Wiki Posts
Search

new. assembled associated 8be. need input

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Red face new. assembled associated 8be. need input

hello guys,
as the title says i need some input. i have searched the forums and cant find what im looking to know. i cant decide on a motor. im really debating on the mamba monster 2200kv, and the 2560kv. im looking to fly. my friend built one, and his is smoking my slash 4x4, now i want to smoke his.
thanks for any advice and input.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by just 4 fun
hello guys,
as the title says i need some input. i have searched the forums and cant find what im looking to know. i cant decide on a motor. im really debating on the mamba monster 2200kv, and the 2560kv. im looking to fly. my friend built one, and his is smoking my slash 4x4, now i want to smoke his.
thanks for any advice and input.
Is this for racing or bashing?? If racing, I wouldn't go with either of them for a buggy. If bashing, I would go with the 2200kv. It's a little more efficient than the 2650 and will get you more run time. Both motors are blazing fast.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Rookie

currently im bashing, i want to race when i feel i have enough control i wont look like a dork on the track.. what would you recomend for racing, and why?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by just 4 fun
currently im bashing, i want to race when i feel i have enough control i wont look like a dork on the track.. what would you recomend for racing, and why?
Lower KV rated motors are easier to control. Ran the 2200, lap times sucked. Ran a Tekin 1700 for a while and it lacked the "punch" I was looking for (on four cells...racing, remember) and have settled on the tekin 1900kv. Controllable, punchy, and plenty of speed at controllable temps. consistenty better lap times.