Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Castle Creations Losi 8ight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Castle Creations Losi 8ight conversion

I just purchase a Castle Creations Mamba 2650 brushless, programming card and a the Castle Creations Conversion for the Losi 8ight. I don't understand why the battery mounts that fit on either side are not big enough to handle any battery larger than a 2500 mAH. The motor mount is great but you have to stack the ESC on top of it. After spending $50 on it and getting it all together I got so aggravated that I decided to switch to the Losi 8ight converson. Much nicher fit and the battery tray will handle one 4S 6000mAH battery or two 6800 2S 7.4 volt batteries wired in series. It's too bad because I thought the best way to go would be to run all the same brand.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Weird i run a 2 cell 6000mah in each side for 4 cell total.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridurall
I just purchase a Castle Creations Mamba 2650 brushless, programming card and a the Castle Creations Conversion for the Losi 8ight. I don't understand why the battery mounts that fit on either side are not big enough to handle any battery larger than a 2500 mAH. The motor mount is great but you have to stack the ESC on top of it. After spending $50 on it and getting it all together I got so aggravated that I decided to switch to the Losi 8ight converson. Much nicher fit and the battery tray will handle one 4S 6000mAH battery or two 6800 2S 7.4 volt batteries wired in series. It's too bad because I thought the best way to go would be to run all the same brand.
2650 is a LOT of motor, keep that geared LOW... it's really a great motor for 3s operation.. gets a little too fast on 4s lipo. There is a reason they are all but giving away those castle conversions, they are not high quality even the motor mount has issues bending over time. Good move getting the losi, you are sticking w/ the same brand, losi 8ight w/ a losi conversion.. the only other really good conversion imo is the Tekno, but since you have the losi stay with it.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I've got a bunch of hours on it now with both my 10 year old and my 56 year old self running it. The only problem I've had is breaking a couple of tires lose from the wheel. A little super glue fixed that. The 4 wheel drive sure helps keep it under control. I'm glad I went with the LOSI Converstion it handles the 4s 6500mAh LiPo battery great and gives me a long run time.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

I've got a bunch of hours on the LOSI 8ight with the 2650 Castle Creations and 4S LIPO Conversion and have had zero problems nad have not had to replace anything. I do have a new body that I'm going to need to paint for it. It is one fast machine.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Rookie

do you want to sell your castle kit
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't think I could find all the parts for the Castle Creations kit. Do you need the whole kit?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1340eddy
do you want to sell your castle kit
i have one brand new for sale 35.oo shipped