Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you use ERBE springs on a slash's shocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Can you use ERBE springs on a slash's shocks

I am in the process of starting a build towards my very own slash/6b and i am having a hard time finding a sufficiently stiff spring for the stock shocks.

Now i HAVE managed to find hot racing springs for the jato/erbe/summit/GTR shocks with the correct stiffness. But the question now is can i use the springs on the stock ultra shocks, i have already managed to find that the length is insufficient to just swap them out shock and all, but would it fit with a bit (or a lot) of preload? Ideally i'd like to keep this somewhat budget friendly so just swapping out with a set of compatible springs would be ideal!

(i conversed with TheJang regarding what he was using and he said something around 7ish lb/inch would be ideal but he couldnt be more exact then that since the ones he used were both progressive and from a pretty old truck...)
Old 11-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You probably want to stick with Jato springs if your deadset on a short/wide spring. Revo springs are pretty stiff.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

All i care about is the spring rate it's just that they are the only ones i have found commercial in that rating so my question is will they fit?

I know erbes and such use the gtr shocks along with the jato so hence me using this thread
Old 11-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

No they wont fit , the Ultra shocks are longer (as you know) and are smaller diameter if I remember correctly .

I would look for stiff springs for the T/E MAXX , here are some progressive springs .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Maxx-E-Max...item564709b849

More
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Maxx-E-Max...item5647299ec8

Some 8.5 lb springs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-MAXX-TMAXX...item3efa067543
Old 11-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Now this is service! I actually looked at the difference (had a buddy on another forum measure the erbe springs) the difference in diameter is only about a mill and a half, which while annoying would by no means be game breaking... As for the length you could have conceivably solved that with preload but this is a pretty great alternative if i do say so myself!

*clicks the link* bummer that you need to buy a pack of 8 but its a good alternative to keep in mind... Should probably still be cheaper then experimenting, the rc boyz one looks particularly good (I'm rechecking with jang what the approximate rating on those springs is) Thanks bro!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Just so other people in the future can find this info (i hate it when people just go "NVM i solved it" without telling people how...

The ID of a GTR spring is about 17.5mm versus the 16.5-17ish on my losi springs (which are a drop in replacement for the slash) length is different between 44+-2 mm on the GTR shock springs versus the 50-75 mm springs on the ultra shocks but you can solve that by either adding more preload or coming up with some kind of double-spring-per-shock system analogous to those pro-line protrack shocks...