R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #91
Tech Master
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ View Post
Not really what I was looking for. I want to see if anyone put lights on their SCBE. There wasn't even an SCBE in that thread.

After finals I'll work on my SCBE and update some photos.
Not sure why you quoted my post that had nothing to do with your question, but whatever.

I honestly don't know where you'd fit lights to a SCBE. Maybe a roof-mounter light bar would work, but if you flipped at high speed you'd destroy the light bar. Maybe you could find protected spots on the chassis to mount some Axial light buckets like I did on my Arrma Raider.
__________________
Check out Fyrstormer's Garage in the Chat Lounge.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #92
Tech Apprentice
 
67StingrayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Not sure why you quoted my post that had nothing to do with your question, but whatever.

I honestly don't know where you'd fit lights to a SCBE. Maybe a roof-mounter light bar would work, but if you flipped at high speed you'd destroy the light bar. Maybe you could find protected spots on the chassis to mount some Axial light buckets like I did on my Arrma Raider.
Sry Fyrstormer, I guess your post just happened to be posted directly after mine. I asked a question and I thought you were suggesting I look at your thread.
67StingrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #93
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Norcal
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egalsim View Post
Just use 17mm, better wheel selection and more durable



That's the sickest looking SCBE I've seen!
luvthercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:35 AM   #94
Tech Master
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ View Post
Sry Fyrstormer, I guess your post just happened to be posted directly after mine. I asked a question and I thought you were suggesting I look at your thread.
LOL
__________________
Check out Fyrstormer's Garage in the Chat Lounge.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #95
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ View Post
Has anyone put lights on their SCBE yet? I got a set in the works. I bought some TOP SECRET goodies to make some light whips for the back of mine. After Finals are over I hope to have time to fully trick mine out. I think I like working on my RC more than I like driving it. I definitely know I like the looks of it.

Lets see some pics ppl!
Bulletproof RC on YouTube has a video using Axial lights. He installed a roll bar and front and rear lights. Looks awesome.
Rocky1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:04 AM   #96
Tech Master
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 1,817
Default

I finally got electronics installed in mine tonight. I'd been putting that off for months. Too bad it's supposed to rain all day.
__________________
Check out Fyrstormer's Garage in the Chat Lounge.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #97
Tech Apprentice
 
67StingrayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I finally got electronics installed in mine tonight. I'd been putting that off for months. Too bad it's supposed to rain all day.
Post some pics. I have been trying to put the vinyl on mine for weeks now, but kids, holidays and school finals have kept me from completing. Plus, I had to order more vinyl to complete my wrap, but the second batch came in the wrong color. I can't wait till it's done.
67StingrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:56 AM   #98
Tech Apprentice
 
67StingrayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 78
Default

Check it out!
Attached Thumbnails
TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2502_opt.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2500_opt.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2501_opt.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2503_opt.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2504_opt.jpg  

67StingrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:58 AM   #99
Tech Apprentice
 
67StingrayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 78
Default

more
Attached Thumbnails
TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2507_opt-2-.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2508_opt.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2509_opt.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2510_opt.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-100_2522_opt.jpg  

67StingrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:27 PM   #100
Tech Master
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 1,817
Default

Here's mine. Bone-stock except for wheels, tires, and electronics.



I don't normally go for blingy aluminum parts on my wheels, since they'll get scratched eventually, but the Ten-SCBE just doesn't look right without color-matched beadlock rings.

I need to tune the front and rear diffs. I filled the center diff with 100K oil, same as my 4Pede, and that helped a lot, but there's more tuning to be done. I'll probably hunt down some aluminum shock bodies too. Other than that, it runs like a dream as-is. Losi has gotten really good at making vehicles work properly out-of-the-box.
__________________
Check out Fyrstormer's Garage in the Chat Lounge.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #101
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 61
Default

I luv tha desert buggy look I just cant get over tha $500 price for this 10th scale... when for tha same price I can get a 8th scale thunder tiger bushmaster...
CaliBayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:25 AM   #102
Tech Master
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 1,817
Default

This one is built on a proven racing platform. It's durable AF.

Also, keep in mind that a 1/10-scale SCT/SCB is the same as a 1/8-scale buggy.
__________________
Check out Fyrstormer's Garage in the Chat Lounge.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:42 AM   #103
Tech Apprentice
 
67StingrayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Here's mine. Bone-stock except for wheels, tires, and electronics.



I don't normally go for blingy aluminum parts on my wheels, since they'll get scratched eventually, but the Ten-SCBE just doesn't look right without color-matched beadlock rings.

I need to tune the front and rear diffs. I filled the center diff with 100K oil, same as my 4Pede, and that helped a lot, but there's more tuning to be done. I'll probably hunt down some aluminum shock bodies too. Other than that, it runs like a dream as-is. Losi has gotten really good at making vehicles work properly out-of-the-box.
I like the tires. where did they come from? I need new wheels, I put a 3cell through mine and stripped all the hexes is all 4 wheels. What are you using?

Also, what do you mean about the front and rear diff needing tuning? How can you tell?
67StingrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:44 AM   #104
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
This one is built on a proven racing platform. It's durable AF.

Also, keep in mind that a 1/10-scale SCT/SCB is the same as a 1/8-scale buggy.
Ok so I'm not new to working on or playing with tha RC's but guess I'm new about facts N tha really knowing ur stuff(lol) but how is a 1/10 scale sct/scb and a 1/8 scale buggy tha same size???
CaliBayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:17 AM   #105
Tech Elite
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 2,455
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBayWolf View Post
Ok so I'm not new to working on or playing with tha RC's but guess I'm new about facts N tha really knowing ur stuff(lol) but how is a 1/10 scale sct/scb and a 1/8 scale buggy tha same size???
well short course trucks use a similar length chassis. The main difference is the a-arms if I'm not mistaken. That's why you'll see a bunch of people converting their short course trucks into superlite 1/8 scale buggies without doing much wrenching.
__________________
::: Tekno EB48SL ::: HPI Blitz ::: Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC :::Team Durango DEX210 v2 ::: Team Durango ExoDex210 :::Tamiya TB03r/TRF418-ish :::
EbbTide is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits. DJ1978 Electric Off-Road 19923 06-12-2017 05:16 AM
ROAR has banned a sct tire that's barely released Kent Beal Electric Off-Road 324 12-07-2011 12:55 AM
Wanna get into SCT 1/10 Ghost44 Rookie Zone 18 11-10-2011 07:19 PM
TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote xsxracing Electric Off-Road 130 07-14-2008 01:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:35 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net