Wiki Posts
Search

any manuals on rebuilding an engine and diff? rc10b3

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default any manuals on rebuilding an engine and diff? rc10b3

Hey guys,

Im new to the website, this being my first post. So here it goes...

I have an RC10B3... the slipper clutch is slipping, the diff. is slipping, and the engine could use a rebuild. I think the engine is a buddy wild modified, kinwald or something like that?

Wondering if you guys knew a tutorial online for it? maybe somebody wants to write one up? I dono..

Thanks guys,

Josh
Old 12-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A link to the rc10t3 (for some reason the b3 manual would not open for me) manual it will tell you how to fix the transmission.

http://download.teamassociated.com/p...rt3_manual.pdf

You can clean the slipper pad with a scotch brite pad although it is best to just replace it. Also when you replace the pad replace the 5-40 lock nut (part # 6629) and the thrust bearing washer (#6594)

I like to clean the diff gear with Elmer’s sticky out it cuts through grease and does not hurt the gears and it does not irritate skin. Also WD40 is a great cleaner for the rest of the car.

When rebuilding the diff you should replace the thrust washers (part #6573) and balls (#6574), the diff rings (#9367) that is usually all but every 3 or so rebuilds replace the carbide diff balls (#6581), t-nut (#6575) and diff gear (#9365) also.