Wiki Posts
Search

HobbyKing???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HobbyKing???

Has anyone ever bought anything from them and what kind of quality do they have because I love their prices but I am afraid it is one of those situations were you get what you pay for.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmanracing
Has anyone ever bought anything from them and what kind of quality do they have because I love their prices but I am afraid it is one of those situations were you get what you pay for.
Battery's and chargers are honestly really really nice... But when it comes to helicopters and motors/esc's stay away bad bad bad quality.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Their is nothing wrong with their speed controllers or motors..
Old 02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If you order from them make sure it's from the US whse. I ordered some from the overseas on the 24th. of last month and still haven't recieved them. No idea when there going to show up either cause there tracking sucks.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbyten
If you order from them make sure it's from the US whse. I ordered some from the overseas on the 24th. of last month and still haven't recieved them. No idea when there going to show up either cause there tracking sucks.
^^^ x 100

US Warehouse ONLY... What makes it worse is their US warehouse is almost completely out of everything. Inventory won't get caught up for a while. Always happens after Chinese New Year.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbyten
its not the tracking its the shipper they use most times its Swiss post and they don't show tracking well at all.

And figure its about a month if you order something from there if you need it quicker see if they have it in the US warehouse
Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I have ordered many times from them . Recently the US changed laws and why shipping takes a lot longer . I used to get stuff within 10 business day with regular shipping and 5 with express .
Old 02-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dale_gribble
^^^ x 100

US Warehouse ONLY...

Absolutely this^^^^
Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys! I was thinking of getting back into racing and was leaning towards electric 8th scale buggy. What motor, ESC, and battery do you guys recommend from HobbyKing.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default hobby

i would look into hobbypatz.com they are u.s based, sell cheap batteries, and sell xerun speed controls... the price is cheap , but quality is not. hobbywing makes orion speedcontrols .. for example orions new speedos are pretty much xeruns
Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nazman01
i would look into hobbypatz.com they are u.s based, sell cheap batteries, and sell xerun speed controls... the price is cheap , but quality is not. hobbywing makes orion speedcontrols .. for example orions new speedos are pretty much xeruns
^this

I have 4 batteries on backorder from Hobbyking since Jan 3rd. I know they will eventually show up as I've ordered from them 7 times before but they do take long, their tracking does suck! Once i ordered batteries, it showed as backordered. Went to the post office to pick up a package from someone else and they said I had 2 packages, turned out one was from HK and had been sitting there for like a week. Got home, looked online and it still said my order was backordered with a status of Received. Anyway, I'm using the Hobbywing 120 amp ESC in my Losi SCTE coupled with the Tekin Pro4 motor and it's awesome. I would have no hesitation ordering their 150amp for 1/8th scale use. I got mine from Hobbypartz and I have gotten my Gens Ace batteries from them as well. Great company to deal with. Currently they've been out of a lot of stuff also, guessing also because of the Chinese New year.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Use the ems shipping for over seas orders. I don't think you can send batteries that way but motors,esc and whatever else. I can order it on a Sunday and have it by Friday. I like all there stuff, haven't had any problems.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moondoggie
Use the ems shipping for over seas orders. I don't think you can send batteries that way but motors,esc and whatever else. I can order it on a Sunday and have it by Friday. I like all there stuff, haven't had any problems.
You used to be able to ship batteries EMS , the States changed the laws and now only way can ship them EMS is to buy 13 or more .
Old 02-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

check reviews, they are usually pretty acurate. betteries are good, some esc's have issues. servos are pretty good for me so far, motors are pretty good also. they have a 12 month warranty on everything, you get in store credit but you have to ship to hk. for the price, its hard to beat. without hk i might not be in rc anymore cause of cost.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nazman01
They have 65c and hobbypartz doesn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.