What servo and starter is the best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What servo and starter is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default What servo and starter is the best?

When I was at my race on Sunday I noticed something. Bull starts are hard to get going and it would be much better with a starter box. So, I now want to get one and I have a few quetions. First of all I want to know what box is a really good one for a low price. about $100. I saw the ofna one in RCCA and It came with a 12v batt. and a glow starter attatchment that uses the battery for power instead of being charged. All for only $100! If that is a good starter box I would like to know?

One thing am am wondering about is if using a starter box with a pull start engine. I heard it was ok from some people and bad from others. I used it on another guys box and nothing happened. But what is the real truth?

Also on Sunday I got fed up with my piece-of-crap servo and now I want to get a new one. I am willing to pay up to $70 bucks. The guys at the track showed me some good one and he recommended a hitec servo with metal gears, Ball Bearinfs, all the good stuff. Well that was only $55 bucks and he used it in all of his cars and never has broke one of them. So my question is what servo do you guys recomend and is that hitec one a good deal. I don't remember the model number though.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2001, 07:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Try KO Digital Servo (2143=Hi-Speed for Onroad) or (2144=Hi-Torque for Offroad). Those are the best from my experience....
Old 09-27-2001, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

thanks

can anyone else help me?
Old 09-27-2001, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

B3Boy..im pretty sure it will work, but the ofna $50 starter box, the new black universal one, and a battery and charger from www.brucknerhobbies for $75...I used that for my NRS4
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Rookie

hi
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wrong section. Move to nitro offroad/onroad.