Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I'm at a loss and about to just give up... >

I'm at a loss and about to just give up...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm at a loss and about to just give up...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

your current gear ratio isnt "loading" the brushless motor enough to make touque. try a 78 or 80 tooth spur with your current pinion. You should see a big difference everywhere in the powerband.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer357
your current gear ratio isnt "loading" the brushless motor enough to make touque. try a 78 or 80 tooth spur with your current pinion. You should see a big difference everywhere in the powerband.
He said he tried exactly that.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Tighten your slipper
Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Tighten your slipper
slippers tight,transmissions fresh and nothing slipping. This is a odd case. Motor is brand new with only 2 weekends on it. Batteries are good. It's just dog slow.. I advised him to swap motors with his other truck and see how it acts on the other speedo. Im not a fan of the gtb with a 17.5 at all.... Everyone else or atleast 99% of the people running 17.5 are running speedos with boost and timing advance at are track so thats another reason the other cars are good bit faster..... As i already mentioned john it's a big difference for the guys who are running lrp's,tekins,vipers etc...It's almost like the speedo has no guts at all. Also john you've only been racing 3 times and i know its frustrating especially after all of the $$ u dump into it but u got to give it time. These problems happen and after u solve them it'll only make things enjoyable in the end. Anyone will tell u stock can be way more involved/frustrating then mod especially trying to make power.... It has always been a class of the best batteries/motors/speedos. Replying to some of the comments he has made several gearing changes with no results. IMO it's the speedo and i could be wrong but that's my guess..
Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob martin
slippers tight,transmissions fresh and nothing slipping. This is a odd case. Motor is brand new with only 2 weekends on it. Batteries are good. It's just dog slow.. I advised him to swap motors with his other truck and see how it acts on the other speedo. Im not a fan of the gtb with a 17.5 at all.... Everyone else or atleast 99% of the people running 17.5 are running speedos with boost and timing advance at are track so thats another reason the other cars are good bit faster..... As i already mentioned john it's a big difference for the guys who are running lrp's,tekins,vipers etc...It's almost like the speedo has not guts at all.
Well shit, that's your problem. I assumed this was a "no boost" class. Timing in the esc makes a HUGE difference.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Well shit, that's your problem. I assumed this was a "no boost" class. Timing in the esc makes a HUGE difference.
Thank you. Ive been trying to beat this in his head John just started racing and has spent alot of $$$. I just wish the $$ spent would've been on a better speedo especially for 17.5 Racing but u live and learn... I run all viper stuff advised that i would try the motor in my car just to make sure it's not the motor.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by pghgamer
I'm running a Losi XXX-SCT in stock CORR. Currently I have a Viper 17.5T motor and a Novak GTB2 esc with a gearing of 27/84. I'm really new to this hobby and have fun running the truck but my truck is a real dog and neither I are many of the guys at my local track can figure out why.

I'm on an indoor, high bite track and am running a good tire/ shock combo. Of course I can always be a better driver but the frustrating part is not having the punch to get over the humps. I literally see my car struggling to try and produce torque.

I've tried several gear ratios: 25/78; 27/78; 27/82; & my current 27/84.

A couple guys mentioned turning the bell timing all the way up to see if it would help. It actually ran slower and when I pulled it off the track it was at 183 degrees. (I normally run at around 110)

On another note I run my Stock Truck with an Orion 17.5 and a Speed Passion Short Course Master and the thing has a ton of balls. I mean, I know that it's a lighter truck...but by how much?

I'm sorry for the rant but I Really am at a loss and have no clue what to do. I mean, sure I could just go out and get a Tekin RS 17.5 T combo but after buying both trucks and everything I need to race & pit I'm regretfully on a fixed budget for the time being.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

~John
You can exchange your GTB2 (no timing adjustments) for our new Havoc Pro SC with X-Drive (with timing adjustments) through our Trade-In program.

If you have questions, you can PM me.