Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC-10 T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC-10 T2

hi guys, well i dug out my vintage t/a electric today and was going to try to restore it to its former glory.

i went down to KELLET'S hobbys in liverpool and they dont sell any parts for it at all ,exept for battery's ect.

things i need will cost me well over $300 to get it going again

radio gear esc, servo, battery's,charger, i pretty much got a roller atm. now the guy at the shop reckons i should buy something new from thunder tiger like this for $ 460 rtr excluding starter kit. tt s3

its mainly for myself , not looking at racing just yet,although i use to race on road elec

id post pics but it wont let me yet as im only new.

pics ,any advice will be great as ive been out of the scene for 10 years.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm resurrecting a RC10t and RC10. It's up to you . Still a great vehicle. The 10T im driving won a race that had over 20 trucks in its class. I hope I can do it Justice in two weeks @ the JConcepts indoor winter nationals @Smac trac in St.Charles Missouri.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

I had the same problem with the same vehicle, RC10T2. After extensive research, I came to the conclusion that it's less expensive to just buy a new RTR. Went with the T4.1 brushless kit and couldn't be happier.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Unless your are restoring the T2 for some purpose other than running. Such as a shelf queen, old memories, or a vintage class, you would be far better off with a T4.1 RTR. And less money too. If you spend enough time one ebay, I'm sure you would find all the parts you need. Also checking older shops can always be a good source of vintage parts.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Associated still sells almost everything.

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a...s_accessories/

Edit: It shares parts with the RC10GT as well.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Rookie

How strong are the stealth rear ends in them and what would be a safe limit . Was thinking brushless vut my budget says stay brusced, i have a 23 t atlas progress laying around from my on road , will this be ok and what batteries are available pref nimh. How expensive are the li- po setups .
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Lipos, chargers, and brushless set ups aren't that expensive if you know where to look. If you're on a budget check out hobbypartz.com and hobbyking.com.

Your 23t motor will be an absolute dog in the stadium truck. Even the rtr brushless is roughly 13.5 turns.

I'm telling you, unless it's for nostalgia, or you're a glutton for punishment, shelf the roller or sell it on eBay and get a new rtr. It's good to go out of the box. Race/Bash ready. The only thing keeping you from winning will be your driving.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Rookie

totally understand ,the 23 t was a class i used to race in a while back to keep it competitive , im kinda leaning toward a nitro car rtr now unless someone can talk me out of it ,lol

ive never had a nitro car, whatever i choose its probably going to be raced.

just had a look at hobbypartz , ive been out of the scene for so long its going to take me a couple of weeks to understand all the new setups,lol, but they are very cheap. im in australia so its going to cost me for shipping.

can someone please explain to me the workings of a brushless setup over a brushed setup.
also the power difference,is a 10t brushed the same as a 10t brushless ? i just need re- educating

Last edited by tresurehunt; 01-19-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got my old T2 out for a run a little while back, I put a Mamba Max in it with a 5.5t motor. The gearbox survived, it's almost the same as the B4/T4 transmission, it just uses the older idler gear with the fixed shaft, the outdrives and diff gear are the same as the B4/T4 (not the .1).

Managed to break the first front suspension arm i've ever broken on that truck, and only because one of the front circlips fell off the hinge pin and the pin worked itself half out.. An RPM front bumper would've stopped that.

Brushless just has some extra wires over brushed, and you don't have to worry about having to change brushes and true the comm, as long as you don't overheat them and you keep the bearings lubed they will last forever.
10.5 should be faster than a 10t brushed, there's no direct comparison though from one to the other as there are so many variables with timing setups.

Last edited by Bugle; 01-20-2012 at 05:20 AM.