Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB >

TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB

Like Tree12Likes

TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB

Old 07-21-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike, I checked on-line for setup sheets for the SCBE but there were none. Any way to get a sheet for the factory setup? Many thanks.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PapOdie
Mike, I checked on-line for setup sheets for the SCBE but there were none. Any way to get a sheet for the factory setup? Many thanks.
I'm guessing that the setup from the SCTE would work pretty well seeing that they are very very similar vehicles. You're talking about the suspension setup right?
Old 07-27-2016, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

So, out of curiosity, are we ever going to see race classes for short-course buggies? It doesn't affect me personally because I don't race, but it would still be interesting to know in case I ever change my mind. I think SCBs are much more realistic than race buggies are, because they're not super-lightweight with thin Lexan shells over flat chassis plates. There should be race classes for vehicles with structurally-sound rollcages, be they buggies, trucks, or even touring cars. (I know the touring car one will never happen, but it would still be cool.)
Old 08-31-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

I just ordered mine. 10 Day shipping OMG!!!
Old 08-31-2016, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

I'm trying to resist buying one. I'm deep in the hole after the past two years of RC purchases. The TEN-SCBE just looks so damn cool though. I could probably be happy with my SC10B if I could just get it to stop breaking.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
So, out of curiosity, are we ever going to see race classes for short-course buggies? It doesn't affect me personally because I don't race, but it would still be interesting to know in case I ever change my mind. I think SCBs are much more realistic than race buggies are, because they're not super-lightweight with thin Lexan shells over flat chassis plates. There should be race classes for vehicles with structurally-sound rollcages, be they buggies, trucks, or even touring cars. (I know the touring car one will never happen, but it would still be cool.)
They race them in MN. 10.5 motors, spec tires.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was thinking about running these in the E-Buggy super light classes. I've taken mine on a pretty big 8th scale track and it cleared triples and a quad after a straight(only with fresh battery). My only issues have been the turnbuckles stripping out (common problem) and now the out drives on all three diffs are really beat. They probably have about 1/4-1/2" of play. Other than that, I think this would be a very competitive buggy in racing. I've put about 60 battery packs through it
Old 09-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

I caved and bought a green one today. I let it sit in the trunk of my car all evening while I thought about what I did, and at the end of it I still wanted it, so I just unboxed it a few minutes ago. Such a pretty buggy -- it looks so much better than the flat-pan racing buggies with flimsy ultra-light Lexan body shells. I like RCs that actually have some structure to them.

I already have two other buggies, one being a sand-rail style buggy (Arrma Raider BLX) and the other a short-course buggy (Associated SC10B), but it was a choice between the Ten-SCBE and the Ten-SCTE, and not only does the SCBE look better, it also doesn't threaten to make me hate the way my Baja Rey handles. So I continue to not own a proper short-course truck, and I still don't care.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

I caved and bought a green one today. I let it sit in the trunk of my car all evening while I thought about what I did, and at the end of it I still wanted it, so I just unboxed it a few minutes ago. Such a pretty buggy -- it looks so much better than the flat-pan racing buggies with flimsy ultra-light Lexan body shells. I like RCs that actually have some structure to them.

I already have two other buggies, one being a sand-rail style buggy (Arrma Raider BLX) and the other a short-course buggy (Associated SC10B), but it was a choice between the Ten-SCBE and the Ten-SCTE, and not only does the SCBE look better, it also doesn't threaten to make me hate the way my Baja Rey handles. So I continue to not own a proper short-course truck, and I still don't care.
Well done!I have an MIP kit converted 1.0 and a nice 2.0 that I can't wait to convert to buggy status!!
Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

So yeah, I have a RWD SCB, a 4WD SCB, a 4WD trophy truck, and a RWD SCT. I have done an admirable job of dancing-around getting a plain-old 4WD SCT.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Just ordered mine

This is great. Can't wait. Can I use my m12 airtronics radio with this esc?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Brushless racing?

I'm new to brushless racing. Is all gearing on brushless motors MOd1?
Old 09-30-2016, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

The gear pitch isn't determined by the type of motor, it's determined by the vehicle manufacturer. Losi and HPI like to use Mod 1 gears; they're noisy but extremely durable. However, if you can find a 32p or 48p spur gear that will fit the Ten-SCBE's center diff, there's nothing stopping you from using it. If I get a vehicle (besides a touring car) that has 48p, I upgrade it to 32p if I can; it's a good compromise between tooth strength and quiet operation. If a vehicle comes with Mod 1, I just use it as-is.

- - -

So yeah, I stripped the Ten-SCBE I bought. It's a roller now, waiting for me to have the time and money to refit it with the electronics I prefer to use. Now I just need to sell my pile of extra RC parts before I move to a new apartment in a month. I hate selling stuff, it's such a hassle, but at least I get some of my money back.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

The gear pitch isn't determined by the type of motor, it's determined by the vehicle manufacturer. Losi and HPI like to use Mod 1 gears; they're noisy but extremely durable. However, if you can find a 32p or 48p spur gear that will fit the Ten-SCBE's center diff, there's nothing stopping you from using it. If I get a vehicle (besides a touring car) that has 48p, I upgrade it to 32p if I can; it's a good compromise between tooth strength and quiet operation. If a vehicle comes with Mod 1, I just use it as-is.

- - -

So yeah, I stripped the Ten-SCBE I bought. It's a roller now, waiting for me to have the time and money to refit it with the electronics I prefer to use. Now I just need to sell my pile of extra RC parts before I move to a new apartment in a month. I hate selling stuff, it's such a hassle, but at least I get some of my money back.
What electronics did you go with and what pinion gear did you start with? Oh, also how many cells, volts man are the battery packs you going to use? I'm assuming your going to race it at the track. Thank you in advance.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Nope, not going to race it. No tracks within an hour of me, and it's not worth it to me to drive that far just to drive around a track. I haven't put any electronics in it yet, but I'll probably keep the stock motor and use a SkyRC Toro SC120 ESC. For a sensorless ESC they have the smoothest startup I've ever seen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.