Search
Like Tree437Likes

Carpet Off-road Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mschumi101
I believe he is referring to the Pro-line Wedge tires for 2wd front. They are narrower than standard tires, so they require the rims to be cut down. They also do not require the use of foams. It is just this specific tire though for 2wd buggies. Other mini pin tires for 2wd front or other classes all use the full rim and foam inserts. If you are running 4wd buggy pro-line makes pin point front tires which use the full rim and foams. I am unsure whether they make pin points or wedges for other classes. Here is a link to the 2wd wedge tires:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Buggy-Tires-2
yeah that was about pro line wedges.

they have a super low profile so you need to take out limiters inside the shock in the front so you actually have droop.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Will the dBoots mini pins in B compound hook up well on carpet versus the A compound?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

they're softer so yes, but have more wear
Old 12-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks was wondering if maybe too soft and will just bend the pins over
Old 12-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Sometimes a softer pin tire will actully last longer than a harder one. When the sharp points get worn off a harder tire, they fall off really fast. But with a softer tire even when the points are gone the softer carcass will still grip.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by codeman
Will the dBoots mini pins in B compound hook up well on carpet versus the A compound?
yes they hook just as well and last a little longer. your talking bout the nanobite. atleast on 2wd buggy. infact ive run all the dboots b comp and some a comp as well.
the blockpass fronts work very well on 2wd buggy and 2wd sc i ran nanos up front and either terrabites or multibites in back. you do have to address the very soft sidewalls on the sc tires. seen guys stuff cut monter truck foams in them and even cut outer sidewalls off of old tires and glue um to the inside to prevent the tall sc tire wall from folding over on cornering. but the hook like crazy.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1911kevin
Thanks for the replies. I think the way I should approach this problem is to work on suspension tuning to keep the inside rear tire from lifting instead of trying to change diffs. There's a lot of jumps right after tight turns at the track I run so a very tight clutch is a must so you can clear the jumps with little to no run at them. High traction with a tight slipper and a mod motor just seems like it'll eat a ball diff in no time.
the rear inside wheel lifting in a turn is almost all to do with suspension set up and how much the front outside corner of the buggy dips.
i've solved this problem with raising the front ride height, stiffer front springs, heavier shock oil, laying the shocks down, lowering the rear end, dialing out some steering and driving a smoother line. If you look at my carpet cars you'd think i was crazy and wouldn't believe they work by how I have them set up.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:46 AM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When running indoor carpet of road are u able to use traction compound?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshoracer77
When running indoor carpet of road are u able to use traction compound?
you don't need traction compound if you're running minipins.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
you don't need traction compound if you're running minipins.
only time i use compound is on my 4wd when running a barcode type tread. or if your. tires are going south and no time to change b4 a heat lol. but i agree any dboot ive used never needed it. compound on minipins will turn um into slicks in like 2 heats.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by IntegraMark
the rear inside wheel lifting in a turn is almost all to do with suspension set up and how much the front outside corner of the buggy dips.
i've solved this problem with raising the front ride height, stiffer front springs, heavier shock oil, laying the shocks down, lowering the rear end, dialing out some steering and driving a smoother line. If you look at my carpet cars you'd think i was crazy and wouldn't believe they work by how I have them set up.
many guys change to a gear diff for carpet due to the high bite.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

^+1
Old 12-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mv91pony
many guys change to a gear diff for carpet due to the high bite.
yes, i'm one of them. I ran one ball diff on carpet and opted for the gear diff. haven't looked back.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1911kevin
Sometimes a softer pin tire will actully last longer than a harder one. When the sharp points get worn off a harder tire, they fall off really fast. But with a softer tire even when the points are gone the softer carcass will still grip.
Thanks guys, appreciated! Good to know. I wanted to try a b compound for the rears and a compound up front for a 2wd buggy. Was using Schumachers before as you can tell calling them mini pins haha I'll be using some AKA closed cell inserts. Hopefully stiff enough but also have the Proline closed cell blue inserts to compare
Old 12-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by codeman
Thanks guys, appreciated! Good to know. I wanted to try a b compound for the rears and a compound up front for a 2wd buggy. Was using Schumachers before as you can tell calling them mini pins haha I'll be using some AKA closed cell inserts. Hopefully stiff enough but also have the Proline closed cell blue inserts to compare
try the a comp blockpass fronts with blue 4wd buggy frnt proline inserts. b comp multies or terrabyts in the back. if ure racin on ozite type carpet there hooked up. seen this work on every buggy made at my track lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.