Comparable?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Comparable?

I currently have a Traxxas Bandit VXL,but im wondering what vehicle would be a good comparison,but eigth scale in a Associated,Losi,or Mugen?.Also if i was to sell my Bandit VXL bone stock used what should i put it for?Thanks

Last edited by TheFastest-; 12-21-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Ummm, Nothing really? Apples and oranges at this point, unless you are trying for something specific. The Bandit is basically an entry level 1/10 buggy that is completely plastic. (think Kia Soul) even though there is nothing wrong with them, and now you are saying you want to get a Camaro or Mustang.

As for price, put it on ebay. If it looks good in pics, it will bring fair money.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Im thinking a 8th scale Team A,or Mugen????
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

TTT
Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You could get $200 for you bandit and for 8th scale I like the Mugen MBx 6 Eco great car reliable and easy to drive
COMPARISON
-traxxas bandit - a 1990's pickup that you Gardner drives aka a POS
- 1/8 scale of any kind - the Bugatti veyron of rc's
Old 12-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

wow, people actually pay that much for a bandit huh?

I'd say take a look on ebay and see what completed listings are going for.

You probably will get a better price on ebay than here even with ebay taking 10%.

As for what to get for 1/8 I would say first identify what you are wanting out of the vehicle. Is it to race? Is it to bash?

Next, determine how important it is to you for LHS parts support on the wall (any place can pretty much order stuff for your just as you can for yourself).

After that, pick a few vehicles and give them a look even if its just online and see if there are things about them you like better than others.

For Example, Caster Racing's buggy uses a saddle style setup where you can run dual battery packs. Other vehicles use a single battery tray setup ala Associated RC8 where in general you run 1 4S battery. Even more so, some vehicles are more like conversions of the nitro chassis while others have more layout changes that benefit electric like narrrow chassis layouts (ala Tekin V4 conversions, Ofna Hyper 9E)

Don't skimp on your charger. You don't need to buy one with all the bells and whistles, but make sure it does sufficient watts to charge your battery packs.

Lastly, be realistic with how much you are comfortable on spending and if used is a way you are willing to go. You can find a lot of quality used vehicles if you buy from reputable sellers. Give them a teardown, replace anything too worn and you are up and running.

With all that said, here is an example of what I run right now:

Tekno V4 D8 conversion (Hot bodies D8 vehicle)
Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro ESC
Futaba 4PL Radio gear
Futaba S9351 servo
IP 5600mah 50C Batteries (4S)
Tekin 2050Kv motor
Old 12-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Initiate

The guy at the hobby shop talked me into the Traxxas because it is waterproof so they say and it was my 1st car,im using it to mess around at the house and go to the track to mess around alot.im current looking at the Xray 808 and the Mugen mbx6 eco.Is nitro as hard to maintain as it sounds?
Old 12-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by TheFastest-
The guy at the hobby shop talked me into the Traxxas because it is waterproof so they say and it was my 1st car,im using it to mess around at the house and go to the track to mess around alot.im current looking at the Xray 808 and the Mugen mbx6 eco.Is nitro as hard to maintain as it sounds?
Nitro is not easy .... well it can be but if your not mechanicaly inclined it can be a real PITA .... or if you get a picky engine I spent an entire summer racing and never got it tuned to finish a race had lots lf guys help to would get it all tuned up and half way thru the qual all hell would break loose lol. I have switched over completly to electric.

And nothing will compare to your bandit ... 1/8th are all 4wd way more expensive and way more buggy but TONS more fun. Are you going to race or Bash?
Old 12-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I had an Ike and Tina relationship with nitro ...

And I wasn't Ike
Old 12-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Nitro is not easy .... well it can be but if your not mechanicaly inclined it can be a real PITA .... or if you get a picky engine I spent an entire summer racing and never got it tuned to finish a race had lots lf guys help to would get it all tuned up and half way thru the qual all hell would break loose lol. I have switched over completly to electric.

And nothing will compare to your bandit ... 1/8th are all 4wd way more expensive and way more buggy but TONS more fun. Are you going to race or Bash?
Race at the track,and mess aroun at the house.Is Traxxas an entry evel car?How much could i get for my Bandit VXL now,used and pretty good condition.?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Race at the track,and mess aroun at the house.Is Traxxas an entry evel car?How much could i get for my Bandit VXL now,used and pretty good condition.?
Traxxas is an entry level car or great for bashing .... not sure how much a used Bandit would go for ... all depends on how good it looks in pictures. I just got $75 for a used Rustler roller which is close to a bandit just the ST version.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Traxxas is an entry level car or great for bashing .... not sure how much a used Bandit would go for ... all depends on how good it looks in pictures. I just got $75 for a used Rustler roller which is close to a bandit just the ST version.
Its the whole thing though,control motor,all electronics and extra parts.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Its the whole thing though,control motor,all electronics and extra parts.
Probably around $60 or $70 shipped.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
Probably around $60 or $70 shipped.
Its everything that came with it new and its only been driven 5 times includes all maals extra parts.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Its everything that came with it new and its only been driven 5 times includes all maals extra parts.
Yes you have said that ... what we are saying is you probably wont get over $75 for it maybe $100 if you find someone new who does not know any better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.