does this exist? is it possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

does this exist? is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default does this exist? is it possible?

Im selling my electric cars(see for sale forum) so I can buy a 1/8th nitro. the track that races electric closed, but I found a nitro track.

anyway, Im goin with the mugen MBX-4XR and OS .21 RZ-V01B. however as my first nitro Car I dont have a starter box. is there any way to use a airplane starter? I have a big starter for my airplanes that starts up to .90 engines, someone told me dynomite sells a conversion that will let me use it. but I cant find it...

Ill pick up a starter box at some point, but Im lookin at 900$ for just engine, car, and a servo. so if I can get by with a airplane starter I will for now.

thanks for the help.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:13 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The part number for the hand-heldbump starter wheel is DYN5602

You need to trim a little tab off the wheel before you use it. You can see the tab in the picture below.

I personally like starter boxes much better, because they are much easier to use than a hand held starter.

Old 06-23-2002, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

I have no doubt on that, I would imagine its a bit of a bitch to start a engine with this sort of leverage, the starter would want to sling off the flywheel rather than turn it. but for not with a total of 900$ for car, engine, tuned pipe, and header. I need to save a little cash.

thanks for the info!
Old 06-23-2002, 01:57 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's not bad, I have started a car with the bump starter once, but i much, much prefer the starter box.

The thing with airplane starters, is you have to let it wind up, hold the truck/car/buggy sideways, and hit the button... let the starter wind up, then wack the flywheel.

-Troy
Old 07-17-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

i have one of those wheels if u want to buy it
Old 07-20-2002, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

ares, I used one for over a year. What I did was built a box out of plywood and fitted the wheel to the box. It worked good enough to use for over a year. I also took the switch off and made an on/off switch to turn it on and off. Worked good.