R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #496
Regional Moderator
 
Jon Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 2,882
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Wow, lucky you didn't break the front of the chassis with it tweaked like that.

Nice catch, RCTech comes through again.
__________________
Jon Carlson
Team Associated, Reedy
Futaba, OS Engines, O'Donnell Racing Fuel
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #497
Tech Regular
 
mnracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ramsey Minnesota
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Finished the build,and decided to go 1.3mm, 4 hole pistons with Avid Red Springs all around. All I can say is wow. The truck was planted on a dry, dirt track. I am really impressed with this truck. No weight, shorty pack mounted forward, and it was perfectly balanced. Stock turn buckles and ball cups. Everything worked great, no issues. Went through 3 packs of testing.
What were you running for shock oil front/rear?
__________________
Billy D
mnracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #498
Tech Regular
 
mnracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ramsey Minnesota
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Picking up my kit tomorrow... I don't find too much setup info about this truck. I am familiar with Durango. What drive setup is everybody running? I really like the RM4 in my Dex210... but was considering mm with the truck???? Thoughts....
__________________
Billy D
mnracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #499
Tech Elite
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnracer View Post
Picking up my kit tomorrow... I don't find too much setup info about this truck. I am familiar with Durango. What drive setup is everybody running? I really like the RM4 in my Dex210... but was considering mm with the truck???? Thoughts....
most are running the same set up in the truck as we are in the buggy mate its a good starting point
__________________
C/O Coast2coastrc (www.coast2coastrc.com.au) SMC Lipo
Tekno Rc , Team Tekin , Panther-Rc , De Racing , Upgrade Rc , Team Triton rc , M2C clutches , Nitro X fuels
DBL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #500
Tech Regular
 
mnracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ramsey Minnesota
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Any other setup tips? Front caster?
__________________
Billy D
mnracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #501
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnracer View Post
What were you running for shock oil front/rear?
Losi 32.5 front, 30 rear.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #502
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,651
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

When you loosen the slipper, do you actually hear it slip for ST? I have a DESC210 and I slip about a foot or two and it's easy to hear. I loosen the slipper quite a bit on the DEST210 yesterday and I didn't hear it slip.

Once your diff is set, do you folks ever adjust it? Seems all the adjustment nowadays is to the slipper.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #503
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
When you loosen the slipper, do you actually hear it slip for ST? I have a DESC210 and I slip about a foot or two and it's easy to hear. I loosen the slipper quite a bit on the DEST210 yesterday and I didn't hear it slip.

Once your diff is set, do you folks ever adjust it? Seems all the adjustment nowadays is to the slipper.
My hearing is not very good, so I never hear any slippers slipping, unless I'm standing right of the car. I tune mine more by the table top method and holding the wheels. I then test it on the track, judging more by traction. I also can also tell by how well it clears jumps. If I have trouble clearing a medium sized double, I tighten up the slipper a bit. If the truck is controllable, and clears jumps like it should, it's good enough for me. Thats why I am a middle of the pack driver on a good day.

Either way, the diffs on my DEX210 and DEST210, are perfect and never need adjustment. I got pretty good at building diffs after having a Losi 22, and the B44.1, and doing it countless times. I feel the Durango diff is one of the best.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #504
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I am trying to get my ride height around 29mm front and rear. Rear adjusts fine, but to get the front down to 29mm, I find the front springs have play in them. Around 2 or 3mm of up and down play (between the shock collar and bottom cup) when the car sits at 29mm. I have the 45mm Durango springs up front. I tried the springs that came with the truck, the Durango tuning springs, Losi and Avid. Did I miss something?
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #505
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,844
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
I am trying to get my ride height around 29mm front and rear. Rear adjusts fine, but to get the front down to 29mm, I find the front springs have play in them. Around 2 or 3mm of up and down play (between the shock collar and bottom cup) when the car sits at 29mm. I have the 45mm Durango springs up front. I tried the springs that came with the truck, the Durango tuning springs, Losi and Avid. Did I miss something?
Do you have the droop limited at all? I generally set the ride height and then adjust the droop screws to take up the slack. I know what you mean though, some longer springs of the correct rates would be nice.
__________________
XRAY, RC America, MOTIV, Sanwa, Arrowmax, Neverlift Racing Apparel
Jonny5ive Designs- by racers, for racers!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #506
Tech Elite
 
SMcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
most are running the same set up in the truck as we are in the buggy mate its a good starting point
Adjust from there
__________________
We Shall See
The Track Raceway, RCRNV, JMR
Team Jacobs Racing
YouTube: looking for turtles entertainment
B6D, X-1 2016, T4 2014 VTA, SCX-10 II
SMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #507
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 508
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Im running Jonny5's setup on the DESC210, but in MM4. I'm thinking of setting up the DEST the same and starting there
jzwolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #508
Tech Regular
 
mnracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ramsey Minnesota
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

So... Build question. The rear suspension rear hinge pin holder... My dex210 holder uses balls on the pins that go into and pivot in the rear holder. The dest210 I'm building has a supplemental page added to the manual that uses a rear pin holder that eliminates the balls on the pins. After assembly the rear arms bind with up/down travel with no shocks attached!! The kit includes the balls and pin mount like the dex210. I swapped them out to the original design and no more binding? What was the reason for the change? And why the poor fit???
__________________
Billy D
mnracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #509
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnracer View Post
So... Build question. The rear suspension rear hinge pin holder... My dex210 holder uses balls on the pins that go into and pivot in the rear holder. The dest210 I'm building has a supplemental page added to the manual that uses a rear pin holder that eliminates the balls on the pins. After assembly the rear arms bind with up/down travel with no shocks attached!! The kit includes the balls and pin mount like the dex210. I swapped them out to the original design and no more binding? What was the reason for the change? And why the poor fit???
Not sure about the binding, but my guess is they changed the pivot for strength. The pivot with the balls leaves less material aroun the perimeter of the mount (socket). With the pin going directly into the mount, there is more material around the pin to hold it in. It's stronger.

I broke the rear front hinge pin holder on my dex210 pretty easily. It broke right around the ball. Literally pulled out of the socket with the ball still attached to the pin.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #510
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Thinking of trying 2 hole pistons, rm3, with a shorty pack. Anyone have any experience using 2 hole pistons on an outdoor dirt track? If so what springs and oil did you use?
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Durango DESC410R Thread KostaG Electric Off-Road 12303 10-17-2017 09:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net