Like Tree10Likes

Mugen 4x4 Short Course prototype

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
RTR with body it 6lbs 12oz.
Did you have to do any mods other than using your shock towers? I'm assuming the losi bumper didn't just drop fit on the front of the car.

Kind of annoyed I sold my mbx6. After seeing this
Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

all you have to do is ream out the hole on the Losi bumper a little so it line up with the 2 front bottom screw of the MBX6, and the top screws line up perfectly. If you guys need more detail pictures I will post some more.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

all you have to do is ream out the hole on the Losi bumper a little so it line up with the 2 front bottom screw of the MBX6, and the top screws line up perfectly. If you guys need more detail pictures I will post some more.
Please post pics when you get a a chance. I assuming the dimensions are legal?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i'd pick a different rear bumper. the losi one is garbage.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey steve, do those de wheels narrow the width of the car compared to a typical 1/8 tire set up?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've run against Robbie Collins "conversion/prototype" at OCRC for a few weeks now. The truck handle's very well. The weight isn't as big of a deal as some would think (remember what people originally thought when they heard how much the Losi weighs, but we all found out, the extra weight really didn't hurt it and some would even go as far as to say the extra weight helps it in some situations). He runs an RX8/Pro4 4600kv system, same motor as me. This motor is strong enough to push the weight easily without heating up badly and it's also strong enough to make the gearing pretty tall and not lose anything on the bottom end, so even with the additional weight, he's still able to gear it to keep up with me on the straights and still has the punch down low to punch over jumps with minimal run-up. I've been offered the opportunity to put a battery pack through it and check it out. Maybe I eventually will since I've got an MBX6E just sitting, it's just been on race days and I've been trying to get my truck dialed for racing, so haven't taken him up on it yet. But honestly, I love my Losi, it's been great to me and I have no complaints. It's just nice to have more options out there and we all know how good that MBX6E buggy is, so there's no reason to think their 4x4 SC wont be just as good, whether converted or if they eventually come out with it in kit form.

I've also seen Steve's truck in person and that has me seriously considering converting my Mugen buggy just for the fun of it. Steve's has some seriously trick stuff and he thought it out very well. In person it looks like a finished manufactured product, whereas Robbie's definitely looks like a conversion mostly due to the RPM bumpers.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jsamarin
hey steve, do those de wheels narrow the width of the car compared to a typical 1/8 tire set up?
No it doesn't I wish it was zero offset then it would be perfect. Right now the front is legal width but the rear is 2mm off on each side.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Yes I have those towers ready to go just email me.

Steve
[email protected]
Steve makes some great stuff. Love the work he did for my D8 shock towers.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

No it doesn't I wish it was zero offset then it would be perfect. Right now the front is legal width but the rear is 2mm off on each side.
hmm......do you run the track width spacer on the front lower pivot ball to get it within roar max width?

I wonder if you could make some rear hinge pin mounts that would move the arm in......when my untrained eye looks at it, theres enough room to do so, but its hard to say if it would work right
Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

I like, I like.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

This truck looks beefy!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Nice to see the idea is catching on. I started my MBSC6 almost a year ago. It's has been on a weight diet too and my 4100Kv Neu 1415 is on it's way to run it on 2S. (I don't do races so I've been running it with a Neu 1512 1900Kv untill now)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rse-truck.html

I'll post some pictures of the current interior tonight.

@Steve, I used your chassis as well. Back then you did not have the towers so I used Xtreme Racings ones 4mm.

There's a bunch of titanium parts on there (screws, pillowballs) and some more on the way. Will be fitting ceramic bearings all around.

Next to my SC810e (RC8 SC conversion)

Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jsamarin
hmm......do you run the track width spacer on the front lower pivot ball to get it within roar max width?

I wonder if you could make some rear hinge pin mounts that would move the arm in......when my untrained eye looks at it, theres enough room to do so, but its hard to say if it would work right
I try cutting the MBX5 rear arms and got it to fit perfect but now I need a dog bone that about 4mm shorter.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i would really like to see a video of it on a track!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I shortened my mbx6 arms and used mbx5 dog bones. Works perfectly front and rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.