R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #346
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastchvy View Post
i hope this isn't going to happen to all of them, just got done building 1 for my 8 year old and he is a punched driver and west coast has a big triple now. he isnt going to like it when i say double single
I feel your pain. I am stuck now wondering what to do because there is no aftermarket chassis that I am aware of that is CF or Alum. So unfortunately I am stuck with 2 options:

-buy a new chassis and sell the truck
-shelve it until an updated chassis comes out

I don't like either one.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #347
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
I feel your pain. I am stuck now wondering what to do because there is no aftermarket chassis that I am aware of that is CF or Alum. So unfortunately I am stuck with 2 options:

-buy a new chassis and sell the truck
-shelve it until an updated chassis comes out

I don't like either one.
Can I ask you a couple questions? I'm running the truck also and with the out-of-the-box front springs and shock setup I'm having a hard time getting it to bottom out in the front. Are you nose diving or landing on the top of the down ramp with the middle of the chassis. Hitting the middle of the chassis on the top of the down ramp, I can't imagine there is enough weight to brake the front end off. But, am not going to deny what you are experiencing, just trying to figure it out. It may need a reinforcement piece like the front RPM bumper for the SC10 has.
Slash and Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #348
Tech Master

Is anybody running mid motor 3 gear on an indoor clay/dirt track? I'm running rear motor 3 gear and could you a tad more steering around the sweeper. I know there are other things I could do, but would love it if it I could run it in MM3!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #349
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash and Burn View Post
Is anybody running mid motor 3 gear on an indoor clay/dirt track? I'm running rear motor 3 gear and could you a tad more steering around the sweeper. I know there are other things I could do, but would love it if it I could run it in MM3!
I am running mm4 on indoor clay. U need to add some weight to the rear to get it to work, but I got mine to work well.

As for ur ? Regarding how I am breaking the chassis. It happens when u case the jump. That means u come short to landing the downside and land on the peak of the jump. It creates a lot of force to the chassis, which is why it is breaking.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #350
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
I am running mm4 on indoor clay. U need to add some weight to the rear to get it to work, but I got mine to work well.

As for ur ? Regarding how I am breaking the chassis. It happens when u case the jump. That means u come short to landing the downside and land on the peak of the jump. It creates a lot of force to the chassis, which is why it is breaking.
how much weight did you use? Would one of these be enough? rdr rear brass weight (50g) for mm config or will I need to add the brass rear suspension mount (18g) too? Thanks.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #351
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-nil View Post
how much weight did you use? Would one of these be enough? rdr rear brass weight (50g) for mm config or will I need to add the brass rear suspension mount (18g) too? Thanks.
sent PM
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #352
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i have a dest210 for sell, it has a half a lap on it...the arm pulled out of the rear toe block and the hobby store doesnt carry parts for durango..it was for my son and he got mad because i couldnt fix it to keep running so im going to sell it and get a T4.1..the truck is fixed but i put the rear brass toe block, it also comes with barcode tires, extra body, avid front springs...220.00 shipped in the lower 48 states..pm me for more info..
fastchvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #353
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Looking for 12mm hex

Hey I'm trying to find out if any one has switched over to 12mm hex at the LHS didn't know and they let me try a few but no luck all of them were too wide has any one found ones that will fit
Old 10-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #354
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace View Post
Hey I'm trying to find out if any one has switched over to 12mm hex at the LHS didn't know and they let me try a few but no luck all of them were too wide has any one found ones that will fit
I seriously doubt it will be doable. Much like the 4wd sc, the st and sc have longer arms than other trucks on the market. Even if you were able to fit a 12mm hex onto the truck, finding a wheel with the correct off set isn't likely. Not sure how your local rules are about running wider than the roar limit, but most frown on stuff like that.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #355
Tech Master

I figured out me setup issues. I was running rear-motor 3 gear in stock truck and couldn't get the rear end to rotate, too much rear traction. I put a mod motor in it for my son and man what a great setup! I have a lighter spring on the front and a heavier spring on the rear, I may go back stiffer on the front. But this thing steers and the rear end rotates, it cured the ills!

Now I'm thinking about getting another kit to run stock with a mid-motor 3 gear. I drove a buddy's mid-motor 4 gear and it has the potential to be dangerous!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #356
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default some help please

Hello all. I have a question for owners that race there stadium trucks. Im gonna pull the trigger on one of these in the upcoming weeks but I have just a couple questions as I do not have alot of knowledge on this truck.

My question is. Now that you have owned your trucks. If you were gonna buy one now. What parts would you buy for it along with the kit? As far as replacements or option parts . Mod parts? I ask this question to racers, as that is what this will be used for. Not concerned about tire selections or oils. But mainly parts that you have seen on the kit or any option parts that you would of done if you were buying another one. I would rather just do it all at once. Thanks again for the help. Lee
Leedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #357
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedog View Post
Hello all. I have a question for owners that race there stadium trucks. Im gonna pull the trigger on one of these in the upcoming weeks but I have just a couple questions as I do not have alot of knowledge on this truck.

My question is. Now that you have owned your trucks. If you were gonna buy one now. What parts would you buy for it along with the kit? As far as replacements or option parts . Mod parts? I ask this question to racers, as that is what this will be used for. Not concerned about tire selections or oils. But mainly parts that you have seen on the kit or any option parts that you would of done if you were buying another one. I would rather just do it all at once. Thanks again for the help. Lee
The only must haves are the RF and RR aluminum hinge pin mounts, and aluminum rear hexes if you plan to run mod. The RF is available from Tresrey as well as a few other places. The RR and wheel hexes are available from TD, though the hexes are out of stock at the moment.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #358
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any idea if any company makes and aftermarket body for the truck?

MIKES RC WORLD(r.i.p) | TACOMA RC RACEWAY | FOUR SEASONS RC RACEWAY(r.i.p) | ISLAND RACEWAY
Panic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #359
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the JConcepts T4.1 Finnisher on this truck?

This is my first truck. Is it normal to have such hard front springs? Also, the springs seem to be far to short for the shock bodies?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #360
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

any one try the gear diff in there truck?