Wiki Posts
Search

T4.1 problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default T4.1 problems

I have a t4.1 and I just recently purchased some rpm wheels. they are the revolver and bully style. anyway, i glued tires and mounted them. the fronts hit the a arm when i turn the wheel all the way. I have a dx3s and i put the travel down to 65% before it stopped rubbing the a arm. I tryed spacing the wheels but when I put shims in it the wheel locks up and you cant spin the wheel. when I loosen the axle nut enough to spin the wheel the wheel itself becomes wobbly. this sux because i just spent over $100 on wheels and tires. has anyone else run into this and if so what is the fix?!?!?!?!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Suspended

:flam ing:: flaming::flami ng::f laming::flamin g:

Last edited by kaycerc; 10-09-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Satisfied.

So does the tire look up with the steering epa @100% when it hits the a-arm?

Last edited by Teammoose; 10-09-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teammoose
I would just like to remind everybody of something: you are not a moderator.

Get it? Got it? Good!

Now let's examine what this means. If you see something that you don't like, REPORT the post. If you see an obvious scam, that's fine -- call a spade a spade -- but please do not try to "police" these forums on your own. Our moderators are more than capable of locking, deleting, and censoring threads. However, they can only do this if a post gets REPORTED.

Thanks!

So does the tire look up with the steering epa @100% when it hits the a-arm?
"Our" moderators, who are you? One of the first things you read upon joining rctech is a highlighted post that tells you to ask questions in the forum it belongs to, before you start a new thread.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poptartninja
"Our" moderators, who are you? One of the first things you read upon joining rctech is a highlighted post that tells you to ask questions in the forum it belongs to, before you start a new thread.
I was copying and pasting the rule that says that.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slammin1984
I have a t4.1 and I just recently purchased some rpm wheels. they are the revolver and bully style. anyway, i glued tires and mounted them. the fronts hit the a arm when i turn the wheel all the way. I have a dx3s and i put the travel down to 65% before it stopped rubbing the a arm. I tryed spacing the wheels but when I put shims in it the wheel locks up and you cant spin the wheel. when I loosen the axle nut enough to spin the wheel the wheel itself becomes wobbly. this sux because i just spent over $100 on wheels and tires. has anyone else run into this and if so what is the fix?!?!?!?!
Are the wheels hitting the Arm or are they hitting the steering rod end? I know when I used RPM ball cups on my t4 I had to use the short length ball cups or the wheels would hit the ball cups on the steering linkage. I thought the "steering stops" would hit before the rim would actually hit the arm.

Can you post a picture? Can you supply part number of wheels?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

as slammin1984 has posted his ? in the T4 thread perhaps this one can be deleted.