Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
EXT2 Motor Upgrade... >

EXT2 Motor Upgrade...

EXT2 Motor Upgrade...

Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default EXT2 Motor Upgrade...

Awaiting the arrival of my EXT2.. From the video's I've watched, I felt the factory 20t motor wasn't what I was after. So I went ahead and ordered a Venom Fireball 13t motor... I see that with this motor people either HATE them or LOVE them.. That is not my question... What else *may* need adjusting/changing with the addition of this 13t motor? Factory gearing ok? 81/23 is factory correct?? Help me out here people!! Back into the hobby for the first time since around 2000 when I had a Losi XXT Graphite Plus and 1,000,000 parts & tools for it.. Starting from scratch yet again haha... Thank you for your time and knowledge...
Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The motor is too low of a wind for the stock esc. You could pick up a cheap losi esc from a desert truck that is rated down to 12t for about 30 dollars U.S
Old 11-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So the gearing is ok from the factory. Only an esc upgrade is necessary?? In the meantime, just pay attention to the temp. of my factory esc??