Search
Like Tree9Likes

Team C USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

thank you joe,

rctech needs threads like these also, the access to factory teams, and representatives is what makes this site great. the problem is, it is a fine line between access an advertising....i am lenient on this stuff more than i should be, but i felt i needed to deal with the other threads....

enjoy your day and thank you for your understanding..
Old 11-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocktechRC
hey charlie what are you using for mounts at the shock tower on that pic? thanks
well i had a extra plastic front shock tower that i cut the middle section out of so the mounting holes would line up with bumper support. drill 2 holes on top and use longer 3mm bolts to go through block, shock tower into bumper support. use 2 Teamc turn buckles and 4 captured ball ends. drill 2 hole in the curved section of chassis. adjust turnbuckles to fit.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default shock tower mod

heres a pic of the extra shock tower that i cut the section from to make the turnbuckle mount. 3 cuts. use the piece that you cut out and drill 2 hole on top for turnbuckles

Old 11-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperdesigns
heres a pic of the extra shock tower that i cut the section from to make the turnbuckle mount. 3 cuts. use the piece that you cut out and drill 2 hole on top for turnbuckles

Are you running on a 8th scale track ? Sorry to ask but I am having trouble understanding how people are busting the front end of the truck ??

Maybe just too slow or something lol.

regardless, great mod and looks like it would last forever
Old 11-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mc4798
Are you running on a 8th scale track ? Sorry to ask but I am having trouble understanding how people are busting the front end of the truck ??

Maybe just too slow or something lol.

regardless, great mod and looks like it would last forever

not so much 1/8 scale tracks but we do have pretty good size jumps. its more like michigan cold winters and our indoor tracks are 40-50 degs which makes the plastic a little more brittle. Comin up short on a big double or triple would break the kick plate. have not broke one since i made the mod
Old 11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

not so much 1/8 scale tracks but we do have pretty good size jumps. its more like michigan cold winters and our indoor tracks are 40-50 degs which makes the plastic a little more brittle. Comin up short on a big double or triple would break the kick plate. have not broke one since i made the mod
Understand now. Never even thought about your location.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default sc gearing

I have a quick question? Will the associated spur gear and pads go straight on the team c cars? I have some spurs laying around to get down in the 78 range.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stu541
I have a quick question? Will the associated spur gear and pads go straight on the team c cars? I have some spurs laying around to get down in the 78 range.
You'd have to ream the ID of the spur. Go slow until it fits. Shave or mill the OD of the slipper hub to 1.22 inches. You can also shave the OD of the slipper spring perch to .266 if you want to use the V2 slipper spring. I use a 25mm screw with two 3mm locknuts with NO FLANGE with the nylock side facing each other cuz that end fits inside the center and holds the slipper plate tight and flat. Insert slipper plate, put 3mm screw into a dremel, and run it across a file until Im at the correct size. Homemade handheld lathe.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default you want to move block up...

Originally Posted by Romsey
OK then - a shame we can't see the other thread any longer, it was becoming a good read.

I really like wheelin these cars, the 2wd has heaps of rear end grip, so much so I need to find steering. And the 4wd is fun and planted on our track.

I had my T4 and TC2 (with the Evo longer chassis) out on the weekend. Was able to generate more steering on TC2 Evo by removing some droop from the front suspension.

JFuel11 - I see you've sanded the steering blocks and shimmed them 1/2mm in your setup. Do you mean half a mm or 1 to 2mm?

Did you sand the bottom and bring the steering lower or sand the top and shim up higher?

Also has anyone found good replacement diff thrust race balls for the T4 and TC2?

Thanks
You can sand the top of the steering block so you can place a shimmer under the steering block to move it up in the caster block. I used 1 0.5mm spacer. This will greatly improve the on power steering. You can also remove front droop but at some point you will start to loose rear grip off the corner. I really like how the steering block mod feels with the EVO chassis upgrade.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default you want to move block up...

Originally Posted by Romsey
OK then - a shame we can't see the other thread any longer, it was becoming a good read.

I really like wheelin these cars, the 2wd has heaps of rear end grip, so much so I need to find steering. And the 4wd is fun and planted on our track.

I had my T4 and TC2 (with the Evo longer chassis) out on the weekend. Was able to generate more steering on TC2 Evo by removing some droop from the front suspension.

JFuel11 - I see you've sanded the steering blocks and shimmed them 1/2mm in your setup. Do you mean half a mm or 1 to 2mm?

Did you sand the bottom and bring the steering lower or sand the top and shim up higher?

Also has anyone found good replacement diff thrust race balls for the T4 and TC2?

