Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrax DXR8-E

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

I had a chance to race against the DXR8-E at RJD hobbies for their easter seals benefit race. The driver was a DTX team member. I have to admit, the car looked very good and planted. My Casters are still better
Old 05-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What a bummer about this car,sooner or later you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to wait any longer
Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Not thinking the wait would be this long...& will probably be longer...spare parts have already been ordered...dtxr8e body has already gone to the painter & has come back with a sweet paint job from dark side...I just watched a "kit opening" video on you tube dated January 24...my b/o was placed on February 13th...missed it by roughly 3 weeks.

I wonder if there is anyone out there who didn't send their kit back to tower?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
I wonder if there is anyone out there who didn't send their kit back to tower?
I bet if people knew the wait would be this long, no one would've sent their kit back.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RatsacK
I bet if people knew the wait would be this long, no one would've sent their kit back.
I think your right!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Rumor has it that it should be available within the next few weeks.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Edwin...let's all hope!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Work in progress

Last edited by donthatethegame; 10-22-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here is the body that is waiting for completion.

Last edited by donthatethegame; 10-22-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I have been following the developments of this buggy for some time now. It really sparked my interest and I was thinking about pulling the trigger and possibly grabbing one.

I just read this entire thread over again. It's been 4 or 5 months of conversation over this buggy ---- a massive recall involved, and nothing but vague generalized answers as to what the problem may be. The exhausting efforts of the manufacture to conceal why this recall took place and why it's taking so long to re-release the buggy is enough to make me smell a rat. Something legal is up............... no doubt in my mind. To find out that something was incorrect on the buggy after the production line came out; then recall everything? The entire buggy? Why not just take a production model that was incorrect and do the testing with that and sending out the new part? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But what REALLY sniffs of legal issues is the non-disclosure.

Most of us were not born yesterday. Very, very disappointing. This buggy will have to be out for a year with full disclosure of what took place over this recall & have a massive inventory of replacement parts available in conjunction with a proven performance record before I even THINK of pulling the trigger in buying this. >>>>> Only way I personally will jump into this purchase early is if the price is reduced 30% from what it is now on Tower (at $349.98). Yep --- I said it. 30%. I think the consumer has earned that with the put off, and put off, and put off, and dodge after dodge after dodge in getting REAL answers what the hell is going on.

$244.99 is where this vehicle needs to be at this point, and after it's proven itself and has the support >>> Then you can bring it back.

Just my opinions. Very disappointed.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If you really want a cheap/great E Buggy then find a cheap Ve8 or D8 roller or other nitro buggy and convert it with a Tekno V4 conversion kit . They are tough as nails and handle excellent . I have seen Ve8 rollers going for less than 200 and the Tekno kit is like 120 .

I agree though , with all the hush hush and vauge info it probably is something legal and if thats the case it could be weeks or months or even years before this thing is released , and by that time it will be obsolete .

LOL , just saw you have a Vorza in your sig , convert that bad boy with a Tekno kit and it will seem like a new buggy !
Old 05-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Thats what I've been thinking & saying all along...that it must be some sort of legal issue between duratrax & anderson model company. At least my friend who posted the pics of his painted body & chassis now has these parts so he can place his electronics in the chassis instead off them sitting on his work bench.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I can say you guys are wrong about the legal issue. I wish I could say you are wrong about the image of it all but I'm afraid you aren't. It comes down to different perceptions about how to handle things. We as racers know that we want the car NOW and will deal with swapping out a part that they are improving. The people at Duratrax making the call want the buggy to be right from go, they feel it would hurt the image more to have to send out updated parts that people have to put on the car. I commend them for wanting it to be right from the beginning but I know a lot of racers that wouldn't mind swapping out parts.

The other thing we as racers have to remember is IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT US!!! Racers are not the largest group in the R/C market by any means. Look at Traxxas. Not one RACE car in the lineup and they are killing it.

This car is marketed at more than racers and while we don't mind swapping out a part here or there a bigger percentage of people want an ARTR car to be done right out of the box. They don't want to have to swap out parts.

If you choose to wait I'm pretty sure you will be rewarded with a quality car. If not, hopefully you'll take a look at it next time around. It's pretty sad to come in and try to push other manufacturers cars though.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Jon,

Thank you again for your response and continuing to keep up with informing the masses --- even if there is no real information emerging.

If this isn't a legal issue like you say it's not, and this is "quality" related for a RTR product out of the box of great quality; why still no disclosure as to the problem? Wouldn't it be fair to say the following behind this buggy would be more apt to continue being patient and appreciate answers rather than dodge responses?

If it doesn't involve a patent, legal issues, etc.... I'm beside myself why the secrecy. At this point it's a matter of reputation I would think. This thread has over 12,000 views. The posts are starting to drop off. You're losing customer base with this stunt. If there's no release date (or even if there is) ---- It's time to come clean with what the issue is?? I'm not going to push any competitors. I'm a steward of the entire buggy class and I like what all of them have to offer; but reputation tends to trump all. You may have the best car out there by far, but if your reputation is damaged as a result of these shenanigans >>>>> Doesn't matter how good the buggy is.

I've seen it time and time again Jon. Keep your customers in the dark, and eventually the manufacture will be in the dark. Reputation is everything, but I'm sure you know that. Pass the word up the chain and let them know what kind of effect this recall is having on the RC community. Racer and basher alike. (BTW - In my experience the basher is more demanding as they are sending these cars 25ft. into the air and driving in quarry pits versus racers on a nicely groomed track doing their best never to let the car flip over).

I won't bother you again, but I'll be continuing to watch for updates. Eventually this buggy will lose my interest. I feel I'm being pretty fair hanging around this long, along with many others..... Time to spill the beans. What is going on?
Old 05-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I think what's really sad is Duratrax got all these users pumped up for this buggy and then pulled the rug out from under them with this recall without REALLY giving a reason why

Meh , whatever .... I am done with this thread , Sarinexia is right nobody is coming too it anyway !

See all you DXR8-E drivers at the track ! ........................ Next year maybe ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.