Wiki Posts
Search

Help With RX8/Spektum combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Help With RX8/Spektum combo

I am in need of help with my SCTE. Installed is SR300 DSM rx, Pro4 4600, RX8, EXI Digital Servo (hobbypartz.com), a 2000uf capacitor. I use the DX3S radio.

Problem is I am experiencing "glitching". Was told at local track yesterday the DSM2 would eliminate this issue but wasnt sure if that was the correct fix. Also, have read that a BEC by CC would fix this issue.

Also have a SCTE with same reciever, servo, battery, but use a MMP and Trinity 5.5t 4x4 Horsepower and experience some glitching with this as well. Makes me tend to think its a radio issue and not an ESC issue.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have updated all firmware for both esc's as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ach86
I am in need of help with my SCTE. Installed is SR300 DSM rx, Pro4 4600, RX8, EXI Digital Servo (hobbypartz.com), a 2000uf capacitor. I use the DX3S radio.

Problem is I am experiencing "glitching". Was told at local track yesterday the DSM2 would eliminate this issue but wasnt sure if that was the correct fix. Also, have read that a BEC by CC would fix this issue.

Also have a SCTE with same reciever, servo, battery, but use a MMP and Trinity 5.5t 4x4 Horsepower and experience some glitching with this as well. Makes me tend to think its a radio issue and not an ESC issue.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have updated all firmware for both esc's as well.
Try a different servo. The Rx8 has a 5amp bec and should power up any servo without an issue in your SCTe.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Any recommendations?

That was my next thought. Any suggestions on an affordable one?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

"affordable" and "racing" are two words that dont go together well...

Your money will be better spent on Quality that you can get several seasons out of instead of replacing an " affordable" servo every few weeks.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Affordable doesn't really mean inferior, I have used this servo with out any issues for almost a year. I am willing to spend more in order to fix this issue but not sure where to start.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Alright,well u are gonna call me stupid but just try as it could potentially be the fix.
Get a servo wire extension and attach it to a capacitor and put it into your reciever. Give it a couple seconds and see how it works. It was the fix to my glitching problems with a MMP and spektrum reciever.

MMP's have been known to come with weak BEC's,but Tekin's are quality products and i have never had problems with glitching with them.

I might also try a SR3100 reciever instead of a SR300.You can pick up a used one on ebay for 40 bucks.they are smaller and are the newer spektrum recievers.

If all else fails,I would try a new servo.Spektrum S6040 is a nice choice.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would try the sr3100 rec first. I had the same experience a few weeks ago at a big race. This is after the install of a bec.

The vehicle in question is the only one of mine that does not have a 3100 in it.

Worst case, you have a extra rec that can easily be sold.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help guys I believe the servo may have been the problem. I switched it out for a Turnigy 958 I had as a spare and seems to run like a champ. Cant wait to hit the track as this will be the first run with the RX8/Pro 4 combo.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

glad you fixed it!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ach86
Thanks for the help guys I believe the servo may have been the problem. I switched it out for a Turnigy 958 I had as a spare and seems to run like a champ. Cant wait to hit the track as this will be the first run with the RX8/Pro 4 combo.
Your going to love that combo.