Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Basher Recommendations >

Basher Recommendations

Basher Recommendations

Old 12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Basher Recommendations

Please give me some recommendations for a good basher that fits my budget of $250 (absolute max).

* I like the idea of a smaller vehicle that I could mess around with in the house (long hallways and big family room).

* I'd like it to be able to get through grass although it won't spend a ton of time in it.

* My entire side yard is rock, like 1" to 2" rocks, so being able to manage through there is a plus but it wouldn't spend much time there.

* I like the idea of driving it in the snow / rain / puddles.

* It will drive mostly on dirt, pavement, grass, carpet.

None of those things are a must have. If there is an awesome vehicle out there that doesn't do one of those things particularly well, I could over look that.

I've been fighting myself between the Mini E-Revo and the Mini 8ight although I'm not dead set on either. I'm also not against getting a 1/10 although driving in the house would be an issue.

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For a basher I would go with the mini e-revo.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I guess I should also mention that I would like to take it to my local 1/10 track and mess around with it every once in a while.

I've heard that the Merv tends to break a lot. I do like the fact that it's water proof but I heard you will need to sink quite a bit of money into it to turn it into a good basher. I know the shock caps like to break on the M8 but I don't intend to be brutal with this thing. I don't like driving around my 22 anywhere besides the track so I want to get this to fill that need to drive. The only thing the Merv seems to have over the M8 seems to be the fact that it's water proof.

Again, I'm not limiting myself to these two vehicles, but these were just some I was looking at. Heck, I would go 1/8 if the reasoning was good enough and it fit in my budget (which I know it won't).
Old 12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the mini 8ight and I love it. yes there are some issues, the shock ends and caps are weak, I replaces my shock ends with traxxas parts and they haven't had any issues there. The MERV is too unstable due to its high center of gravity and is likely to flip all the time. also the mini 8ight is a nice straight forward simple design, similar to 1/8 scale buggies, everythign is mounted to a single aluminum chassis.