Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Sensor or non sensor >

Sensor or non sensor

Sensor or non sensor

Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
If I recall correctly by turning down the exponential, you are making it softer on the low end before it ramps up at the top right? (ie- going from a linear to a more curved range?)

Basing this off of what I saw last night when setting up my ESC and the exponential for steering, concept I would think the same as for break.

I would think that since you are turning down the responsiveness at the low end, that is affecting the sensorless setup possibly that its not getting enough input from your trigger pull to know to, well, go.

Are you trying to calm it down (ie- less torque)?

If so,maybe play with your punch control settings on the ESC if it has them instead of the exponential.

If I am off on what I am saying I appologize, going off of what I remember from last time, which, after watching the vikings getting crushed and 12 beers later, isn't much.
I think that's right because if you want the hit to be calm you adjust punch
Old 11-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cain
If I recall correctly by turning down the exponential, you are making it softer on the low end before it ramps up at the top right? (ie- going from a linear to a more curved range?)

Basing this off of what I saw last night when setting up my ESC and the exponential for steering, concept I would think the same as for break.

I would think that since you are turning down the responsiveness at the low end, that is affecting the sensorless setup possibly that its not getting enough input from your trigger pull to know to, well, go.

Are you trying to calm it down (ie- less torque)?

If so,maybe play with your punch control settings on the ESC if it has them instead of the exponential.

If I am off on what I am saying I appologize, going off of what I remember from last time, which, after watching the vikings getting crushed and 12 beers later, isn't much.

Yes i was trying to calm down the torque because the track i was running on was pretty dry. I think i lowered the throttle expo to much its set to -3 to-4 .

But come next year im using the programmer on my computer to do other things.

Yea that was a painfull football game to watch i turned it off .
Old 11-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

The first brushless set up i raced with was the CC sidwinder and 4600kv motor. It worked good but my track was also dusty, especially between race days when i would practice. The programability of these esc's really helped make it better for the truck and track. I never really experianced unsmooth starts with the CC esc's in sensorless, but sensored is WAY smoother at lower speeds, you can crawl with sensored. This year I am running a sensored Novak motor and the CC MMP. If i had to choose between the sensored or sensorless i would lean toward the sensored. Having the capeablility of boosting the timing when you need it rather than having your timing always up on the motor really keeps the motor cool agnd gives long run times.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by brsilva
The first brushless set up i raced with was the CC sidwinder and 4600kv motor. It worked good but my track was also dusty, especially between race days when i would practice. The programability of these esc's really helped make it better for the truck and track. I never really experianced unsmooth starts with the CC esc's in sensorless, but sensored is WAY smoother at lower speeds, you can crawl with sensored. This year I am running a sensored Novak motor and the CC MMP. If i had to choose between the sensored or sensorless i would lean toward the sensored. Having the capeablility of boosting the timing when you need it rather than having your timing always up on the motor really keeps the motor cool agnd gives long run times.

Sounds good thats why im really leaning towards a sensored system to try out im looking at the Hobbywing Xerun combo since im on a budget and have not heard bad things about them.