Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default finished

Finally got it done. Seems like the front wheels are bound up. Only spins a couple of rotations before they stop. Can't seem to see the problem, has anyone else had this issue? I backed the wheel nut off, so it is not overtightened.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEST210R thread-top.jpg   Team Durango DEST210R thread-inside.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

@ilanstylz Those hubs allow for the trailing or inline axle adjustments. Use the 0-4 insert that should be in the kit and place the 4 facing towards the rear for a full trailing setup. If you need to look at the 210 manual.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
Finally got it done. Seems like the front wheels are bound up. Only spins a couple of rotations before they stop. Can't seem to see the problem, has anyone else had this issue? I backed the wheel nut off, so it is not overtightened.
Make sure the front bearings are seated fully. Also make sure you put the spacer setup on the front axle correctly.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Make sure the front bearings are seated fully. Also make sure you put the spacer setup on the front axle correctly.

THANKS
Old 08-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

@ilanstylz Those hubs allow for the trailing or inline axle adjustments. Use the 0-4 insert that should be in the kit and place the 4 facing towards the rear for a full trailing setup. If you need to look at the 210 manual.
I did not get the other hubs, I tripled checked everything.....I have already emailed TD but still haven't heard back from them......
Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
I did not get the other hubs, I tripled checked everything.....I have already emailed TD but still haven't heard back from them......
Did you get the inserts for the front hubs?

These parts allow for the front axle to mount and set the trailing angle.

you should have them as they're required for the rear hubs also.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Did you get the inserts for the front hubs?

These parts allow for the front axle to mount and set the trailing angle.

you should have them as they're required for the rear hubs also.
Yes I did get those parts......
Old 08-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Team Tekin

So take the 0-4 insert and place it so the axle goes all the way to the back(facing rear of the car). Then assemble the rest. Should be fine.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

So take the 0-4 insert and place it so the axle goes all the way to the back(facing rear of the car). Then assemble the rest. Should be fine.
Its cool I ordered a bunch of spares which included the correct front hubs needed. I'm actually almost done with the build, just gotta work on the turnbuckles and shocks and I'll be good to go........
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice on the 2nd kit, do you plan on running a mid motor on one and rear on the other?
That is the plan.

Had a quick look at the parts and the new spindles are with the rest of the parts trees. Floating around in the big bag.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Here's another newbie to the rango's but what nut drivers are you guys using to tighten down the wheel nuts for the tires? My dynamite and house nut drivers are to thick to fit inside the wheel in order to tighten the nut down..................

Last edited by ilanstylz; 08-10-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
I had the same problem. When I tighten the wheel nut just above tight enough. The front wheels will only rotate a few turns. At the end I sanded down the plastic collar abit. Now I can crank the wheel nut down tight and the wheel still spins freely.

I believe the wheel pin flexes back against the plastic hub and the hex pushes back on to the collar then against the bearing causing a binding. There is a step inside hex stopping from it to push back on to the collar but since its plastic it does moves abit. Best solution is get the metal hex.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by maxxi
I had the same problem. When I tighten the wheel nut just above tight enough. The front wheels will only rotate a few turns. At the end I sanded down the plastic collar abit. Now I can crank the wheel nut down tight and the wheel still spins freely.

I believe the wheel pin flexes back against the plastic hub and the hex pushes back on to the collar then against the bearing causing a binding. There is a step inside hex stopping from it to push back on to the collar but since its plastic it does moves abit. Best solution is get the metal hex.
Thx,
I think u r right on the money with that. My pins were really tight to get in.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Randy,
I thought the hubs that came with the truck (that have a fixed trailing axle) were different then the buggy hubs, r u sure u can use either without a problem?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Here's another newbie to the rango's but what nut drivers are you guys using to tighten down the wheel nuts for the tires? My dynamite and house nut drivers are to thick to fit inside the wheel in order to tighten the nut down..................
Anybody?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.