Team Durango DEST210R thread >

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
I almost bought that one just for parts. That was rediculous.
Can't beat it for 125. Been wanting a truck.for a while.just diddent want to pay over 200 just.for used
Old 03-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default new kit in the stable

Loved my DEX210 so much figured I would try the ST, got it last week and has plenty of the Tresrey bling on it. You know all sexy looking and stuff I just want it to perform at the level my buggy does.

Went through the whole kit shocks were at: F-4x1.2 Losi 30wt Losi 22t front greens / R-4x1.2 Losi 27,5wt losi 22t rear whites. Rebuild them with fresh oils One got one pair of tires Gold bar Codes with proline CC all the way around. Brass plate up front with 4k mah Shorty pack in middle.

Diff felt good installed 8.5T in and tested one battery pack last night and WOW! this thing was so good! I could use slightly more steering but that could be the 4 gear rear motor set up and or 4* of rear toe. couldn't stay long enough to tune just wanted to see where it was at set up wise?

The one thing that impressed me more than anything else was the amount of pack the piston oil set up gave me current lay out here has 2 triples and sometimes like all of us humans do we over shoot a lander and when I did the truck did NOT chassis slap. Very impressed so far.

Might have to go 17.5T class since Mod ST has low turn outs, So since that might happen I'll want to lighten the kit to get the most out of the punnie 17.5T motor (lol). problem I'm thinking i might run into is the durango Kits really like being on the heavy side it's what we owe alot of our stability to. I read all 37 pages and saw your gearing set up for stock.

questions for you stock racers...
1. Have you lighten your ST if so Kit weight with body on pls?
2. Make of Motor with how much end bell timing?
3. Gearing?

Thanks for your input in advance guys.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I dig the Team Durango DEX210 ST!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Cool

Originally Posted by Camp-Dog
Loved my DEX210 so much figured I would try the ST, got it last week and has plenty of the Tresrey bling on it. You know all sexy looking and stuff I just want it to perform at the level my buggy does.

Went through the whole kit shocks were at: F-4x1.2 Losi 30wt Losi 22t front greens / R-4x1.2 Losi 27,5wt losi 22t rear whites. Rebuild them with fresh oils One got one pair of tires Gold bar Codes with proline CC all the way around. Brass plate up front with 4k mah Shorty pack in middle.

Diff felt good installed 8.5T in and tested one battery pack last night and WOW! this thing was so good! I could use slightly more steering but that could be the 4 gear rear motor set up and or 4* of rear toe. couldn't stay long enough to tune just wanted to see where it was at set up wise?

The one thing that impressed me more than anything else was the amount of pack the piston oil set up gave me current lay out here has 2 triples and sometimes like all of us humans do we over shoot a lander and when I did the truck did NOT chassis slap. Very impressed so far.

Might have to go 17.5T class since Mod ST has low turn outs, So since that might happen I'll want to lighten the kit to get the most out of the punnie 17.5T motor (lol). problem I'm thinking i might run into is the durango Kits really like being on the heavy side it's what we owe alot of our stability to. I read all 37 pages and saw your gearing set up for stock.

questions for you stock racers...
1. Have you lighten your ST if so Kit weight with body on pls?
2. Make of Motor with how much end bell timing?
3. Gearing?

Thanks for your input in advance guys.
Shorty batteries. I run venom 3800 60c packs.
No added weight. No extra brass or bling.
I run a 17.5 trinity D 3.5 with a speed passion GT2.0
No enbell timing. 20t pinion stock spur.
2.5 toe in rf block.
Let me tell you, for a 17.5 it hauls @$$!! Lol best motor investment ever. Haven't even tried running timing. Its fast enough. Do yourself a favor, if your not running roar races buy that motor. Can't go wrong. Just my .02
Old 04-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Check out my DEST210 in the for sale section.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post12066793
Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ready for Summer Outdoor Season!

Just finished up my latest TD build, DEST210R. I'm all ready for the outdoor summer season, I just need the weather to cooperate!

Team Durango Fleet (and a Losi Mini 8ight for some variety )

Pit Table/Storage

Let's go weather!!

