Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tire Treatment, input needed! >

Tire Treatment, input needed!

Tire Treatment, input needed!

Old 12-15-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tire Treatment, input needed!

Hey everyone, Dave from Rocket Tire Services, I am in need of your serious input. I would like to know how much treatment you think is sufficient for your RC tires (4oz, 8oz, 12oz, 16oz?)? I usually sell quarts and gallons here in the kart/car industry, but knowing that the tires are a million times smaller you don't need that much chemical at once.

Let me know what you guys think, its greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team RTS
Hey everyone, Dave from Rocket Tire Services, I am in need of your serious input. I would like to know how much treatment you think is sufficient for your RC tires (4oz, 8oz, 12oz, 16oz?)? I usually sell quarts and gallons here in the kart/car industry, but knowing that the tires are a million times smaller you don't need that much chemical at once.

Let me know what you guys think, its greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Dave

4 or 8oz with a dauber top like you find on a bingo dauber...
Old 12-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Indeed, 4 to 8oz. Please no spray bottle, remember that we treat the tires on the table we work and even eat at!
A dauber top is perfect, a brush fixed in the cap is ok-isch.

Are you going to put something new on the R/C market?

Benjamin
Old 12-15-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

New to RC, yes, new to racing, No. I have been racing for 14 years, karts, legends cars, and dirt late models. Our chemicals have been proven in those areas, and I want to bring something better than what is available already for RC racers. Something that will NOT dry out the tires, and something that will give the tires bite throughout the entire run of your main, heat, or practice.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Wutya got goin? I diesel m2's and harder and make them m4's to 5's even in like 20 mins...lil smelly but simple green helps and im in the oil business anyways so lil diesel doesnt bother me...lol
Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oilguy
Wutya got goin? I diesel m2's and harder and make them m4's to 5's even in like 20 mins...lil smelly but simple green helps and im in the oil business anyways so lil diesel doesnt bother me...lol
What your using may not be bothering you, but it sure is killing your tires.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

sounds great. When do u plan on making tire products for the rc community? Thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

What your using may not be bothering you, but it sure is killing your tires.
Hows that? They love it and i just wear em out anyways... Wut do u suggest?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

I read somethin online about soakin in a bag in some sort of meat marinade im debating tryin cuz xtr compound prolines will swell in diesel....im very open and interested in any ideas anyone else has!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hows that? They love it and i just wear em out anyways... Wut do u suggest?
Conditioners would be best for rubber, or for lower bite tracks, conditioners with bite agents, which is what my Shark Bite Medium is.

Gas, Diesel, and kerosine will all dry out the tires, as you said you just wear them out, but how long does it take you to do so? Diesel is speeding up that process, so if your using them for 3 races, you probably would be able to get a good 6-8 out of the same set if you were to use a conditioner.

The chemicals are already made, just need to get containers for them, that's why I was asking so that I could get the racers input as to what they were prefer.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Conditioners would be best for rubber, or for lower bite tracks, conditioners with bite agents, which is what my Shark Bite Medium is.

Gas, Diesel, and kerosine will all dry out the tires, as you said you just wear them out, but how long does it take you to do so? Diesel is speeding up that process, so if your using them for 3 races, you probably would be able to get a good 6-8 out of the same set if you were to use a conditioner.

The chemicals are already made, just need to get containers for them, that's why I was asking so that I could get the racers input as to what they were prefer.

3 races....lol...i wish....im set of tires per club race person pretty much unless im runnin a average tire....id personally prefer a bottle like buggy grip maybe...i use a toothbrush and just dunk it and apply over and over....im lookin forward to the release of wut youve got cooked up greatly!!! Lets face it everyone wants super softs, but when i can buy m2's on ebay for $3 pr im in!! Just treat it and beat it! . I live in the N.W. and our tracks are the most disgustingly abrasive s.o.b. youve ever seen so holeshots and gridirons dont last long but they are hooked when there new!!! Is ur stuff available now? Say in any ole, not special container? Idc wut its in tbh cuz toothbrush fits in anything..
Old 12-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

3 races....lol...i wish....im set of tires per club race person pretty much unless im runnin a average tire....id personally prefer a bottle like buggy grip maybe...i use a toothbrush and just dunk it and apply over and over....im lookin forward to the release of wut youve got cooked up greatly!!! Lets face it everyone wants super softs, but when i can buy m2's on ebay for $3 pr im in!! Just treat it and beat it! . I live in the N.W. and our tracks are the most disgustingly abrasive s.o.b. youve ever seen so holeshots and gridirons dont last long but they are hooked when there new!!! Is ur stuff available now? Say in any ole, not special container? Idc wut its in tbh cuz toothbrush fits in anything..
I actually use the toothbrush method myself, my tires seem to like the comfort of the oral-B, how about yours? LOL

Yes, my tire treatments are available now.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

How bout that...weve got some awfully picky tires wanted oral b's! . Cant even be happy with a crest complete....is there different strengths, and how much $? Idc wut u put it in and would just want proper instructions is all...
Old 12-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

PM me on here, or email me at [email protected] and we will talk about it further.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Oh, and just to let everyone know, I do have paypal setup. I know that's how 95% of people like to do transactions today, however for the other 5% that still like Money Orders, we do them as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.