Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HELP! I think i fried my brand new Tekin RX8 Combo!! >

HELP! I think i fried my brand new Tekin RX8 Combo!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP! I think i fried my brand new Tekin RX8 Combo!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I hope they look after you jonee
Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last edited by jonee589; 02-13-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yep, that shop WIRED IT WRONG!
Because they used all black wires for the motor (instead of different colors), they mixed up the BATTERY (-) and one of the motor wires.

They should replace it, since they are AT FAULT! Even if it was by their mistake, they are liable for damage. Take them to COURT if you have to. You will win. Just don't touch it from this point on, until the matter is settled.

Here is a picture of one of my solder work....on a Tekin RS, the order is MotorA, MotorB, MotorC, Bat(-), Bat(+)

Which is Different from RX8 Motor, Bat, Motor, Bat, Motor.

Print out copies of everyone's responses on this forum, to back up your case, and take them to court if they don't pay for a replacement.

Also, with that sloppy work, that Shop shouldn't do the work....they either need to hire or train someone to do the work correctly, or not offer the service. I'm not a doctor, but, would you like me to do your surgery?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Tech Adept

forgot to put the picture.....
Attached Thumbnails HELP! I think i fried my brand new Tekin RX8 Combo!!-tekin-rs-tc6.1.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

To everyone who replied to this thread, thank you for your opinions and advice. The Hobby Man is more than happy to replace my ESC and check my battery to make sure it wasn't damaged as a result from their incorrect wiring. Also the $80 I paid for was to have the pinion gear fixed up and everything checked and a bunch of other things so it was not a rip off.

I take back all my comments and hope that they forgive me for being immature. I feel like a complete fool now but hormones are churning and I guess I had to take out my anger somehow haha. Well everything is sorted now and my new RX8 should be in, in around 2 weeks. People make mistakes I guess so I shouldn't have said anything. But I am sure it's natural to get angry in these kinds of situations. Oh Well. I'm stupid and I hope I learn one day that getting angry and writing stupid comments where everyone can see is a bad move.

There is nothing wrong with the Hobby Man they have a good service, just make sure your wires arn't crossed
Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Well the shops response when you called wasn't the best they could have been neutral by saying bring it back and we will work it out service is important
Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Excellent!
I wouldn't worry about venting your anger, that would be a normal thing for most people in your situation.
But, here is an opportunity for the shop to make good, on its' mistake.
If they follow through, it shows GOOD CUSTOMER support, and will earn repeat business.
Keep everyone updated.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

As a fellow Hobbyman customer would expect nothing less than what they are offering you.

I'm glad it's all sorted and it just goes to show that yes, people DO make mistakes... Even ones like this.

At least they have understood that it is their mistake.

Glad it's all sorted buddy!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thats great news jonee

Im glad its been sorted out & you still have faith in the LHS

BONZA MATE
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonee589
To everyone who replied to this thread, thank you for your opinions and advice. The Hobby Man is more than happy to replace my ESC and check my battery to make sure it wasn't damaged as a result from their incorrect wiring. Also the $80 I paid for was to have the pinion gear fixed up and everything checked and a bunch of other things so it was not a rip off.

I take back all my comments and hope that they forgive me for being immature. I feel like a complete fool now but hormones are churning and I guess I had to take out my anger somehow haha. Well everything is sorted now and my new RX8 should be in, in around 2 weeks. People make mistakes I guess so I shouldn't have said anything. But I am sure it's natural to get angry in these kinds of situations. Oh Well. I'm stupid and I hope I learn one day that getting angry and writing stupid comments where everyone can see is a bad move.

There is nothing wrong with the Hobby Man they have a good service, just make sure your wires arn't crossed
.................................................. .............................
Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As Slyts and I were saying, just be cool, approach them calmly and explain the situation. You'll always get a better result.

Good to hear they are looking after you.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suteki
As Slyts and I were saying, just be cool, approach them calmly and explain the situation. You'll always get a better result.

Good to hear they are looking after you.
Right on!

Good result!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by red7fifty
Excellent!
I wouldn't worry about venting your anger, that would be a normal thing for most people in your situation.
But, here is an opportunity for the shop to make good, on its' mistake.
If they follow through, it shows GOOD CUSTOMER support, and will earn repeat business.
Keep everyone updated.
Oh yeah, well now the gap has been sealed. But I feel really really bad. I think I vented too much anger.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Oh yeah, well now the gap has been sealed. But I feel really really bad. I think I vented too much anger.
baha no way, I'm 15 and when my hobby shop wired up my rx8 2050kv combo they have some seriously good soldering skills so i would rather pay the $20 for them to solder it up then me and if they stuff mine up I would be going crazy aswell, But atleast they are doing the standard and giving you a new esc.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

^ Yes but I read back on everything I said and I can't believe I actually said all that, it was so stupid. I just put two and two together and rushed through everything all panicky and said the worst possible thing and it's got me in a lot of trouble with my parents and the shop. i just got so angry over nothing. It means a lot to me though gives me something to think about instead of school and motorbikes. Hopefully I can learn (doubt I ever will) from this and will never do anything like it again.
I am not commenting on this thread anymore