Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new guy with nitro evader.. any help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 03:11 PM
fga
Tech Rookie

Default new guy with nitro evader.. any help?

hi, new to this forum..

i was given a duratrax nitro evader ST for christmas from my wife. I have driven it the last couple of days, did the proper break in procedure, etc,
yesterday, when i was driving it, it would cut out any time i came to a hard stop. it was running great while on the trottle, but if i made a sharp turn and had to slow down quickly... it would die. then i wouldn't be able to restart it for 10 minutes.

today, i went to try and use it this morning, and i can't even pull the pull start. it's very hard, and only allows about 1 full crank roation. i thought maybe it was flooded, but it wasn't. while the plug was out (checking flood), it cranks easily, without effort using the pull start. when i put the plug back in, i can hardly pull it. and you can hear pressure, and a sliht bit of fuel being forced out around the glow plug???
any help or ideas? i emailed DTX, but haven't heard anything. I would like to take advantage of the nice days coming up this week.

thanks and happy holidays.

adam
Old 12-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Try taking the plug out, turn it upside down and crank it over. If it has gunk in it it'll come out then. May be stalling because it's a bit to rich, or a bit lean on the bottom. Or could be a sticking clutch or clutch bearing. Will the clutch spin freely with the spur gear removed? Or could just be cold. Try heating the motor up with a hair dryer. Tight motors are hard to roll over sometimes. Could try turning the idle up just a bit for the stalling problem if it's none of the other things I said.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:43 PM
fga
Tech Rookie

look at this video i took before of my carb and idle screw.. is it supposed to move left to right like that?
Old 12-31-2004, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I don't see a pic or video. But if you are asking if the idle screw is supposed to wobble, no it's not.