Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

associated needs to step into the late 90's at least
Old 12-15-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
mrs413bt - At the same time, who is the current national champion? It's not the B4.

To each his or her own, but let's cut it out with the senseless posts.
Heya Aaron.

I hate to be the one to point this out, but the B4 is australian champ, amongst others. I mentioned world champ nothing else. Please keep ur pointless post to a minimum. I know u are a losi driver...........

I stated a fact, u need to remember the US does not equal the whole world

Glenn
Old 12-15-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Easy there sparky...
I think AAron was just pointing out that either car can seem superior from different standpoints. The B4 is Euro champ too, no body says it's a bad car (not even Team Losi).
Old 12-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the point of this arguement is that losi's 4wd is waaay better than associated's...
Old 12-15-2004, 10:04 AM

ae does not have a 4wd and if they did we would have shut down the worlds by winning two classes period
Old 12-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by tallyrc
the point of this arguement is that losi's 4wd is waaay better than associated's...
I thought the point of this was that AE doesn't even HAVE a 4wd....

//sorry, I just had to jab at that one. Couldn't resist.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Mr-s - I'm simply saying that winning one race does not make it the best car, because there will always be races where that car gets beat.

tc3isthebest - What would cause IFMAR to stop holding the World Championships if Associated won both classes? Losi did just that in 2002.

Seriously, use your head.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

People in the states do not understand how big the 4wd classes are over seas. Correct me if I am wrong but to Europeans (sp?) even know what a stadum truck is? I know that is a bit of a stretch but they drive 4wd cars like we drive trucks. Now if you look at the global market I have a hard time believeing there really is no market for this class of car. AE has to have another reason for not producing one. I think part had to to with the Team AE/Yok back in the day but that seems to be a thing of the past. AE now has a lot of experience with 4wd cars (sedan and now the 18T) so this will not be a complete stray from experience for them. I think the BJ and the X5 are great cars but they do not have the selling power of a Losi or AE or the ability to penetrate the market. Working in a hobby shop there is lots of interest in electric 4wd but with there not being very many options (and those that are out there tend to be pricey (XXX4 G+) they tend to look at other products. Having a 4wd RTR I think would sell just from talking to customers. Granted these things will not sell like 18T but that is not the topic. I also feel that the class would grow from the competition that an AE car would bring. At least in the states the Yok and Schu cars are very hard to find parts for. The BJ at least shares components with B4 so you can get some parts for it. The X-5 uses XX4 parts but those can even be hard to find. AE would be able to get the parts out there to support a car like Losi does. If it were not for both Losi and AE I am not sure where 2wd and truck racing would be today. I think we are just missing another super power in this class to make it explode.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

well, you other option in the states that you may want to take a look at is the Academy SB. MRC will send you what you want whether you are a LHS, Online retailer, or just an average joe. They do have a RTR model of the SB as well. Nothing crazy in that model ( its just the SB Sport with some starter gear ) but it will perform and will be quite fun.

As for AE, who knows, stranger things have happened.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

C'mon Kyosho!
Mark Pavidis just joined Kyosho and they're apparently commited to returning to competitive electric racing. Plus there is a rumor that Kyosho is leaving their long time distributor, Great Planes.
I don't know that second part for a fact so please correct me if any of you have any info.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

hey tc3,if ae had a 4wd they would have won that class too....when did masami start running offroad again...must have missed that
Old 12-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Cain-- I know about the SB. I also know that it needs some help to be truley competative. My point is that if AE made one you would reduce the need to special order parts. Most LHS carry a full line of AE parts so you do not need to order direct or make sure you have stock pile of parts in case you break. It is great that MRC is willing to sell to anyone who needs stuff but it is better to have it stocked at your LHS.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Haha, I feel it's best to have it stocked in my tool box!! And an extra parts truck/car. But ya, parts availability is a great thing.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Casper: As a sport vehicle, its going to need a few things to be race competitive.

After buying my vehicle, I picked up the few things it needed and it was very competitive with a total cost at or below $200 when all said in done.

Another nice thing is the parts are probably the most durable on a competitive 4wd buggy you will find.

For beginners into 4wd buggy racing, durability is a big plus.

I personally think there would be more interest in 4wd buggy racing if the class wasn't always a default to mod motor racing. Either stock or 19 turn would be great just like they do in 4wd touring car racing.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Driving 4wd for a couple years I understand why you would want to run mod. (stk can be pretty hurt in a 4wd. Not enough power! ) A 19T class would be fun but that first requires more then one heat of 4wd!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.