Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help with a new radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default help with a new radio

so my GT3B has been glitching and driving me crazy, and i was allready planning on upgrading it soon, but which one? i dont need a ton of features or anything i just want a fast transit time. the spektrum dx3r pro looks nice, and the receivers are only $50 each, but i have heard mixed reviews about spektrum. i have heard good things about Futaba radios, and have used a few and really like the feel of them. my budget is around $500 for a radio and one extra receiver.

thanks.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ko propo Eurus is a nice radio. It feels comfortable and is very fast. So far mine has been error free. Like vehicles though, whats the most popular around you? Might help to have someone else running same radio to help the learning curve
Old 10-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the fast reply. i will look into that radio. mostly its just Spektrum and Futaba radios at all of my local track.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

With a $500 budget, I'm pretty sure you can get about just an radio you want. It's good that you looked at receiver pricing. That was a huge selling point to me when I was choosing a radio. I have 6 cars that are race ready and I like to have spares of everything for those just in case situations. That is why spektrum appealed to me so much. In the bigger scheme of things, it was far cheaper.

But if you only need 2 RX's, that won't play such a big factor for you. Comfort is always going to be the bigger part of you decisions when it comes to a radio. Most radios will have the features you need and want.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer
Ko propo Eurus is a nice radio. It feels comfortable and is very fast. So far mine has been error free. Like vehicles though, whats the most popular around you? Might help to have someone else running same radio to help the learning curve
i have had a ko propo radio in my hands for 7 years 6 of that i been on the team and you cant pry the thing out my hands. and the servos are some the best you find.

be4 the euros came out my old ex10 had rolled the counter over two or there times
Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

With your budget I can highly recommend the Futaba 4PKs. I have used mine (4PK) since they hit the market several years ago without a single hiccup.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would also highly recommend Futaba. Either a 3PKS ( i LOVE mine ) or the 4PKS.

I bought my son a Slash that came with a Spektrum 3.0

It was nothing but trouble. Glitched like crazy, would loose the bind etc

I junked it and got him a Futaba 3PM and have not had a single issue.

Two of 3 friends of mine with highend Spektrums have problems all the time.

From all I have heard only 40% or so of Spektrum users have no complaints with their system
Old 10-03-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Well, if you want the best, airtronics or KO Propo, otherwise, just get spektrum or futaba like everyone else at your track
Old 10-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Airtronics Mx3-x enough said its on sale at hobby people for $159 !
the quality is pretty nice also.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

ok, so Spektrum is out. im sort of leaning towards the 4pks because of the cheaper receivers, and on amainhobbies it comes with the R614FF plus an extra R603FS receiver for $480. are the Airtronics and Ko propo radios really that much better over Futaba?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Futaba 4 life!
No other transmitter is more comfortable in my hand, in my opinion.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Spektrum DX2S ftw. i love it, only issue i've had is with the rpm sensor stuffs up. With some of the packs you can buy you get two rx. just a thought
Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC demon
so my GT3B has been glitching and driving me crazy, and i was allready planning on upgrading it soon, but which one? i dont need a ton of features or anything i just want a fast transit time. the spektrum dx3r pro looks nice, and the receivers are only $50 each, but i have heard mixed reviews about spektrum. i have heard good things about Futaba radios, and have used a few and really like the feel of them. my budget is around $500 for a radio and one extra receiver.

thanks.
Get yourself an Airtronics M11X or MTX. I drive for many years Sanwa/Airtronics
and I am very statisfied with them.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just my 2cents 1 Futaba. 2 airtronics then spectrum. futaba you can get it fixed local if you ever have a problem. I have been using them for 40 yrs. just sold my old wheel futaba to put in a show case..at a local hobby shop,.. it still worked after sitting in a box, for 20 yrs lol
Old 10-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

one more question. which one has the fastest response time out of the Futaba 4PKs, Airtronics M11X and Ko propo EX-10?