Wiki Posts
Search

HPI APACHE SC FLUX

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking HPI APACHE SC FLUX

hello all i was thinking about getting my blitz a big brother and this looks fun, was looking for input as to if anyone has or has driven one, and what the reliabilty is compared to the blitz. i know hpi makes cool stuff and for the same price as the rtr losi 4x4 sc truck i think its a good deal but i wanted to know some pros and cons on it. thanks all
Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I just bought an HPI Apache SC Flux from HobbyTownUSA yesterday. First impressions: it is large and heavy. I bought 2 Venom 5000 30c's to go with it. So far I get about 30 min. of run time. First run: I did not like the way this truck handled in jumps. It is nose heavy even when throttle is used in air (4WD). As I got it yesterday, I am still working on this problem. Suspension seems to need to be very stiff or else it will sag because of it's weight. So, suspension settings need to be adjusted (oil, springs). Tires are too hard. They harden the sidewall. The tires don't have much cushion. Need to be replaced at the same time of suspension overhaul. The body bends and gets in the way when driving rough. These problems are not that bad. You could find these issues with many rc's. It is a very fast truck, it'll do donuts forever. It is also tough. I was doing up to 10 rolls in some of my bashing and some 3 foot jumps, and nothing negative happened. It has huge front/rear bumpers that seem to be effective. I initially went into the shop to buy a kit. But then I figured it to over a grand. That is when I chose a RTR; this one. The price was $550, but with two batteries that it requires (25c or higher), it ended up being around $700. I like it a lot. My previous truck was a Traxxas Nitro Stampede.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got one for my GF with the way it's setup in stock form won't turn great on a track. With 100,000 weight oil in front and center diff don't help shock oil setup not too bad. Stock tires are hard will last long time. Why do most think RTR have race winning setup but if it did most likely it won't like your driving stlye
Old 06-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hmmm maybe i should just buy one of these because it is plenty big but i want a 5sc flux
Old 06-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

It takes the abuse my GF puts it through shes just learning. Funny she thought it would be easy LOL well I make it look easy makes her mad
Old 06-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Watch your dog bones. Most have had issues with them popping out and or bending very easily.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

I haven't had any problems with my apache sc, yet. Here's a little size comparison: Apache Sc vs. Nitro Stampede. I still love my nitro.
Attached Thumbnails HPI APACHE SC FLUX-793.jpg