Community
Wiki Posts
Search

clutch shoe reversal??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default clutch shoe reversal??

hey guys, i searched and searched, but couldn't find a thread that answered my question, so here goes. i took my hpi nitro mt2 to the track (not to race, because i'm just a newbie, but to observe, and maybe run it around the track when everyone was done) and it seemed pretty weak right off the line. the top end was great, and on the straightaway i think it was faster than the losi's and associated's and everything else out there. but i really wanted more bottom end, so one of the guys there told me to flip the clutch shoes over, so they would bite harder and faster. if i do this, will it damage my ride or anything like that?? i think the motor has the power, but it sounds like it's just not hooking up in the clutch.

PLEASE HELP!!! if anyone has done this, let me know...

thanx.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

It won't change how quickly the clutch engages, but the shoes will theoretically lock up harder. Basically all clutches of that design are set up trailing edge, because a tiny bit of slip in the clutch isn't a bad thing.

If you want better acceleration, trim a little bit of material off of the trailing edge of the shoe to lighten it.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

try to remove a little from the shoes like Aaron said or you can get a racing aluminium clutch .