R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #196
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
Anybody?
http://shop.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXKTJ5

This is the brand I use, not sure if this set has the correct size I have the whole set, and it is the best nut driver I have used. Walls are very thin, so I have never had a problem fitting in tight places. Worked on the stock wheels no problem.
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #197
Moderator
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
http://shop.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXKTJ5

This is the brand I use, not sure if this set has the correct size I have the whole set, and it is the best nut driver I have used. Walls are very thin, so I have never had a problem fitting in tight places. Worked on the stock wheels no problem.
Thanks, I'm gonna go through my garage tools and see if I have one that may work for now. Also are the stock springs fine for a medium size indoor hardpacked clay track? Or should I go with something else, I've been thinking about trying out the LT Blue's and DK Red for both front/rear.........Or if anyone has done a setup sheet yet and can post it up that would help as well. Thanks
__________________
B4.2 Tekin RS Gen2/Gen2 8.5
Tekno SCT410 HW SCT/HW 4700KV
TEKIN/AVID/T-BONE/
ilanstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #198
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Randy,
I thought the hubs that came with the truck (that have a fixed trailing axle) were different then the buggy hubs, r u sure u can use either without a problem?
My truck came this way, with 210 front hubs. You can't adjust to inline hubs mind you, they must be set to 4 degree trailing.

I have one of the first trucks in the states so I believe mine has some parts borrowed as needed in time for a race I attended.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #199
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
Or if anyone has done a setup sheet yet and can post it up that would help as well. Thanks
http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/setu...15_06_2012.pdf
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #200
Moderator
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Thanks Randy............
__________________
B4.2 Tekin RS Gen2/Gen2 8.5
Tekno SCT410 HW SCT/HW 4700KV
TEKIN/AVID/T-BONE/
ilanstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #201
sac
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 333
Default

I have a Trinity d3.5 10.5 motor going into my dest210r and need help on what to gear it at,anyone have a good starting point?

sac
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #202
Moderator
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone heard back from Durango? I still haven't heard anything about the missing hubs email I sent and I checked the shock bag before I left work today and the screws that were included were to big to bolt the piston down as well as for the bleeder cap.........
__________________
B4.2 Tekin RS Gen2/Gen2 8.5
Tekno SCT410 HW SCT/HW 4700KV
TEKIN/AVID/T-BONE/
ilanstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #203
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
Has anyone heard back from Durango? I still haven't heard anything about the missing hubs email I sent and I checked the shock bag before I left work today and the screws that were included were to big to bolt the piston down as well as for the bleeder cap.........
They sent me back an email telling me they mailed me the screws. Took a couple days to get back to me though.
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #204
Tech Addict
 
Mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santee, Ca
Posts: 666
Default

Well, mine's done except for paint. THe only parts missing from mine were the 2mm x 5 screws for the pistons and bleeders in the caps.
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #205
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Default

I finished mine yesterday, now I'm just waiting for the weather to improve to work on set up. I was missing the M2x5mm screws too. Picked some up at a local hardware store to use until the right ones come.
cummins6_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #206
Moderator
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default Major Issue

Sup guys I need help and fast, I basically got the rango done. Wired up everything turn on the remote press the throttle and nothing. The motor turns etc but the wheels don't move. So I took the diff apart and I noticed that when I hold both end of the outdrives I can turn the diff gear with ease. I tried tightening down the screw as much as I could without overdoing it but still the same. So I took the diff apart and noticed that I couldn't get the thrust bearing out of the outdrive. After searching on the net it appears there are two different sizes of the thrust bearing washers, the instructions never stated this so I just put it on without checking. So I have no idea if I put them on correctly and now I can't even get the damn thrust bearing and washers out........ Anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong if I did install the washers correctly?

Oh and this isn't my first time building a ball diff, I've built many AE ones and the main diff. between the two are the thrust bearings............

Thanks
__________________
B4.2 Tekin RS Gen2/Gen2 8.5
Tekno SCT410 HW SCT/HW 4700KV
TEKIN/AVID/T-BONE/
ilanstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #207
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
Sup guys I need help and fast, I basically got the rango done. Wired up everything turn on the remote press the throttle and nothing. The motor turns etc but the wheels don't move. So I took the diff apart and I noticed that when I hold both end of the outdrives I can turn the diff gear with ease. I tried tightening down the screw as much as I could without overdoing it but still the same. So I took the diff apart and noticed that I couldn't get the thrust bearing out of the outdrive. After searching on the net it appears there are two different sizes of the thrust bearing washers, the instructions never stated this so I just put it on without checking. So I have no idea if I put them on correctly and now I can't even get the damn thrust bearing and washers out........ Anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong if I did install the washers correctly?

Oh and this isn't my first time building a ball diff, I've built many AE ones and the main diff. between the two are the thrust bearings............

Thanks
Ur problem is ur thrust bearing most likely. The snap ring came loose and that is the result. Make sure u took out the snap ring and then the thrust bearing should come out. Once u get it apart, go online to team Durango site to the in the pits section and under tips and tricks there is a video of how to build it for a dex210. It is the same, so watch it and u will understand.
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #208
Moderator
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Ur problem is ur thrust bearing most likely. The snap ring came loose and that is the result. Make sure u took out the snap ring and then the thrust bearing should come out. Once u get it apart, go online to team Durango site to the in the pits section and under tips and tricks there is a video of how to build it for a dex210. It is the same, so watch it and u will understand.
Ok I took the diff apart, put the correct washers in the right place and put the snap ring (c-clip) in correctly and even tried to space it out with a flathead like shown in the video.....But I am pretty sure the damn snap ring keeps coming loose causing the issue.......... The only thing I noticed different is in the video the snap ring is more of a silver/chrome color but the ones that came with my clip are black so I'm not sure if they are the same or different????????
__________________
B4.2 Tekin RS Gen2/Gen2 8.5
Tekno SCT410 HW SCT/HW 4700KV
TEKIN/AVID/T-BONE/
ilanstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #209
Tech Master
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Can someone post the part #s for the front hex axle and steering block.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors for 2015!
XFactory RC | Proline Racing | Fantom Racing | Avid RC | Speed Passion USA | Factory1 | Hy-Traction Juice | Mike's Hobby Shop
Autocratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #210
Moderator
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Well after alot of tweaking and redoing this and that I was finally able to finish my rango:











__________________
B4.2 Tekin RS Gen2/Gen2 8.5
Tekno SCT410 HW SCT/HW 4700KV
TEKIN/AVID/T-BONE/
ilanstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Durango DESC410R Thread KostaG Electric Off-Road 12303 10-17-2017 09:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net