Cheap power systems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap power systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
What would you recommend for a 17.5 in 2wd sc?
a hobby wing 60 A paired with a leopard 17.5 sensored motor.Or the new Justock 17.5 combo

http://www.nitrorcx.com/07e-c-xerun-60a-sd.html

http://www.nitrorcx.com/77p-lbwr3650-17-5t-2250kv.html

http://www.nitrorcx.com/07e-combo-js5.html

the justock would be mychoice if all I raced was blinky 17.5, but i do race places where they allow speedo timing still so i run the 60 a speedo since it has timing adjust in the speedo.Right now i am running an orion 17.5 that has abut 3 seasons of dirt racing on it with the 60 a and its just as competitive as anything else out there on the track.

I would recommend the budget 60a 17.5 system(yellow speedo) i posted a couple pages back but I dont have the one i ordered in my hands yet.. so as soon as i confirm what it is and how it performs I will post and let folks know
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i'm running speed passion boosted software in my xerun and i love it . the best thing is there is 4 or so different firmware in the package . if i want to race stock blinky it will take literally 5 minutes and i'm ready to go .
boosted 8.5 rips !!!!!!!!!!!!
hobbywing rules . i know heaps of guys running the ezrun with no bad results . i have noticed in the last few months price has risen a little .
Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

so, which of the systems out there matches the most to the speed passion GT2.0 line? This would need to take the speed passion software updates without issue.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
What would you recommend for a 17.5 in 2wd sc?
35 amp with 17.5 ezrun, i have it in case i run stock class geared, 30/88 in my blitz. i run the 60a/8.5 combo geared 25/88 and it is crazy fast and cool. temps are in the 130's. these are the best deal in rc today.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been out of electric for... let's say more than ten years, been racing nitro for a few years. I raced a friends 1/10 buggy a few times, and I'm confident I'm quick enough to handle something competitive... I just don't know what!

Point is the wife let slip she has gotten me an AE B4 (She knew 2WD was my class). But I have zero idea where to start with motor and ESC... a combo in the $200 range would be sweet while I get my feet wet.

Any ideas? Bear in mind, I read through this thread and it is all greek to me. I gather censored is the way to go with 2WD (Last time I owned and raced it was brushed and NiCad!).

Any guidance appreciated!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IanWright
I have been out of electric for... let's say more than ten years, been racing nitro for a few years. I raced a friends 1/10 buggy a few times, and I'm confident I'm quick enough to handle something competitive... I just don't know what!

Point is the wife let slip she has gotten me an AE B4 (She knew 2WD was my class). But I have zero idea where to start with motor and ESC... a combo in the $200 range would be sweet while I get my feet wet.

Any ideas? Bear in mind, I read through this thread and it is all greek to me. I gather censored is the way to go with 2WD (Last time I owned and raced it was brushed and NiCad!).

are you planning on running stock or mod??really doesnt matter can get you into a nice 60a sensored system(will handle down to a 6.5 no problem) for around$100, or a 120a mod system for around $120..
Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

i'm running xerun 60a 10.5 combo in a b4 , no problems , but i did find it lacked a little power . i then bought the lcd box for $23 and loaded the sp 303 stock firmware to the speedy . no gearing changes and ive gained at a geuss 15kmh in a straight line and heaps of punch , this is with moderate boost . i could wind it up more but anymore would be impractical . i'm honestly blown away at the difference
Old 12-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I gather censored is the way to go with 2WD (Last time I owned and raced it was brushed and NiCad!).
Don't go with a censored 2WD, because you won't hear when they swear.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

What is the latest updated firmware for the SP? All I could find was old 2010 s/w.

Originally Posted by gogi108
i'm running speed passion boosted software in my xerun and i love it . the best thing is there is 4 or so different firmware in the package . if i want to race stock blinky it will take literally 5 minutes and i'm ready to go .
boosted 8.5 rips !!!!!!!!!!!!
hobbywing rules . i know heaps of guys running the ezrun with no bad results . i have noticed in the last few months price has risen a little .
Old 12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

All this talk of these esc's make me want to try one in my 22T when I get it. I haven't tryed one but I always hear good things about them. I was planning on spending over $250 for a system but might just try this esc to see how it holds up.

What would be a good one to run stock blinky class and then be able to switch over to mod if I wanted to run that one day?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
All this talk of these esc's make me want to try one in my 22T when I get it. I haven't tryed one but I always hear good things about them. I was planning on spending over $250 for a system but might just try this esc to see how it holds up.

What would be a good one to run stock blinky class and then be able to switch over to mod if I wanted to run that one day?
i'm running a 60a xerun in my xxxtcr , ive updated to sp firmware as i was going to run 17.5 blinky , one of the racers advised that the sp firmware was the way to go , i downloaded the firmware , in the "package" there was 2mod updates , boosted 303 stock , and blinky , maybe something else . i had been reading about boosted and decided to run the 303 and haven't looked back .
Old 12-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coelacanth
Don't go with a censored 2WD, because you won't hear when they swear.
Doh ****!

A question... is firmware just a drag and drop thing or is it a PC program (I use Macs.)?

Also I'm thinking modified.

Last edited by IanWright; 12-23-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Company Representative

Could I be allowed to put in a good word for Novak's American-manufactured electronics? We make our BL, sensored controllers and motors here in our Irvine factory, employing American workers. Therefore, we can't offer the cheapest electronics, but we do offer fast support for our customers and have a full customer service and tech support team. We attend races and are always here to help.

We have been in business over 33 years and designed the first MOSFET-based electronic ESC as well as the first sensored BL motor and esc for ROAR-type racing. Many of the advances in both BL motor and ESC technology have originated with Novak's design team. (If we didn't innovate, they couldn't duplicate.)

We offer comprehensive, and unmatched, Trade-In and Legacy Lifetime programs so that our customers can always trade in old Novak items for our newest products at a considerable discount. In addition, we design our electronics to be mostly user-repairable, or completely re-buildable, and distribute a huge selection of after-market service items and repair parts---and make sure they are always available.

We maintain a factory-RMF store, where most of our current items are priced at a steep discount and come with a new factory warranty. We also designed a complete line of affordable, sensored combos, unmatched in price, or features, by any other American manufacturer. These are some of the points that we would like you to consider when making Your new electronics purchase.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I can vouch for novaks remanufactured products. I have bought a few motors from them and have had no issues at all
Old 12-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Doh ****!

A question... is firmware just a drag and drop thing or is it a PC program (I use Macs.)?

Also I'm thinking modified.
It is a programming box thing but you do need winblows to get the SW onto the box. Use parallels or VMware with a copy of winblows for times like these.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.