Wiki Posts
Search

E-Truggy The next big class!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default E-Truggy The next big class!!!

I am so excited about E-Truggy next season! I decided to start this thread to share my interest in the class and hopefully you guys can share pictures and opinions of your trucks. Hopefully we can be objective about our trucks and their strengths and weaknesses. I may have to try them all. I own and have raced my Kyosho St-rr conversion twice this season and have a race coming in a week. Here are a few pics of my St-rr with Castle MMM/2200kv. It runs great, turns good especially on power. It drives like a Cadillac really. It's not edgy or unpredictable. It almost makes you feel like you are just cruising but you lay down fast laps. I am about to try a MBX6T and a D8T. I'll give full review and pictures. Here is a short video of me running it. I was TQ out front in the blue paint with the Husaberg Stickers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHZpJ...layer_embedded

Last edited by flysullivan; 10-03-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love running my E-Truggy ! I have a RC8TE w Castle MMM and 2650 ! ! Its stupidly over powered but so much fun to race ! Cant wait til next year Outdoor Season !!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I have a converted xt8 that I love to race its built like a tank and a blast to drive. The one thing I don't like about it is that it was hard to find a race setup for it but I have found it and I can hang with all the other trucks.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yes, electric truggies are a blast to drive!

I hope it will not be the next big thing cause I've sold all my truggy stuff recently! LOL
Old 10-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm in the process of doing an E Conversion to an XT8, I'm curious to see if the E-Truggy takes off up here or if i just get some play time by myself.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It would be nice if there were more E Truggies , I have had my 8ight T E for almost 3 years now and have never been able to run against just other electric truggies .
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

For outdoors, Truggy is Jason's favorite class. Besides the Nationals, the Futaba Electric Challenge at RJD is the only place he has ever raced an Etruggy only class so he runs in the pro truggy nitro classes durring the summer. I honestly think 4x4 SCT has and will have more entries in the near future. With the new electronics and lipos by a number of companies recently introduced, maybe a few more tracks will offer an Etruggy class next summer.

Keith.

Last edited by kghills; 10-03-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Prophet

oh yea its growing at a slow pace i was racing on sunday and there was two E-Truggies there could of been more if the guy i pitted with brong his .

Oh yea i remmend heavyier oil about 10k to 15k in the center diff. It just last longer, and holds up better it does take time to used though with the extra torque it gives you. I learned the hard way when my center diff exploded on me using lighter than "10k" it can give out on you .
Old 10-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Video

Here is a video of the E-Truggy A-Main last saturday. I TQ'd and was way out front as you can see for most of the race. I made a costly mistake on the huge jump in the back and broke my front hub carrier. I didn't finish but was on my way to a easy win.

I was running my Husaberg theme body on my truggy. Metallic blue with Husaberg vinyl! I love my truggy!!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flysullivan
Here is a video of the E-Truggy A-Main last saturday. I TQ'd and was way out front as you can see for most of the race. I made a costly mistake on the huge jump in the back and broke my front hub carrier. I didn't finish but was on my way to a easy win.

I was running my Husaberg theme body on my truggy. Metallic blue with Husaberg vinyl! I love my truggy!!

WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who in there right mind would build a jump like that on a race track

that is not very car friendly at all

even the 6 pack of jumps does not flow at all wow thats a car breaker IMO
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by flysullivan

omg

thats nuts man the one blue truggy had a really nasty nosedrive and casing the hugh jump !
yea them jumps are way to big lol.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ILOVE MY ETRUGGY TOO !! Im new to 1/8 scale and this is my first truggy as well . Its a losi 8ight-t E . I burned up and old mamba ESC and 1800kv motor which took two lipos out with it . CC sent me out a new set only to find out the new ESC was junk from the get go which also wiped out a brand new 5s lipo . YES I CAN SOLDER AND YES I KNOW WHAT IM DOING lol But non the less I still love Etruggy !! I do have a question for you losi guys what pinion gearing are you running ? And what do you think about 5s ?? cant wait to race this thing again
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

thats called rc motocross jumps are to big minus the huge 1 in back i like that one.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello i have 2 Kyosho STR/R's converted that me and my son race each other with on our backyard track. Electric 1/8 is very very small around here. E-Truggies are a blast I Pray one day they will catch on. We run castlecreations1800kv,HW150a combo's on 4's which is plenty fast for our track.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

To big ???? The big jump is what we call the feature jump and its right on par for most the outdoor 1/8th tracks in the NW. Thre rest look just fine, its all about timing and throttle control. This is offroad after all. If big jumps scare you .... go race onroad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.