Community
Wiki Posts
Search

roof lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default roof lights

Well, I run my car at night sometimes and at times u are just going by sound to figure out where its at. Ive got LED bulbs (bought a bunch a few months ago) and decided im build my own roof rack of lights. I jump my car alot and the body gets abused as u can tell from the pics So i had to find something STRONG, looking around at my stuff I figured the best thing to use would been a rubber sanding block got a few of them so i figured id cut one up. drilled some holes, solered some wires to the leds and stuck them in. then screwed it to my body. not 100% sure how im going to power them yet might use a phone battery 3.6 volts or find a way to wire them to my lipo. here are the pics

Old 10-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Very nice! At first i thought you were to use the hole sanding block, knowing how heavy these are i almost stopped reading more of your post But this looks very good, i guess this can take some beating before it "gives up" And it also provide some roll over-protection when you move it over to a new body, which by the way seems not to be too long into the future
Old 10-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I found a piece of solid light weight plastic that I may try to modify into a better one. even though its just a chunk, it still weighs as much as my 5000mah lipo LOL yeah im trying to find a decent body for a cheap price. HA good luck to me