Tech Regular

Fantom 20% Race Blend
Old 12-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Powermaster 30%
Old 12-30-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

I RAN TRINITY REG OR POWER BLEND AND THE PLATINUM AND HAD AMAZING SPEED RUNS WITH THEM ALL OF MY ENGINES RAN REALLY STRONG AND VERY COOL AS WELL. THE PROBLEM I HAD WAS THEY WOULD NEVER IDLE GOOD THEY WOULD STALL AFTER 5 SECONDS AND THERE WERE TUNED BY ME AND MY LOCAL HOBBY SHOP WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING (THEY ARE SPONSORED BY LOSI).

I RECENTLY SWITCHED TO O'DONELL AND RETUNED ALL OF MY ENGINES (DID NOT NEED MUCH) AND IT IS MUCH EASIER TO TUNE THEM AS WELL AS GET THEM TO IDLE GREAT. THEY DON'T STALL AT ALL NOW. BUT THEY ALSO RUN HOTTER. WITH THE TRINITY I WAS TOLD YOU NEED TO RUN DIFFERENT PLUGS THEN YOU NORMALLY WOULD LIKE INSTEAD OF MC59 YOU WOULD USE SOMETHING MORE FOR RACING OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

You should be using the same exact plugs for Trinity fuel as you would any other fuel in the same situation.

The only way that simply changing fuel could make your engine idle longer is if your engine wasn't tuned correctly to begin with. It's not a bad thing if your engine loads up after idling for 30-45 seconds, that just means your bottom end needle isn't too lean.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally like the Trinity products,I run Monster HP,but the Planium is a great fuel too. The MHP is just a little cheaper,and it works well for me,so thats what I run. I tried White Lightning in my old nitro Rustler,and didnt like it all that much. Just harder to tune and temps were higher.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm with Aaron, my GT could idle forever without stalling. All these guys would be gassing their cars in the pits and were in a huge rush. My car could sit there no problem (theirs probably could too, just paranoia).
Old 12-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Fuel is not going to effect engine tunability all specs being equal. That is, 30% nitro, 12 % oil good quality materials, etc. from any manufacturer should give you similar carb settings with only minor changes.

If you end up needing to go a turn leaner as i've heard some say, the fuel you have is different then what you were running regardless of what the bottle says. It either has more oil, less nitro, etc. This is where some fuels fall short, variation....

An engine that will idle for 10 minutes straight and comes off the box punchy is too lean and will flame out in a 30 minute or longer main...........A properly set engine should idle well for 10-15 seconds and still accelerate well, but not crisp. After a few seconds it should snap up, with no gurgle or hesitation.........After a few minutes at idle it should blubber and shut off when punched, or the bottom is lean.

A top end that is off in the other direction is good for covering this, especially on smaller tracks..................Jim