Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEST210R thread >

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

funny to see, that every time when a person is beginning a thread about a durango car. the first page is all about the shortage of parts.

wondering how the body would look like..
Old 02-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Huleboer
I guess the old thread wasn't "official" enough...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...uim-truck.html

Nevermind.
Sorry. Didn't see it.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Has anyone that complained about TD parts being out of stock actually stopped and tried to look from a positive side of things?

Maybe, because they are getting ready for these new kits, they are also making adjustments to their parts production and quantity for other kits?

Also, did anyone on this forum that has a Durango now, think the car would be doing so well in the US before they purchased, and that they just can't keep up?

Furthermore, TD doesn't physically make the parts. They outsource companies in Asia to do that for them. If those companies are having issues, TD can't control that.

I highly doubt anyone on this forum knows what is really going on at TD with parts supply to the US. Only TD and HRP know that information.

For those of you complaining, if you don't like it, go by a 22 or B4.1. For those who love the 210 and other TD kits, and are diehard TD racers now, just stick it out. It is going to get better.
The positive side of things? Should I be happy that my shocks blow oil out the shock caps and I constantly have to top them off and bleed the air out because I can't find any shock cap o-rings? Or maybe I should just be happy with the unbalanced stock spring set and deal with the way it is because spring sets aren't available? No, what makes me the happiest is that I had to fashion a chunk of steel to mount my rear camber links because I can't buy a replacement tranny housing. And I know TD doesn't physically make the parts. But if they're having issues with the company they're outsourcing that too, FIND ANOTHER COMPANY TO MAKE THEM! Here's another thought, instead of putting out press releases to us about new and upcoming kits, put out a statement of why parts supply is low and/or on backorder. Give us some information as to when we can expect some stock. Maybe, call me crazy here, a simple apology and let us know they're working on it!

Originally Posted by ajj
+1 If you don't have anything useful to contribute f#*k off! I follow these threads for useful information. Not to read a heap of whingeing. If you don't like it, buy something else. No one is forcing you to buy TD.

I can't wait to get these kits and once they are all completed and released I'm sure we can look forward to increased parts supply. They are a new company and it will take time, but it'll be worth the wait
f#*k off? Really? That's mature.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Huleboer
I guess the old thread wasn't "official" enough...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...uim-truck.html

Nevermind.
Your mistake was not using the term "Official".
To bury this thread properly simply start a new thread using BOLD.

The Official DEST210R Thread
Old 02-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
The positive side of things? Should I be happy that my shocks blow oil out the shock caps and I constantly have to top them off and bleed the air out because I can't find any shock cap o-rings? Or maybe I should just be happy with the unbalanced stock spring set and deal with the way it is because spring sets aren't available? No, what makes me the happiest is that I had to fashion a chunk of steel to mount my rear camber links because I can't buy a replacement tranny housing. And I know TD doesn't physically make the parts. But if they're having issues with the company they're outsourcing that too, FIND ANOTHER COMPANY TO MAKE THEM! Here's another thought, instead of putting out press releases to us about new and upcoming kits, put out a statement of why parts supply is low and/or on backorder. Give us some information as to when we can expect some stock. Maybe, call me crazy here, a simple apology and let us know they're working on it!
I'm assuming you're blowing oil out of the bottom of the caps and not the bleeder screw holes?

I found some Losi shock cap o-rings that fit and have been working just fine for me. I'll say that they are too thin, but there are ways to fix issues without using TD parts. You can also cut the Losi 22 bladders and use them as cap o-rings as well.

The transmission camber mounts everyone is having issues with, and I'm sure isn't pleased about it either. Again, there are ways around these issues. Tresrey has a carbon link coming, Marcus @ RCShox has one, and there is a guy from the Oople forum that makes a carbon one as well.

Again, you don't have to use TD parts. Especially the springs, as the Losi BB springs work just fine. There is a guy at my local track that is still on the stock kit springs running mod and he's one of the fastest drivers.

I understand your frustration, but you're not the only one with the same issues. Your same opinions have been voiced many times over by other users on this forum and it does get old.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am very excited about this news. I am not a big SCT fan, although I did break down and get one as you can see from my signature. At our track the ST class is strong and now only getting stronger with the 22T. Add a few more brands in the mix and it will be the biggest class again like it was a pre-SCT. I don't think it will hurt the SCT class and most of those drivers are looking for RTR rather than full-on racing vehicle. I can tell by their reactions when I tell them how much my new buggy (DEX 210) cost as a roller, not even counting the new electronics. They are looking for something low budget rather than spare no expense; the real difference between a basher and a racer even though they are both at the track.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

I wonder if they'll go the alloy or moulded chassis. I also wonder why they went with the 'R' at the end of the name with the ST and SCT, will it be a lower spec than the DEX210 with the option to upgrade it later...
Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Since they announced them together, I would bet both trucks will get the molded chassis.

However, with the 210 "long" chassis in development, or whatever, that could be used as a base for the 210T, so who knows.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

out of curiosity i went over to the dex210 thread and looked at the first post and see when things started being announced. jan 2010 it was released when? sept 2011? i hope that doesnt happen with this st and sc.
i would like to try a durango and im very spontaneous. when i wanted to get a buggy i checked some places and well, didnt end up with a durango due to lack of stock. when i had the itch for a 4x4 buggy. well im glad the lack of stock cured that itch
hopefully they will do better and allocate more initial stock to the states
Old 02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by apriliamille
out of curiosity i went over to the dex210 thread and looked at the first post and see when things started being announced. jan 2010 it was released when? sept 2011? i hope that doesnt happen with this st and sc.
i would like to try a durango and im very spontaneous. when i wanted to get a buggy i checked some places and well, didnt end up with a durango due to lack of stock. when i had the itch for a 4x4 buggy. well im glad the lack of stock cured that itch
That was because they were still working the prototypes and testing design ideas.

I would hope by summer they would release these two kits.

You gotta remember Team Durango is a very small company

EDIT: Now that they have the DEX210 chassis design and gearbox the turn around shouldn't be too long the ST and 2wd SC
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Edit: Wrong thread.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by apriliamille
Hi, the DEX210 production car was announced in late July 2011 and was released a little over 2 months later.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sorry, i should have said prototype in the sentance
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Hi, the DEX210 production car was announced in late July 2011 and was released a little over 2 months later.

Thanks for setting the record straight. Now, how about an update on parts availability and the other concerns mentioned on these TD forums?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Heavy B
Thanks for setting the record straight. Now, how about an update on parts availability and the other concerns mentioned on these TD forums?
That is more than likely due to Team Durango switching hands from HRP to Hobbico. If you noticed HRP cut the prices of the DNX408, and stock has been low.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.