm just wondering if I should still replace the chassis or if that will work. I'm not sure if the 2 screws in the middle part will be able to hold up to the stress or if they will strip out . But I figure WTH might as well throw it on and see if it works. I'm not jumping houses so I dought I will bend the skid plate. And if rips out I need to replace the chassis anyways might as well give it a shot.
I'd just replace the chassis and put the skid plates on. I broke the front on my ST a few weeks ago.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #634
Tech Elite

I'm going to trim off the last bit of the chassis where the 2 end holes run through. Then I'm going to lathe the skid down on the top portion to give the end a rase up to match the chassis line. I think it will be fine. I don't have the time to brother with replacing that chassis. Still trying to see weather the st class is going to pick up in my area before I dump anymore money and time into it. Thanks for the replys
Old 06-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #635
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Team Spec 4mm Lowered Carbon Fiber Shock Towers

We have just released our Team Edition 4mm Lowered Rear Shock Towers, available for the DEX210 and the DESC210/DEST210. Please visit the website for more info -

http://www.diggitydesigns.com/index.html
Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #636
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can buy a bumper for the ST. I have one on mine and the chassis would be broke if not for the bumper. It is a very simple design.
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #637
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just buy the 3.99 short course front bumper install the skid trim it to desired length and you are done.. no more breaking and super cheap
Old 06-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #638
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

For those breaking the chassis, it looks like Durango released a "Type B" DIMEC & DIMEC20 chassis for all the 1/10 2WD vehicles, which has thicker material at the front kickup as well as in the rear. There are also Type B motor guards and suspension hangers available (in plastic and aluminum) which are a bit beefier as well.

STADIUM TRUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
HP PRST-1
AE FT RC10GT2 (for when nitro ST rises from the dead!!)
lappdawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #639
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lappdawg27 View Post
For those breaking the chassis, it looks like Durango released a "Type B" DIMEC & DIMEC20 chassis for all the 1/10 2WD vehicles, which has thicker material at the front kickup as well as in the rear. There are also Type B motor guards and suspension hangers available (in plastic and aluminum) which are a bit beefier as well.
We've been testing these for quite some time now and they have been very good. I haven't seen or heard of one breaking between us and the other team guys I am in regular contact with. TD did a great job addressing the issues people had with the original chassis.
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #640
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am using a T-bone front bumper on mine. I hope the new chassis for the DEX 210 is longer. I added a rear bumper to my ST.
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #641
Tech Initiate

team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD320230

Apparently I don't have enough posts to link a site but the part # is TD320230 for the new type b chassis. It is also going to require a new front bulkhead and RR hanger along with a new motor guard.

I've replaced my dex with the rdrp plus 11 after 2 dimecs broke and went through 3 dest chassis before almost throwing this truck out a window. After a call to customer service they are sending me the new type b chassis with the rest of the pieces free of charge. I must say they definitely retained a customer here and I'm stoked to try the new chassis. It's a shame they had such problems with the initial design of the chassis because the truck is amazingly easy to make fast and quickly became my favourite class to run. Here's hoping they got this all sorted out.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #642
Tech Elite

Sumo skid plates. Held up great for practice and a cheap good upgrade. Easer then replacing chassis. And even if you upgrade to the new chassis I still recommended it. Just my .02
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #643
Tech Elite

Sumo skid plates. Held up great for practice and a cheap good upgrade. Easer then replacing chassis. And even if you upgrade to the new chassis I still recommended it. Just my .02
Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #644
Tech Elite

And they are not as thick as the look. I shimmed under the RR block to accommodate for the chassis that I cut off

Old 06-12-2013, 02:26 AM   #645
Tech Initiate

I might try these. I will say the new design, just from the pics I've seen, looks like the problem is pretty much solved. Also, I took an old aluminum chassis from my dex and cut the rear off to make a home made skid plate and found the extra material under the chassis caused the truck to bottom out a little earlier. And even with the front ground down on a sharp angle it would hang up on dirt a bit. I should add this was a temporary solution to allow me to run the following weekend after the chassis broke at the rear and I didn't make a skid plate for the front which proved to be my undoing the next outing as the front part of the chassis snapped.