Neil

Last edited by MacLean; 06-26-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Kudos on the build. Looks sweet. What kind of track are you running on? I am asking BC your running RM3 like me. I run indoor and outdoor and love this truck. I like how you have everything inline. I just wounder if your going to have any interference with the RX being so close to the TS and servo. When you run it will you please give us feedback on it. BC I would love to run mime lime that bit outdoor I have to run my battery more back then up. I had it all the way up front and just had no traction outdoor. Bit we also run a loose outdoor track with low traction. I run the m11x so instead of running RM4 I just adjust my spa and abs. But I would love to put my ESC Behind tur batt and everything upfront so please let me know if you have glitching issues with everything being that close and I would like to do the same. Thanks in advance. Paint is sweet.

Take care of that wing as well. I broke it off first race, 2 roll obers it was done. I bought 2 jconcepts illusions wings and with a little cutting it looks nice and much stronger as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Nice addition to the fleet. What servo arm is that?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by socal23
Kudos on the build. Looks sweet. What kind of track are you running on? I am asking BC your running RM3 like me. I run indoor and outdoor and love this truck. I like how you have everything inline. I just wounder if your going to have any interference with the RX being so close to the TS and servo. When you run it will you please give us feedback on it. BC I would love to run mime lime that bit outdoor I have to run my battery more back then up. I had it all the way up front and just had no traction outdoor. Bit we also run a loose outdoor track with low traction. I run the m11x so instead of running RM4 I just adjust my spa and abs. But I would love to put my ESC Behind tur batt and everything upfront so please let me know if you have glitching issues with everything being that close and I would like to do the same. Thanks in advance. Paint is sweet.

Take care of that wing as well. I broke it off first race, 2 roll obers it was done. I bought 2 jconcepts illusions wings and with a little cutting it looks nice and much stronger as well.
Thanks for the tip on the wing; I heard this from someone else and grabbed the two-pack of JConcepts wings as well and have one of them trimmed up already.

I am running on an med-size outdoor track with med to low bite depending on conditions. I simply started with RM3 as a starting point (and because that's what I run in my 210), if I need to switch to RM4 for more grip i'll give it a try.

Yes, I will try to provide some feedback on the range and if any glitching from the Rx. I can't imagine range will be an issue since i'm not doing speed runs and letting it go far away, only 150' max. And I haven't had any issues in my Mini 8ight, and it has the same SR3520 right beside the servo and ESC, so i'm confident it'll be alright. Also, i've only ever driven the Mini 8ight indoors in a metal structure with huge metal support posts and beams. So if there was going to be range/glitching issues, they would have happened in there!

Neil
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice addition to the fleet. What servo arm is that?
It's just the stock aluminum one that came with the Hitec HS-7940TH servo (and I think most of their metal/titanium geared servo's). I use them in all my 1/10 scale buggies and never had a problem with them...

Neil
Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just ordered one of these...can't wait to get it on Thursday...I'll have Thursday night and some of the day Friday to get it completed. I'll be racing it Friday night. Gonna run a Hobbywing esc and a Fantom 8.5 in it. I was really sick of short course...this will be a welcome change...I'm really pushing for ST at the local track. Lots of guys have 'em but don't bring them because they think nobody else will.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://www.bestrc.com/promos/tdr-spr...ale/index.html

Pretty good deal here, kit only 250 plus you get some extra spare parts. I ordered my kit through a dealer, hopefully I'll get an extra box of goodies!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MacLean
It's just the stock aluminum one that came with the Hitec HS-7940TH servo (and I think most of their metal/titanium geared servo's). I use them in all my 1/10 scale buggies and never had a problem with them...

Neil
Thanks. Need to get me one of those.

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
http://www.bestrc.com/promos/tdr-spr...ale/index.html

Pretty good deal here, kit only 250 plus you get some extra spare parts. I ordered my kit through a dealer, hopefully I'll get an extra box of goodies!
You should. Sounds like its a Durango special and not based in dealer. Enjoy the build and welcome to the club.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

About to use a new body. What wings are you folks using?

Originally Posted by socal23
Can I get a link to the one you got?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

About to use a new body. What wings are you folks using?

Can I get a link to the one you got?
It's a standard ST wing from JC, should have them at the track bud. We used the same one for Cush's truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.