Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
CVA's popping out of my DIFF :  any Help ? >

CVA's popping out of my DIFF : any Help ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CVA's popping out of my DIFF : any Help ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CVA's popping out of my DIFF : any Help ?

Hey everyone. I bought a used SC10 and im having some Diff issues,the CVA's are coming out of the diff cups when cornering ( GEAR DIFF ). My main question I have, is the Gear diff shorter the the Ball Diff cause im guessing the previous owner pieced the truck together and either swapped in CVA's with the Gear diff or the the Diff is not what came in the truck originally . Thanks

side note. CVA;s are correct size and shimmed, I checked that against a FT SC10

Last edited by dusty1; 10-09-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So if you were making a right hand turn, is it your drivers side c/a popping out?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Actually, would be passenger side popping out is what I should have asked? Are you running limiters inside the rear shock bodies? Is the truck traction rolling?
Old 10-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i had some issues with dog bones coming out of the diff cups because i have RPM arms and i was told the RPM arms are just a bit longer than stock. when i had CVA's in there they never popped out. how i fixed the dog bones from popping out was to put the red silicone o-rings for shocks in the diff cup and axle cup. obviously you can't do this with CVA's.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dusty1
Hey everyone. I bought a used SC10 and im having some Diff issues,the CVA's are coming out of the diff cups when cornering ( GEAR DIFF ). My main question I have, is the Gear diff shorter the the Ball Diff cause im guessing the previous owner pieced the truck together and either swapped in CVA's with the Gear diff or the the Diff is not what came in the truck originally . Thanks

side note. CVA;s are correct size and shimmed, I checked that against a FT SC10
This needs to in the "Official SC10 thread" - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...10-thread.html

Following forum rules - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html
Old 10-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaycerc
This needs to in the "Official SC10 thread" - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...10-thread.html

Following forum rules - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html
You aren't a mod bro.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Teammoose
You aren't a mod bro.
Are you? I don't think you're my mother either, home boy.

***LOOK FOR A THREAD ON YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS!!!***
"This has become a bit of an issue here lately. If you are asking a question specifically relating to a truck or buggy, please post it in that specific vehicle's thread! And before you post anywhere, use the search button and see if your question hasn't been asked 20 times before. If not, go ahead and ask away. New threads should be relating to general electric offroad questions, or perhaps a very specific and unique problem/idea. If a new truck, motor, ESC comes, out, it is fine to post new threads on this as well. But any questions, pics, or comments about a vehicle/product should be posted in its existing thread (if there is one). Redundant questions or questions about a vehicle with an existing thread will be deleted no questions asked."
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html

Last edited by kaycerc; 10-09-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Oh no, watch out Holmes.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Teammoose
You aren't a mod bro.
pay no attention to him. he trolls on several forums.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
pay no attention to him. he trolls on several forums.
Stop being a jerk, I haven't trolled anywhere.

I just don't like the threads I'm following getting bumped to the second page by people that refuse to follow the rules, and the idiots and jerks that back them up.

"This has become a bit of an issue here lately. If you are asking a question specifically relating to a truck or buggy, please post it in that specific vehicle's thread! And before you post anywhere, use the search button and see if your question hasn't been asked 20 times before. If not, go ahead and ask away. New threads should be relating to general electric offroad questions, or perhaps a very specific and unique problem/idea. If a new truck, motor, ESC comes, out, it is fine to post new threads on this as well. But any questions, pics, or comments about a vehicle/product should be posted in its existing thread (if there is one). Redundant questions or questions about a vehicle with an existing thread will be deleted no questions asked."
Old 10-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's a tampon, methinks it's your time of the month.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Coelacanth
Here's a tampon, methinks it's your time of the month.
Does using tampons increase your ability to read when you're on the rag?

Old 10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kaycerc
Stop being a jerk, I haven't trolled anywhere.

I just don't like the threads I'm following getting bumped to the second page by people that refuse to follow the rules, and the idiots and jerks that back them up.
here's a tip. subscribe to the thread, then you just go to the "Quick Links" toward the top of the page and select "Subscribed Threads". it will list all of your subscribed threads so you don't have to search the entire forum for them.

but i'm sure you knew this and just prefer to be a troll by flaming someone looking for help.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
here's a tip. subscribe to the thread, then you just go to the "Quick Links" toward the top of the page and select "Subscribed Threads". it will list all of your subscribed threads so you don't have to search the entire forum for them.

but i'm sure you knew this and just prefer to be a troll by flaming someone looking for help.
"here's a tip", FOLLOW THE FORUM'S RULES

Old 10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

another great forum feature is the "ignore" option. works great for trolls like KC. ahhhh. no more troll....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.