Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caster vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Caster vehicles

Hey. If you own or have had experience with caster vehicles, how do you like them? Trick Parts has some great prices for them and they look pretty good. I have a ve8, but am looking at the caster electric truggy. Thoughts? Thanks.
EDIT: kind of ironic now isn't it?

Last edited by rcboy1; 04-02-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcboy1
Hey. If you own or have had experience with caster vehicles, how do you like them? Trick Parts has some great prices for them and they look pretty good. I have a ve8, but am looking at the caster electric truggy. Thoughts? Thanks.
They are great vehicles. I have a EX-1.5, ZX-1.5 and S10B, they are awesome and can hang with the best of them. Also the suport directly from the distributor is second to none. The Caster forum has suport from the Team drivers as well as the owner, www.casterracingusa.com any help you need, you can find it there.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by indybobb
They are great vehicles. I have a EX-1.5, ZX-1.5 and S10B, they are awesome and can hang with the best of them. Also the suport directly from the distributor is second to none. The Caster forum has suport from the Team drivers as well as the owner, www.casterracingusa.com any help you need, you can find it there.
Thanks. I didn't ask there because they would be biased :P
Old 01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ran the Zx1.5 when it first came out for a whole season. It was probably one of the best handling 1/8th scales I ever owned. I only broke one front arm and bent the front tower. That was the only things in the whole year. For the price you can't beat them!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stu541
Ran the Zx1.5 when it first came out for a whole season. It was probably one of the best handling 1/8th scales I ever owned. I only broke one front arm and bent the front tower. That was the only things in the whole year. For the price you can't beat them!!!
I think ill race my ve8 for now, but might pick up the truggy.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm thinking about getting the RTR electric truggy for my son. Seems like a good price however I would like some more feedback from others before committing to it.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I don't run a Caster, but I get beat by one half the time.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart
I'm thinking about getting the RTR electric truggy for my son. Seems like a good price however I would like some more feedback from others before committing to it.
I do run caster(EX-1.5R), but will give you my honest opinion. The buggy is great, I was also looking at all the buggies when I was buying. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Buggy is very, very durable and handles great.

The only thing holding me back from doing better is me...nice to have a vehicle that has all the performance one could want.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I have owned a electric buggy that I converted to a single 4s battery layout...I raced it a full summer and never broke it...

I also tried a gas truggy and it was also very durable....I only sold it because I prefer electric.

Caster is very good as long as you dont mind having to buy parts online..
Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by larlev
I do run caster(EX-1.5R), but will give you my honest opinion. The buggy is great, I was also looking at all the buggies when I was buying. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Buggy is very, very durable and handles great.

The only thing holding me back from doing better is me...nice to have a vehicle that has all the performance one could want.
Do you have any idea on how the Truggy manages. I guess I'm torn between the buggy and the truggy for my son
Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart
Do you have any idea on how the Truggy manages. I guess I'm torn between the buggy and the truggy for my son
That I can't help with...never ran the truggy. I would expect it to be equally good though. Heard good things at least
Old 01-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ive got to hand it to mike, Rick amd the team, and of course the customers. It is very exciting to see such positive comments when you see a thread like this. I can say there are some very exciting things coming from caster, I know mike amd Rick have worked extremely hard to bring the customer a bulletproof product.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

How does the ready to run 1/8 scale buggy and truggy compare to the kits...Am I better off with the kit for my son who is 11 or is the RTR a good ride?
Old 02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

He runs at my local indoor track. Ill be bringing mine there for him to take a look at first hand. If you want friday you can run a few laps with them.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I have a buddy of mine who has the Caster Fusion an I believe it is a converted EX1 to 1.5 specs. From what I can tell, if you are hard on vehicles, you can benefit from the Pro chassis as it appears to be more durable.

But in general I think the Caster Fusion buggy, especially the prices found at Trick-parts is a great buy in RTR or Pro form.

Oh, and the pics they have available aren't the latest on what the pro looks like. Caster should really get some new photos out as the main thing I hear when I mention the vehicle to them is "on the pics it has clips for the shocks" when that is not how they come now from what I understand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.