Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C Short Course/Other shortcourse

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The kyosho sc-r is an awesome sc truck alot of guys run them at my local track but the sc10 is a realy nice ride too.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default ts2

This truck is amazing on the track a guy at my track bought the pro roller kit last Wednesday built it at the track and entered it in the sc points series race that night never had it on the track until the first qualifier threw an 8.5 in it and finished second over all that night in the points series and I might mention he had never owned a sc yet box stock set up and really for what you get in the box with the pro roller kit the other trucks are no contest especially for the money go for it you won't have any complaints.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

How about just a site where you can find out information and pictures that are larger than thumbnail?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperdesigns
I see your in MI... where? i race at alot of tracks in MI and IN. Ill let you drive my sc and you can judge for yourself.
I am running some carpet off-road in hillsdale for this winter, maybe some trips to washtenaw for a dirt fix or 2..I have driven one, and they do handle nice.But having some freinds that ran for TQ when this was their platform I know what issues the platform has.Also having produced hop-ups for the car (did some machine work on some idler gears when the first few batches of TQ cars were problematic)I am familiar with its build quality.For the price its a decent ride for sure.Awesome for an experienced racer who has his mechanical skills in order.But knowing the abuse that a newb will dish out I still have to recomend the Tank..For someone new to the hobby that is exactly what they need till they get their sea legs so to speak.Something that will take a hit that would cripple most race-bred trucks and keep on going..That is what keeps newbs interested until the mechanical end of things is not so overwhelming for them.Seen new guys show up at the track with the stuff their racer buddies say they just have to get only to not come back after a race day or 2 because they found the experience more frustrating than fun because their gear was better than their skill at that point, and wouldnt take the abuse that newbs dish out to it.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys at my local track swear by the kyosho sc-r go with what your lhs carries makes it easier on ya
Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperdesigns
A simple mod to front shock tower solves all kick plate issues!
I'm about to order my Team C short course, but I've always ran associated so this truck will be new to me and i dont know much about them. What is the "simple mod" to the front shock tower that has to be done?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default Team C

The shock tower mod is easy to do but the best mod in my opinion is just buying the front rpm sc10 bumper and ovaling the holes out a little and it won't break again let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beazer30801
The shock tower mod is easy to do but the best mod in my opinion is just buying the front rpm sc10 bumper and ovaling the holes out a little and it won't break again let me know if I can be of any help.
Sorry the post is getting a little off topic, but is buying the RPM bumper the same as doing the shock tower mod?