Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Anybody?
http://shop.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXKTJ5

This is the brand I use, not sure if this set has the correct size I have the whole set, and it is the best nut driver I have used. Walls are very thin, so I have never had a problem fitting in tight places. Worked on the stock wheels no problem.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
http://shop.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXKTJ5

This is the brand I use, not sure if this set has the correct size I have the whole set, and it is the best nut driver I have used. Walls are very thin, so I have never had a problem fitting in tight places. Worked on the stock wheels no problem.
Thanks, I'm gonna go through my garage tools and see if I have one that may work for now. Also are the stock springs fine for a medium size indoor hardpacked clay track? Or should I go with something else, I've been thinking about trying out the LT Blue's and DK Red for both front/rear.........Or if anyone has done a setup sheet yet and can post it up that would help as well. Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Randy,
I thought the hubs that came with the truck (that have a fixed trailing axle) were different then the buggy hubs, r u sure u can use either without a problem?
My truck came this way, with 210 front hubs. You can't adjust to inline hubs mind you, they must be set to 4 degree trailing.

I have one of the first trucks in the states so I believe mine has some parts borrowed as needed in time for a race I attended.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Or if anyone has done a setup sheet yet and can post it up that would help as well. Thanks
http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/setu...15_06_2012.pdf
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Randy............
Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM
sac
Tech Regular

I have a Trinity d3.5 10.5 motor going into my dest210r and need help on what to gear it at,anyone have a good starting point?

sac
Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Has anyone heard back from Durango? I still haven't heard anything about the missing hubs email I sent and I checked the shock bag before I left work today and the screws that were included were to big to bolt the piston down as well as for the bleeder cap.........
Old 08-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Has anyone heard back from Durango? I still haven't heard anything about the missing hubs email I sent and I checked the shock bag before I left work today and the screws that were included were to big to bolt the piston down as well as for the bleeder cap.........
They sent me back an email telling me they mailed me the screws. Took a couple days to get back to me though.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Well, mine's done except for paint. THe only parts missing from mine were the 2mm x 5 screws for the pistons and bleeders in the caps.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Rookie

I finished mine yesterday, now I'm just waiting for the weather to improve to work on set up. I was missing the M2x5mm screws too. Picked some up at a local hardware store to use until the right ones come.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Major Issue

Sup guys I need help and fast, I basically got the rango done. Wired up everything turn on the remote press the throttle and nothing. The motor turns etc but the wheels don't move. So I took the diff apart and I noticed that when I hold both end of the outdrives I can turn the diff gear with ease. I tried tightening down the screw as much as I could without overdoing it but still the same. So I took the diff apart and noticed that I couldn't get the thrust bearing out of the outdrive. After searching on the net it appears there are two different sizes of the thrust bearing washers, the instructions never stated this so I just put it on without checking. So I have no idea if I put them on correctly and now I can't even get the damn thrust bearing and washers out........ Anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong if I did install the washers correctly?

Oh and this isn't my first time building a ball diff, I've built many AE ones and the main diff. between the two are the thrust bearings............

Thanks
Old 08-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Sup guys I need help and fast, I basically got the rango done. Wired up everything turn on the remote press the throttle and nothing. The motor turns etc but the wheels don't move. So I took the diff apart and I noticed that when I hold both end of the outdrives I can turn the diff gear with ease. I tried tightening down the screw as much as I could without overdoing it but still the same. So I took the diff apart and noticed that I couldn't get the thrust bearing out of the outdrive. After searching on the net it appears there are two different sizes of the thrust bearing washers, the instructions never stated this so I just put it on without checking. So I have no idea if I put them on correctly and now I can't even get the damn thrust bearing and washers out........ Anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong if I did install the washers correctly?

Oh and this isn't my first time building a ball diff, I've built many AE ones and the main diff. between the two are the thrust bearings............

Thanks
Ur problem is ur thrust bearing most likely. The snap ring came loose and that is the result. Make sure u took out the snap ring and then the thrust bearing should come out. Once u get it apart, go online to team Durango site to the in the pits section and under tips and tricks there is a video of how to build it for a dex210. It is the same, so watch it and u will understand.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Ur problem is ur thrust bearing most likely. The snap ring came loose and that is the result. Make sure u took out the snap ring and then the thrust bearing should come out. Once u get it apart, go online to team Durango site to the in the pits section and under tips and tricks there is a video of how to build it for a dex210. It is the same, so watch it and u will understand.
Ok I took the diff apart, put the correct washers in the right place and put the snap ring (c-clip) in correctly and even tried to space it out with a flathead like shown in the video.....But I am pretty sure the damn snap ring keeps coming loose causing the issue.......... The only thing I noticed different is in the video the snap ring is more of a silver/chrome color but the ones that came with my clip are black so I'm not sure if they are the same or different????????
Old 08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Can someone post the part #s for the front hex axle and steering block.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Well after alot of tweaking and redoing this and that I was finally able to finish my rango:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.