Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Looks good, which transmission setup did you go with? I may even try out mid-motor on my initial build just to see if there's any difference.........
looks like he went traditional RM3 configuration

Really want this truck so bad, plus it got the Easy Pay option on Tower
Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman182006
looks like he went traditional RM3 configuration

Really want this truck so bad, plus it got the Easy Pay option on Tower
How do you think I got mine, plus the discount it can't be beaten lol
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks good, which transmission setup did you go with? I may even try out mid-motor on my initial build just to see if there's any difference.........
I did went with the traditional RM3, just to play it safe. Since I had been off RC Cars for a few years now.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default One observation

There is one change that Durango did.

On my truck I received an extra bag with the revised rear hinge block and comes with new instruction page 11. The revised (rear rear one) hinge pin block doesn't use the ball inserts anymore, just a tight fit straight fit for the hinge pin. They kept the same part number for both blocks.

My friend didn't receive this revision pack with his truck. He ask his LHS for the new block but got refuse.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maxxi
There is one change that Durango did.

On my truck I received an extra bag with the revised rear hinge block and comes with new instruction page 11. The revised (rear rear one) hinge pin block doesn't use the ball inserts anymore, just a tight fit straight fit for the hinge pin. They kept the same part number for both blocks.

My friend didn't receive this revision pack with his truck. He ask his LHS for the new block but got refuse.
Thanks I'll be on the lookout for that, if I don't get it I'll just contact Team Durango and I'm sure they'll send me the part out, so your friend should contact them as well if he didn't already.......
Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice, let me know how the build went......
Like others have mentioned, the missing M2x5 screws for the shock pistons and caps slowed down the build, but Align has a 20 pack of M2x6 screws for $2. A turnbuckle that had no LH threads did make me laugh, but having some Lunsford bits in the spares box restored the calm.

There is some slop in rear hub spacing when using the plastic kit shims. An additional 0.5mm shim will fix this. The rear arms have some slop as well. Again, another 0.5mm or so of additional shims.

My rear arms were binding on the tranny case when everything is together. A couple of minutes with the sanding drum took care of this.

The axles seem a bit short, as the drive pin is at the edge of the outdrive.

The droop screws front and rear are nice, as well as the Al steering rack.

The build is not too bad, as everything goes together fairly well. A little frustrating to be missing parts, but not as bad as a new dryer that doesn't work right out of the box.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEST210R thread-dest210r_2.jpg   Team Durango DEST210R thread-dest210r_3.jpg  
Old 08-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks I'll be on the lookout for that, if I don't get it I'll just contact Team Durango and I'm sure they'll send me the part out, so your friend should contact them as well if he didn't already.......
Thanks for the idea. I will tell him to contact Durango directly instead LHS.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 08-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RPage
Like others have mentioned, the missing M2x5 screws for the shock pistons and caps slowed down the build, but Align has a 20 pack of M2x6 screws for $2.

There is some slop in rear hub spacing when using the plastic kit shims. An additional 0.5mm shim will fix this. The rear arms have some slop as well. Again, another 0.5mm or so of additional shims.

My rear arms were binding on the tranny case when everything is together. A couple of minutes with the sanding drum took care of this.

The axles seem a bit short, as the drive pin is at the edge of the outdrive.

The build is not too bad, as everything goes together fairly well. A little frustrating to be missing parts.

Same problems as above, so obviously TD is having some QC problems. Pretty disappointed in missing screws, really messes the build up

The other thing I am not happy about is that as far as I can tell, TD only has white rims available and I run yellow. Has anyone figured out if anyone else's rims can be modded to fit? I am hoping not to be at the mercy of TD for these rims, can't imagine how it is going to be if they go out of stock on these rims!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Guys if you're missing any parts please contact [email protected] with your kit's ID # and what you're missing.

All kits are weighed before being considered good to go. A small 2x5 screw weighs next to nothing but that's no excuse, just a heads up to help.

I too run yellow wheels and have been told they're on their way.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hey Guys if you're missing any parts please contact [email protected] with your kit's ID # and what you're missing.

All kits are weighed before being considered good to go. A small 2x5 screw weighs next to nothing but that's no excuse, just a heads up to help.

Thanks for the heads up Randy!

I sent them an email this AM, hopefully they will expedite out my missing screws.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Randy,

They didn't forget the 5 x 2mm screws, they gave the wrong screw, 5 x 3mm instead. This is true for 3 kits.

Randy,

Will Durango replace the R. rear hinge pin brace with the new revised version that comes in a supplement bag?

Can I ask Durango directly for the replacement? My LHS refused me. Out of the three kits I bought, one kit came with the new RR brace.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm not sure about that part or parts bag. I didn't get an actual kit to build on mine.

You can email them though and I'm sure they'll sort that out and answer that ? for you.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by maxxi
Randy,

They didn't forget the 5 x 2mm screws, they gave the wrong screw, 5 x 3mm instead. This is true for 3 kits.
+1
4 kits
Old 08-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Well got mine in today, I'll let you guys know if I'm missing anything as well and I'll contact TD asap too...........Gonna be running barcodes and suburbs for the clay track I run on, anyone got some good setup tips so far? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.