Wiki Posts
Search

ever had one of those days?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default ever had one of those days?

so first, some background.

i bought my rc10gt 3rd hand and it came with a second FT chassis loaded with all kinds of rpm hop ups, a tranny, and front/rear suspension.

the chassis the truck was actually on had everything, but it was mostly stock.

i picked the parts i wanted, including the chassis, from the second parts pile, and built up my truck the way i wanted it. now, just a few weeks ago i completely built a whole new tranny with all robinson aluminum gears. the tranny case itself was problematic, but i wasnt concerned enough to REdo the whole process again.

today i was cleaning out my car and came across a box full of old RC crap in my trunk. in the box was of all things, the tranny from the second chassis. inside this tranny was all robinson gears, rubber sealed bearings, and all in a flawless case.

i spent almost 50 bucks on that tranny. i think ill cry now.

on the up side, i used parts from my rebuilt tranny, and what was still good from the old tranny. i TRIPLED the amount of free spin (spinning the tires by hand) with the rear tires off the ground. so in the end it all worked out well, but what a freakin annoyance! so anyway, i take the car outside for a test run using some old street tires (on hard dirt) and like a damn moron i realized i never tightened down the screws holding the tranny on and stripped out ANOTHER new spur gear.

so, lets all get a laugh at each others expense, and share our stories of our own idiocy
Old 10-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Default A few bad days for me

Well one day i took my car out for a run and flipped it a few times and broke a few parts......

A few days later im back out ready to use it everything is set to go i wait for my dad to back out of the driveway as he was going down the street.
I come up with this silly idea to drag him so i did and i got in front of him swerved beside him then my radio glitched and it swerved right under the back tyre.

I had to wait 2 weeks for new parts to come i missed out on a race meeting!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Up until a few years ago my brother and I used to charge up some packs and play destruction derby in the street with my original RC10 and whatever the 1st generation of Losi buggy was called.

A head on collision usually ended the fun. I usually won. The old Losi A Arms were more fragile than the thicker original Associated A Arms

I bought a Losi truck recently and was following the directions to screw down the slipper nut all the way. I tightened it enough that the plastic spacer got flattened and I had to buy another one. That was pretty dumb.

I superglued one of my battery packs with too much superglue by accident. It was runny. It nearly stuck to the table before I realized it was dripping.

I almost CA glued my finger to an offroad tire. I was holding it so it would bond and didnt realize I had some on my finger tip. Luckily I have the debonder!

As a teen I remember being at an oval r/c race and I wasn't doing that well. The race leader (some old guy) was yelling at me rather aggressively while we were driving to get out of his way because he was on the lead lap. His attitude ticked me off for some reason and I tried to ram him off the track. Luckily I missed him. I'm more mature now I promise!

Last edited by Rysuleod; 10-07-2004 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Rysuleod
I superglued one of my battery packs with too much superglue by accident. It was runny. It nearly stuck to the table before I realized it was dripping.
That happened to me also! Well not actually me.......
Me and one of my friends were fixin our cars, on my table, and unfortunately he was building a new pack that day. He wasn't cheap on the CA, thats true! The pack stuck like hell, and i had to use a knife to pry it off. I still have the Corally matching-labels on the table.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

My son wanted to fix some toy, so he got my 3oz bottles of thin CA, he broke the top off trying to get it off so he tossed it back on the shelf the whole bottle spilled on my callipers, wheels, scissors, golw ignitor, motors batteries & more plus it ruined the furniture.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

well, the gremlins struck again. i was at the track today and decided to brave the mud puddles on the track. well, i killed my receiver, but not from the water, amazingly lol

about 10 minutes in the car started getting glitchy, and became unmanagable. so i pulled the car in, and it went WILD. uncontrollable, WOT. so picked the car up and set it on the bench and the antenna fell off! tube and all. aparently when i tumbled comming off the last jump the antenna wire tail got tangled in the rear end somewhere and snapped the wire

oh well. i just ordered me an MX3 seems 40 bucks for a new receiver is stupid when i can get the mx3, servo, and receiver for 100 bucks more lol
Old 10-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Rysuleod

Yeah,I did that, except into one of my cars chassis', so i got to buy a new chassis, and battery!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

oi, this just isnt my month.

i got to the track for a few quick laps today and after fixing a broken servo horn (from the same cartwheel incident that trashed the receiever) i couldnt get her fired up at ALL. she just sat on the box spitting fuel. after about an hour of myself and the shop owner switching out glow plugs, i finally gave up. i got in the car to leave and realized i put a used dead battery in my battery box, which i then put in my glow stick, which i did to rule out the glow stick being dead lol

man, im just too dumb for this. i should start with an etch-a-sketch and work my way up lol
Old 10-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

I don't know how long you have been in the RC hobby, but don't give up. Your mistakes only sound like beginer ones.

It will get better...I'm suprised the shop owner didn't test the glow ignitor!
Old 10-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

"man, im just too dumb for this. i should start with an etch-a-sketch and work my way up lol"

classic dude! classic.. haha
Old 10-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

this is my first year corvette, i havnt really raced in the true sense of the word yet. only the local guys. MOST of my time is trial and error to see what works for me and what doesnt. im just now getting to be able to hold my own on a dirt track. next year is when the stuff hits the fans

my strategy up till now is to run until somthing goes wrong. then when it goes wrong, i come on here and search the net and learn EVERYTHING i can about what went wrong and why. for example, if my tranny goes, i learn everything i can about how and why the trannys work like they do, and what works best. then when thats all straight, say for example the steering servo goes. then i learn everything i can about radio systems and get myself setup with a nice setup. its a slow tedious process (its taken me a whole season thus far) but by the time next spring hits i should be a guru in my own rights

i just have to stop making rookie mistakes! i should know better by now. i just get cocky. and we did test the ignitor, and it worked fine. the battery was low, not dead. so when we checked the plug it looked fine and lit up nice and orange. it just wasnt hot enough to fire the engine lol
Old 10-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Anyone ever had a friend come over and flame their Engine?

Anyone ever rebuilt a motor because you thought it was seized, but it was the clutch bearing that was seized? Don't ask....
Old 10-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

lol sounds like a hair grabber losi...

i did that today LOL i was running my GT at my friends house and it stopped DEAD, and the P/S was stuck. i got half way through taking the engine off when i noticed a rock fell out from between the flywheel and chassis
Old 11-01-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

I went through about 3 spur gears befor i leared to use locktite and spring washers....lol

lately ive been learning to jump, ocassionally f*cking it up and landing the car on it's ass....that makes the battery box spring open and out comes the Rx battery....sometimes it happens at WOT and i'll panic....sometimes i haveto crash tackle the car...lol

besides that, if i get a bit of moisture in the throttle servo, it wont go over about 1/4 throttle....really annoying...
Old 11-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

YES...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.