Thanks
You can sand the top of the steering block so you can place a shim under the steering block to move it up in the caster block. I used 1 0.5mm spacer. This will greatly improve the on power steering. You can also remove front droop but at some point you will start to loose rear grip off the corner. I really like how the steering block mod feels with the EVO chassis upgrade.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Team C new factory driver Ian Haley managed a clean sweep at Gladstone's very tough track.

Qualifying Round 1:
Right from the first laps of practice with the granitic sand type track still slippery it was evident that the T8T was really on pace. The only Truggy to run 15 laps and with a lap time some 0.8 clear of the rest round 1 was in the bag.

Qualifying Round 2:
This was a challenging round with others beginning to match the pace it came down to a clean 10 minute run and thanks to the very economical JS Racing TX 521R and Nitro-X HP 173 fuel, no fuel stop.
The consistency 0.64, round 2 won and with it TQ

Qualifying Round 3:
The track had begun to break up badly in the 30 degree sunshine, and so with some minor setup changes to the T8T
and a change from the VP Pro medium flexx tyre to the Low flexx another round was won.

A Main Final:
Haley`s ever reliable combination and one less fuel stop than others, thanks to the JS and his partner Debbie, quickest with the fuel gun! Team C has its first major win in Australia.

1) Ian HALEY - VP PRO, NITRO-X, JS RACING / TEAM C T8T
2) Shane FREIBERG - Mild to Wild Rc, M2C Racing, Hobbies Aus. Hotbodies AKA
3) Ben ANDERSON - RC-MAD / Southern Cross Hobbies / Mugen MBX6T OS
4) Rob CAMPBELL - RRCCC / Losi 8T 2.0 / JS 23
5) Steve BOYER - GMRCCC / Chucky Motor Sports / Mugen MBX6T
6) James HOWE - MRCCC / Mugen MBX6T / Alpha
7) Gavin MILLS - GMRCCC
8) Corey ANDERSON - MRCCC / Hong Nor / Novarossi
9) Sumo SURASAK - RC-MAD / sumo`s glass / MBX6T / Werks b6
10) Scott HUMBERSTONE - GMRCCC / Mugen MBX6T / Alpha

Great job Ian!!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Way to go Ian! The T8T has obviously passed the final pre-production testing. We can't wait for it to arrive in the US.

Originally Posted by lowlife88
Team C new factory driver Ian Haley managed a clean sweep at Gladstone's very tough track.

Qualifying Round 1:
Right from the first laps of practice with the granitic sand type track still slippery it was evident that the T8T was really on pace. The only Truggy to run 15 laps and with a lap time some 0.8 clear of the rest round 1 was in the bag.

Qualifying Round 2:
This was a challenging round with others beginning to match the pace it came down to a clean 10 minute run and thanks to the very economical JS Racing TX 521R and Nitro-X HP 173 fuel, no fuel stop.
The consistency 0.64, round 2 won and with it TQ

Qualifying Round 3:
The track had begun to break up badly in the 30 degree sunshine, and so with some minor setup changes to the T8T
and a change from the VP Pro medium flexx tyre to the Low flexx another round was won.

A Main Final:
Haley`s ever reliable combination and one less fuel stop than others, thanks to the JS and his partner Debbie, quickest with the fuel gun! Team C has its first major win in Australia.

1) Ian HALEY - VP PRO, NITRO-X, JS RACING / TEAM C T8T
2) Shane FREIBERG - Mild to Wild Rc, M2C Racing, Hobbies Aus. Hotbodies AKA
3) Ben ANDERSON - RC-MAD / Southern Cross Hobbies / Mugen MBX6T OS
4) Rob CAMPBELL - RRCCC / Losi 8T 2.0 / JS 23
5) Steve BOYER - GMRCCC / Chucky Motor Sports / Mugen MBX6T
6) James HOWE - MRCCC / Mugen MBX6T / Alpha
7) Gavin MILLS - GMRCCC
8) Corey ANDERSON - MRCCC / Hong Nor / Novarossi
9) Sumo SURASAK - RC-MAD / sumo`s glass / MBX6T / Werks b6
10) Scott HUMBERSTONE - GMRCCC / Mugen MBX6T / Alpha

Great job Ian!!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

wish there was a e-truggy class in our area but its hard enough even get enough 1/8e- buggies to have a class
Old 11-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

wish there was a e-truggy class in our area but its hard enough even get enough 1/8e- buggies to have a class
it seems like truggy has died out a little around here
Old 11-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

In th Midwest there has been a pretty big fall in 8th and a huge increase in 10th...2wd is making a huge comeback here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.