Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrax DXR8-E

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Ok , Thunder Tiger OWNS A.E. so any designs coming out would be done in house and be their own . Not some other companies design that they licensed to sell under a different company banner . Does Duratrax own or are they part of Anderson ?

Its being sold/marketed as a RACE ROLLER , what is it supposed to race against if not RC8.2e's or 8ight 2.0e's .

Will I buy one when its released ? Nope , I already have a great E buggy and will be glad to have something new to run against .
Why does it matter if DTX bought it from someone? However you've already heard that DTX was involved from day 1 in testing and development with the company that is building it. If you aren't interested in one why are you so intent on spending your time here? What I meant by compete against is, DTX is going for the entry level racers not the racer that is going after the RC8.2E or 2.0E. The lower price range with comparable quality and performance. On the track of course they will compete.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Ok , Thunder Tiger OWNS A.E. so any designs coming out would be done in house and be their own . Not some other companies design that they licensed to sell under a different company banner . Does Duratrax own or are they part of Anderson ?
Thunder Tiger owns and makes AE. You don't know what Thunder Tiger sells into other markets under different brands or how much of the post TTR AE cars are AE designed. Maybe TTR has other brands that cross breed with AE's stuff. That's the nature of a multi brand business. The RC8 is likely built around many pre-existing TTR components.

For all we know the RC8 was designed and done when AE decided they needed a 1/8 car in the market.

I don't know if I'd buy one right off the bat either. I'm pretty happy with my current rig and it's in good shape.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

i saw this car at the crcrc race as well, box edition looks like an entry level car, by the time you add the needed upgrades you are into the price of more known race cars like the rc8 or the mugen eco. It was just ok on the track but I can say it was very durable. The factory driver hit my car in practice, launched into a poll at the fastest part of the track and it hit hard, shook the whole building, it still moved but he got it fixed, looked like a chassis would be needed for most other cars. only notable leftovers from the wreck where plier marks on his 5mm shock tower in the front (upgraded tower) where he bent it back out.

anyways I will stick with my ve8 till I move into a mugen I think.

Nice car, but kinda unkown to sink that money into it for me.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:53 PM
JSA
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
Once I buy one I will report back with an honest review on it. As soon as tower gets them in stock I will pick one up.

You have the right attitudes.......and i can say ...you won't regret to own the car........

The design is the works for passion..........by the designer
Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
i saw this car at the crcrc race as well, box edition looks like an entry level car, by the time you add the needed upgrades you are into the price of more known race cars like the rc8 or the mugen eco. It was just ok on the track but I can say it was very durable. The factory driver hit my car in practice, launched into a poll at the fastest part of the track and it hit hard, shook the whole building, it still moved but he got it fixed, looked like a chassis would be needed for most other cars. only notable leftovers from the wreck where plier marks on his 5mm shock tower in the front (upgraded tower) where he bent it back out.

anyways I will stick with my ve8 till I move into a mugen I think.

Nice car, but kinda unkown to sink that money into it for me.
I agree i saw them too.....looks cheap to me. For what it costs vs the few dollars more i spent on my mugen eco......its nowhere near worth it. If on a buget of less than 400 id certainly buy the ve8!!!!! A few guys layin down some nice runs w/ those this weekend
Old 01-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

amorgan that was my dtx car. thanks for the interest in the product.

Big Mike. I can assure you there are no plier marks on my shock tower as it did NOT bend in the crash. we did bump wheels coming into the rollers and i hit the pole dead center with the front bumper hard enough to eject the battery from the car. My bumper still has yellow paint on it . The only damage from the crash was the center diff cap cracked. i was pretty surprised that was all that happened. the cars on track performance was a better than OK unfortunately my luck was not. in the last round of qualifiiers i was able to run 7th for the round and that was my best run.

I really like the car thus far, I do have limited time with it. i am looking forward to finally being able to use race the car in public and test it a lot more. As far as option parts on my car are as follows. 5 mm shock towers, longer rear shocks, aluminum rear toe mount and aluminum lower arm mount on the front.
I think my favorite feature on the car is that the arm mounts bolt to the chassis and the bulkheads.
I will post some pics of the hop up parts later.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Arnold, Are the diffs smooth?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris arnold
amorgan that was my dtx car. thanks for the interest in the product.

Big Mike. I can assure you there are no plier marks on my shock tower as it did NOT bend in the crash. we did bump wheels coming into the rollers and i hit the pole dead center with the front bumper hard enough to eject the battery from the car. My bumper still has yellow paint on it . The only damage from the crash was the center diff cap cracked. i was pretty surprised that was all that happened. the cars on track performance was a better than OK unfortunately my luck was not. in the last round of qualifiiers i was able to run 7th for the round and that was my best run.

I really like the car thus far, I do have limited time with it. i am looking forward to finally being able to use race the car in public and test it a lot more. As far as option parts on my car are as follows. 5 mm shock towers, longer rear shocks, aluminum rear toe mount and aluminum lower arm mount on the front.
I think my favorite feature on the car is that the arm mounts bolt to the chassis and the bulkheads.
I will post some pics of the hop up parts later.

It might of been a bit of dirt on there and not plier marks, anyways with the hop ups on it, it looks as good and any other 1/8th. It was faster than me on the track too, lol

But I think alot comes down to driving, lol

Good luck with the new car. Did you try any of the new duratrax rubber? Or where you all panther??
Old 01-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I've run the C3 Posse tires and they are VERY good. They even hooked up very well in cold weather 40-50 degrees. I was very impressed.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

I am a panther driver so I was on panthers all weekend. I could see the c3 compound working well at the factory.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wait, is the car pictured in the beginning of this forum what you get from the box, or is that post optional parts?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

The roller in the first pics is what you get out of the box with no electronics. i will do my best to get some pics of my car up tonite. my car has the option parts.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

This thing is sweet!! Saving!! Save $ sell stuff!! Buy duratrax!!! LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Ok so here are the pictures of the option shock towers and notice the yellow paint on the front bumper. That,s form the pole shot at The Ohio Rc Factory

Last edited by chris arnold; 01-19-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added more pics
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's a really good looking buggy and I dig the top.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.